Home

Ray Turner Coaching Legacy | CH2K8

This is a discussion on Ray Turner Coaching Legacy | CH2K8 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2015, 04:47 PM   #65
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ray Turner Coaching Legacy | CH2K8

FIU goes 2-0 on homestand; Signs 2 recruits

Game 1 of the two game home stand had FIU facing off against UTSA Roadrunners. The Roadrunners come into the game at 2-2, but started off like a 4-0 team. The starting center's of both teams stole the show. UTSA's Oswaldo Nesovic dropped in a game high 36, getting to the line 20 times, but only making 6 of them. FIU's Sonny Byrd scored 24 of his own, going 10 of 13 from the floor. FIU takes this one 89-78.

The 2nd game had the Panthers going against struggling Alabama State with a record of 1-3. That didn't stop them from playing a great first half, going in leading by 3. The 2nd half was a different story though, as FIU outscored Alabama State 53-40. Sonny Byrd led the way again going for 13 and 9. The Panthers advance to 6-0 winning 89-79. They now face off against Texas who is 5-2 on the year.

Florida International also signed 2 guys over the In-Season signing period.
2 Star SF Eni Soto - 6'5" 199 Pounds
2 Star C Channing Hamilton - 6'10" 218 Pounds

Coach's thoughts on the signings
Quote:
These guys have been interested in us since the day we pursued them. We loved that from them, because it showed us that they wanted to play for us. Yes, they are only 2 stars, but they will develop into superstars one day. We are also pursuing 4 star JC PG Collins Leach, and a few others as we still have 3 remaining schollys.

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2015, 05:10 PM   #66
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Texas kills Florida International

Austin,TX-The game between Florida International (88) and Texas (94) was supposed to be close. It was not though. Texas won the game 70-41. After Florida International jumped out to a hot start with a 12-4 lead, everything fell apart. Every time down the court, the Panthers were shooting themselves in the foot, finishing with 21 turnovers. Texas also shot the ball extremely well from deep going 11-21. Any team that shoots that well is going to be hard to beat. Florida International also had a tough time getting any offense going, finishing the game with only 41 points. Halston Mark of Texas finished the game with a team high 19 points, going 5-10 from deep. Not one player from FIU scored above 10 points. FIU now has 3 games left in the non-conference schedule that should be winnable, one of them being @ UC Davis, coach Turner's old school. Turner's thoughts on the game are listed below.

Quote:
They were good. Very very good in fact. However, I don't want to have this game be all negative. We played bad, yes. But we could be better. We play them 100 times, they win 95 of them. I was hoping this would be 1 of the 5 we would win, but it wasn't our night. Texas is the team that I want to build this program into someday.

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 03-25-2015, 05:20 PM   #67
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

FIU 8-1 heading into UC Davis matchup

The first game had FIU going up against Loyola (MD). Loyola came into the game with a record of 2-8, so the Panthers knew what needed to be done. The Panthers did just that winning 73-55. Theodore Haney led the way for Florida International with 17 points and 7 rebounds.

Game 2 was FIU facing off with Gardner-Webb. Once again, the Panthers should win, and they delivered winning 93-83. Just like last game, Theodore Haney led the way with 21 points and 11 rebounds for a double-double. Josh Powell was also a spark off the bench scoring 15 points.

The Panthers will now travel to UC Davis to face the Aggies in the last out of conference game of the year. Coach's thoughts for that game are listed below.

Quote:
I'm excited. I wanted to go back, and I am glad both AD's could set up this great opportunity for me. They're having a down year only being 2-7, but I know they will get back on track and finish the year strong. However, I need to remember we still have a game to be played, and winning will be the first priority.

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 03-25-2015, 06:39 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I am curious why sign 2* guy's in-season. Florida is a recruiting hotbed and I would think you should be able to land at least 3* guy's easy. You should really focus on looking for guy's who don't have any scholarship offers after the in-season is over and target them. Also same after the off-season. I typically can always find a 4* guy who has no offers and for me last year it turned out to be 5* AA PG R. Spears.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:10 PM   #69
Inter Miami

southernmetalhead's Arena

OVR: 7

Nice start to the season. Things seem to be rolling for FIU at 8-1. I'm like Deuce though, I thought you would probably be doing a little better recruiting than just getting 2 stars.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:53 PM   #70
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I am curious why sign 2* guy's in-season. Florida is a recruiting hotbed and I would think you should be able to land at least 3* guy's easy. You should really focus on looking for guy's who don't have any scholarship offers after the in-season is over and target them. Also same after the off-season. I typically can always find a 4* guy who has no offers and for me last year it turned out to be 5* AA PG R. Spears.
I'm on the top of 2 4 stars, and a 3 star with B+ Shooting. This class won't be a bust at all. These guys I signed can also shoot the ball (B+ and B) which is what I'm looking for. At the end of the day, stars mean nothing. It's all about building the system the way you want it to look.

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 03-25-2015, 11:52 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
I'm on the top of 2 4 stars, and a 3 star with B+ Shooting. This class won't be a bust at all. These guys I signed can also shoot the ball (B+ and B) which is what I'm looking for. At the end of the day, stars mean nothing. It's all about building the system the way you want it to look.
Gotcha, I didn't realize you still had 3 scholarships left, and you are correct you can find a 2* who can shoot the ball and sometimes that is all you need out of bench/role type player. I am currently using a 2* walkon SG who has a 71 3pt rating as my 10th man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2015, 07:02 PM   #72
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Panther's win in Turners return

Davis,CA-Coach Ray Turner made his homecoming party a party to forget for UC Davis. After only being down by 1 at half, the Aggies had some hope. That was until the 2nd half when the Aggies were outscored 40-29 in route to a 68-56 victory for the Panthers, who go into conference season with a 9-1 record. Fransisco Loughton, an ex-player for Turner led the way for the Aggies with 15 points, while also adding 6 assist. Only one player broke 10 points for the Panthers, and that player was Johnathon Mulligen who had 12 points. FIU now travels to North Texas for the conference opener. North Texas is 3-5. Look at Turner's post game below.

Quote:
It was fun. The team honored me, but most importantly they came to play. I wanted a challenge, and I was glad they gave us one. Our guys need to learn how to handle themselves in close games, and they showed me tonight that they can. With only day off, the subbing pattern will be a little different. I want to go to North Texas and leave with a win though.

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »