Home

Can't Stop Me | Story of Kendall Jenkins

This is a discussion on Can't Stop Me | Story of Kendall Jenkins within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2015, 03:39 PM   #41
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Can't Stop Me | Story of Kendall Jenkins

decided to disregard the EYBL for storyline purposes and also because very few of the players will actual players will appear in College Hoops. I've kind of been on a writers block so that's why I haven't gotten anything out lately. Might try something tonight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2015, 05:21 PM   #42
Rookie

KingofKings1212's Arena

OVR: 0

Interactive thread, i like this concept
Old 03-16-2015, 05:52 PM   #43
Rookie

KingofKings1212's Arena

OVR: 0

I Keep checking to see if you updated yet.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:01 PM   #44
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofKings1212
Interactive thread, i like this concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofKings1212
I Keep checking to see if you updated yet.
Hey what's up, glad you have interest in this. I'm actually working on an update right now
Old 03-16-2015, 08:42 PM   #45
All Star

beast10's Arena

June 5th, 2015 - Home, prior to messing everything up

Time continued to go by as Kendall wrapped up his senior year at Sumner High School. He didn’t really enjoy the tenure there to be honest, he had friends and all but he just couldn’t wait to get out and get back to the west coast.

Before he graduated last week, Kendall took Melanie to his school prom, she then chose the after party destination and it ended up being a house party hosted by one of her old volleyball teammates from her school. They seemed to be having a good time but things went south from there; Kendall received a call from no other than Holly.

He denied the call after realizing he’d never even told Melanie about the situation. When the phone once again began ringing Melanie took control of the phone and introduced herself and listened as Holly started to explain everything which turned out to have some false claims in it. When she hung up Kendall wasn’t allowed much say, instead Melanie simply asked ‘why’ before leaving him at the party in tears.

Kendall knew she was a keeper, that’s why he had continued to talk to her for multiple months but with him preparing to leave the state, he didn’t really mind to fix things now. He gave a little attempt to earn her forgiveness that next day but she just didn’t want to hear it so they simply moved on.

Now the time had come, Kendall has packing up his possessions from the house before his flight would leave at eight later tonight.

“I can’t believe you’re going,” Michael helps unhook Kendall’s game console. “We became brothers over the last few months.”

“Man you been out on the streets all this time while I sat in the house with no damn money.” Kendall snapped.

“Come on, don’t give me that, I was getting money the only way I could… You know where I’m going in a couple months?... The army, you on the other hand have multiple full rides to colleges for basketball. I been protecting you if anything.”

“Yeah you told me that a thousand times already; I’m just joking with you… You did good bruh, if it wasn’t for you I’d probably be dead right now.” He acknowledged while moving his suitcase near the door.

“Don’t say that, might mess around and jinx yourself.”

The two continue talking and packing before time ticks to around six. They start to put the bags in Michael’s car and Kendall says his goodbyes to his uncle and aunt before the two make their way to the busy airport.

“Alright fam, good luck back there in Vegas. Don’t forget where you came from either, when you make it to the league I want courtside tickets every night.” Michael smirks and hands over one of Kendall’s suitcases. “By the way, you better make it. Make the family proud,”

“Yeah, you already know. But stay safe out here and especially when you get into army.” Kendall seriously ordered with a raised eyebrow for confirmation.

“You know I’m good out here. Just keep in touch.”

“Alright, see you another time.” The two shake hands and Kendall goes through the airport procedures before he gets to boarding. He finds his designated spot on the plane and puts his headphones on as the plane began its departure.

Before long, Kendall found himself back home in Las Vegas. He was so caught up in being back that he almost forgot he still had a gang trying to kill him out here. He proceeded to the baggage pickup before seeing his ecstatic mom and brother standing near the entrance who were able to spot him from him towering height. Both their faces were happier than Kendall had ever seen.

“It’s so good to see you!” She came up and hugged him.

They talked for a couple minutes and recapped how life had been without each other then they picked up the bags and walked through the weather Kendall had forgotten about, at around one hundred and five degrees it would’ve been smarter to wear more suitable clothes. Before arriving at the house, Kendall noticed a pack of people wearing green at his street corner, which were the Rollerz colors.

Kendall quickly questioned it, his block was known as open territory but the Rollerz didn’t stetch out this far. “Are these dudes always out here?”

“I see them by my school but never around here.” Trent reported.

“I can’t be around here, mom.” Kendall quickly concluded after retracing his day, he posted on Twitter earlier that he was coming back home. He figured the word must’ve spread and now they were after him.

“They’re waiting for me, we gotta get out of here!” He urgently added while seeing the group turn their head towards the car. “Quick!”

“What?” Mom asked with a frustrated face. “We can’t go through this again; you just got back in town! I’m not shipping you off again.”

“No mom, just GO! I need to stay somewhere else. Turn the car around; I’m going to call and see if I can stay at one of my friend’s houses.”

She proceeds with his directions and they head down to a local store and park while Kendall dials up his old friend Anthony’s phone number which isn’t answered. He then dials Cody and gets the same result except his went straight to voicemail.

His mom started up with her famous rants, “See this is why you should’ve just stayed focus with school and basketball, none of this –“

Kendall interrupted with no interests in listening, “I don’t have time for that right now, mom, I just need a place to stay.”

Last edited by beast10; 03-16-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 08:48 PM   #46
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Interest
To: [email protected]

Kendall,

As you know, we've been on the lookout for you since your junior year at Mojave. You've got talent that we feel could help us immediately.

We haven't heard much from you in a while and we are curious as to if you have any interests left for the program. If not, we'll simply stop contacting you. We here at UNC are however hoping that you put us in consideration, we've got a ball-club that has finished with some content seasons, like I said, with you in the scenery we believe we could accomplish more.

Keep in touch if you're interested.

Last edited by beast10; 03-16-2015 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:54 PM   #47
All Star

beast10's Arena

Old 03-16-2015, 09:49 PM   #48
All Star

beast10's Arena

June 12th, 2015 - Forewarning

“Rise and shine, kid.” Coach Austin flickers the lights on and off as Kendall flops from side to side on the bed trying to avoid the shine. “Come on get up, you told me you wanted to be ready for the NCAA. This is what it takes.”

Kendall finally rises out of the bed and checks his phone to see that it’s 4:45 in the morning. He takes a long yawn and the two get ready to go to the gym. This was the seventh day he’d been staying at Coach Austin’s house living alongside of his small family. It all started when Kendall first arrived a couple days ago and he snapped at his mom after she started her nagging him. Kendall knew by now his mom was very strict and sometimes even bipolar but when she told him to get out the car and pulled off, Kendall was a little surprised.

He took it how it was, expecting she’d come back for him within two minutes but she didn’t. Instead Kendall stood helplessly before he walked into the Walmart which he was left in front of. Coincidentally he found his former assistant coach from Mojave; Richard Austin.

Of course, Coach Austin was surprised to see Kendall after losing contact of one of his favorite players for over five months but the two caught up and Kendall told him about his newly found situation. He offered him a room for him in his house until he could work things back out with his mom and Kendall agreed.

His mom would go on to call and apologize about an hour later but Kendall explained that it was fine and that he found somewhere to stay for the time being. Ever since then, Coach had been working Kendall trying to get him better before he took off for college in about a month.

“This is the jab series; if you master the first step at any level of basketball you’ll be dominant.” Richard goes through the motions for an example before Kendall received the ball. “Ten reps of the five variations, go.”

Kendall built a sweat as he prevailed through the drills he was directed through for a good three hours. Being a good player, he never felt he needed to try as hard but Coach Austin really pushed him and it was the hardest he’d worked in a very long time.

When it was all over Kendall remained to stay low at the Austin’s residence just outside Las Vegas. Later on throughout the day he got a call from Ant who must’ve been returning the call from a couple of days ago.

Kendall answered happy to here from his friend he hadn't talked to in a while, "Hello?"

“Yo, what do you want?” He replied in an angered tone.

“You need to work on your introductions, for real.”

“Shut the **** up,” he barked. “You ruined everything around here. You got Daryl killed, Vibe killed. You a ****ing bogus bitch! Don’t even call this number again! The Vice is gone now, Rollerz took over everything.”

"What? Daryl told me to lea-"

And with that, the line was dropped as Kendall sat there trying to take in how one of his old best friends just cursed him out like that. Things would only get worst from there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »