Home

Can't Stop Me | Story of Kendall Jenkins

This is a discussion on Can't Stop Me | Story of Kendall Jenkins within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2015, 12:18 AM   #33
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Can't Stop Me | Story of Kendall Jenkins

Old 02-27-2015, 10:14 PM   #34
All Star

beast10's Arena

Will update tomorrow
Old 02-28-2015, 06:45 PM   #35
All Star

beast10's Arena

January 5th, 2015 - Double Trouble

Kendall went back in the locker room and simply laughed at the others. He’d never had an easier time playing ball in his life.

“Y’all better pray that I get on this team, not a single soul in this locker room can hoop. I looked like LeBron James out there.” Kendall arrogantly bragged while taking the Sumner practice jersey off.

“Man you’re just full of yourself.” Mark exclaimed, he was the only white kid on the team.

“Right, at least I pass the damn ball sometimes.” Trey adds.

“What you don’t understand is that I don’t care; I just dropped twenty in that scrimmage and became your coach’s favorite player in one day. So once again, yall can’t hoop.”

“I’m tired of this dude already, you must still think you in Las Vegas so let me welcome you to St. Louis.” Nassir says, the team’s point guard who was also known as a hot head. He gets up off the bench and pushes Kendall a couple inches back.

“N**** first off I’m from North Las Vegas, a big difference… Second, who you think you touching?” Kendall says in a very serious tone leading to him to shove Nassir to the ground.

He bounced back up from the concrete floor and put up his fist ready to fight.

Nassir was no more than 5’8 and 150 so Kendall barely took him seriously, instead he started laughing before daring him to swing at him. Nassir accepted the challenge and cocked his fist back and went in for the hit, Kendall reacted quickly and leaned to the side blocking the punch before giving him two straight hits to the chest. Nassir had a reputation around the school for being a good fighter so the team was surprised and went in to stop the fight after recognizing Kendall’s abilities.

Now he found himself back at the house talking with Michael about the fight as well as how he had already seemed to take over the school.

“Man I’m still stuck on this,” Michael says with a disappointed but joking facial expression. “How the **** do you manage to get in a fight on your first day of school?”

“I told you already, that dude Nassir tried me. These little dudes got too much confidence, only time I’m scared is when I got a gun pointed at my head.”

“Well you’re going to have a gun at your head if you keep ****ing around with these dudes and they will actually shoot. This not Las Vegas… They don’t mess around like that. And besides, didn’t you tell me you weren't trying to get in trouble when I first picked you up from the airport.”

“Yeah I said that. I’m not going to get in no trouble unless it’s drawn to me… Just let me do me, I’m a grown man.”

“Whatever you say fam, but anyways I swear to you that every girl in the school was talking to me trying to get to you, it was aggravating as hell, how many numbers you end up getting?”

“Let me see,” Kendall takes up his phone and counts the numbers he saved in his contacts today. “Thirteen.” He smirks.

“That’s crazy, it’s probably gonna double because all these girls gonna be on your tail because they think you headed to the NBA. They got they eyes set on that money.”

“You probably right, that’s why commitment ain’t in my vocab but that sure don’t mean I’m not gonna get a piece of some of these girls.”

They both laugh before Kendall’s phone began ringing; he looked at the screen and saw it was an unsaved number from with the Vegas area code.

“Yo, who is this?” Kendall asked right away.

“You’re a bitch, a coward, I know you ran away. We had a deal and you thought you could outsmart me? You must have me mistaken… You gon’ pay, ALL you’re people gon’ pay and when I find you again it’s over for you. **** you’re basketball career!”

“What? Who is th-“

Kendall is interrupted by the beeping that signaled the call had been disconnected. It happened so quick that he wasn’t able to put the obvious pieces together and realize that caller was the same person from the black Suburban.

Michael looked at him curious as to what just happened, “Who was that?”

“No clue, somebody from Vegas saying I’ll pay for- matter of fact it’s nothing.” Kendall said while figuring out the situation and not wanting to elaborate on it. He sighed and mumbled explicit words under his breath.

He knew he was in danger but what could he possibly do? He was 1000 miles away…

Last edited by beast10; 03-16-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2015, 09:10 PM   #36
All Star

beast10's Arena

January 8th, 2015 - Average Student

Kendall called up Daryl a day after he received that call. He let him know that he believed they were in danger after the man Daryl identified as Ace [Rollerz leader] had called him and said all ‘his people’ would pay… Daryl then explained that the Rollerz had already been going crazy and that the Vice were losing a lot of territory. All in all it wasn’t safe.

Kendall remained nervous about the ‘his people’ part of that call, it continued to play through his mind. Were his people the Vice, his family, friends? He wondered how Ace even knew he left Vegas, how he even got his number.

“What’s been up with you lately?” Michael says to Kendall who shows a worried look while the ride to school. “You been being real quiet lately.”

“I guess I can tell you…” Kendall replies and begins to tell him the story on what got him here as well as the phone call he got a couple of days ago.

“Damn man,” Michael says shocked and overwhelmed. “When you said bad situations in Vegas I didn’t know you meant like that. Your life is on the line boy, this is serious.”

“I know that… I thought if I escaped then it’d be over and I could live normally again but now the dude is calling me saying he’s going to kill my people. I don’t know what to do.” Kendall said while playing sceneries in his mind.

Michael took some times to think as he pulled into the school parking lot, “I don’t know what to say fam. That’s- that’s just crazy. You can’t go back to the west coast…”

“That’s how it seems like… But what will I do with my mom and brother? They can’t afford to get out of Vegas and they’re the ones I’m mainly worried about. I can’t lose them.”

“This is why you should’ve stayed focus with ball. You got too much to lose.” Michael gets out the car and Kendall does the same as they walk into the school. “Let’s get to class; we gotta talk about this later.”

The two go to their first period Calculus class where Kendall struggled to focus on what the teacher explained. That was how most of his day was all the way until when basketball practice came along. Kendall got changed and went out to the court.

“Hey Kendall get over here,” Coach waves his hand over. “I’ve got bad news for you. The MHSSA finally got back to us; they said the transfer issue had been brought up by plenty of high school athletes who also thought it was unfair. We gave them a good argument but they came to conclusion with rules being rules. They’re not going to let you play but that doesn’t mean you still can’t practice.”

Kendall wasn’t going to practice if he couldn’t play so he simply shrugged and returned to the now empty locker room and got his clothes back on and found Michael who was still on campus talking to a couple of girls.

“Don’t you got practice?” He asks as Kendall approaches him in the clothes he wore to school.

“Nah, the state won’t let me play so I’m done. Just gotta wait for AAU I guess. Seems like nothing is going my way anymore...”

What would Kendall do now? Basketball was what kept him occupied, without that he’d just be an average high school senior for a couple of months. That could be a good thing or it could be a bad thing.

Last edited by beast10; 03-16-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:43 PM   #37
All Star

beast10's Arena

Old 03-01-2015, 10:25 PM   #38
All Star

beast10's Arena

Can't Stop Me | Story of Kendall Jenkins

April 10th, 2015 - Change

Fast forward a couple months and Kendall's mindset was totally different.

Back in Vegas the Vice were nearly conquered, everyone was getting murdered, that included Daryl.

That fired up Kendall when he got the news, Daryl was his best friend he'd known since elementary school and now he was gone just like that. The police had found and arrested the shooter and unsurprisingly it was one of the Rollerz, but it wasn't Ace.

That really got into Kendall's mind negatively… He'd spend multiple nights seriously plotting on going back home and getting revenge for his friend and it wasn't easy but Uncle Winston relieved him from those thoughts.

Uncle Winston had began to play a key role in Kendall's life after he couldn't play ball for Sumner.

He’d come to the house every day and do the same thing which was absolutely nothing, on the bright side he was staying out of trouble but it was only because he was broke and didn't have any transportation outside of Michael but he was always out on the streets and refused to let Kendall ride for his safety.

This resulted in him beginning a bond with other people and family, especially his uncle. He quickly became the father figure Kendall hadn’t had since he lived here with both of his parents.

He always provided Kendall with motivation and got him back on the right track when things got rocky.

Kendall did well listening and tried hard to change his ways.

He wasn't worried about what was going on back at home he just wanted to be successful. When he thought about it that was exactly what everybody wanted him to be anyways. He started picking up his grades, spending a lot more time in the gym, and even let go of all the girls he talked to and got in a relationship with a girl named Melaine he'd met from the local private school.

Just when things seemed to be going perfectly it all changed once again for Kendall.

He got a phone call from no other than Holly. He hadn't talked to her in a while so he didn't expect much when he answered but that thought was truly mistaken.

Emotionally, she told him that she was over 3 months pregnant.

This angered Kendall and he claimed it wasn't his considering he was 100% positive he had protection on that day but then again the chronology made perfect sense. They talked for almost two hours and she had convinced him it was his.

Kendall always did want a kid but only so he could make it a sports superstar but now it was happening he wished otherwise… Holly began aggravating Kendall greatly as she'd call him constantly and even her parents who swore he better be there for the baby.

Kendall tried to put the issues on the back-burner, he just wanted to convert his focus on what he had going for now.

Last edited by beast10; 03-15-2015 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:00 PM   #39
All Star

beast10's Arena

Just realized seniors going into summer weren't even eligible to play AAU ball in real life so I thought that could maybe twist the storyline. 1.) I will just disregard the real life rules and still play Kendall and earn more scholarships or 2.) I will follow the rule and Kendall will have to settle on his small selection of scholarships he currently has.

The choice is yours if you want to vote

Last edited by beast10; 03-07-2015 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:01 PM   #40
Knicks/Jets/Yankees

ThatKidNamedTae's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
Just realized seniors going into summer weren't even eligible to play AAU ball in real life so I thought that could maybe twist the storyline. 1.) I will just disregard the real life rules and still play Kendall and earn more scholarships or 2.) I will follow the rule and Kendall will have to settle on his small selection of scholarships he currently has.

The choice is yours if you want to vote

I'd go with option a

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
2/22/2015

Just wanted to mark this as the day the acquisition of Kendrick Perkins sparked a debate about stacking your team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »