Home

Coaching Legacy of Allen Finch (CH2K8)

This is a discussion on Coaching Legacy of Allen Finch (CH2K8) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2015, 05:46 PM   #25
MVP

focer4's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Coaching Legacy of Allen Finch (CH2K8)

Cornell Wins again vs. The Citadel

Cornell pulls out a big win vs. The Citadel Bulldogs 68-58. Miller had another big game with 22 points 11 rebounds and 3 assists. Cressler had a rough game scoring but set a season high in assists with 10. He had to PG for most of the game because Cherry got injured (sprained knee day-to-day). It was an all around team effort.

The Bulldogs were led JR PG Marshall harris who had 20 points and 6 assists. The rest of their players were unspectacular or struggled.

Post-Game Interview

Reporter: You are facing duke next game what is your gameplan for Duke's dominating frontcourt
Coach Finch: I think we need to contain Okafor and play solid defence on the others but there might not be a way to stop this team. I hope we can overcome this huge challenge
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 01:40 PM   #26
MVP

focer4's Arena

UPSET of THE YEAR

Cornell improves to 9-3 with a win over #6 Duke. The final score was 80-72. Hatter came up with a turn around performance shooting 50% from the field and having 10 points 5 assists. Cressler did it all for the Big Red with a 16/7/5 slash line and miller had 14 points and 15 rebounds against significantly bigger competition. All five starters for Cornell had double digit points. Scelfo had 5 rebounds off the bench and it seemed the much taller Blue Devils could not out rebound the smaller Cornell.

It was a rather flat game for Duke with Okafor only grabbing 2 boards but led the team in points with 13. It did not help that team captain Quinn Cook got injured 4 minutes into the game. In his absence Tyus Jones put up an impressive 12 points.

Post-game Interview
Reporter: How excited are you that you have upset a top 10 team in the country
Coach Finch: I couldn't be happier about how our team played today
Reporter: There have been some rumours that you and Robert Hatter have not been seeing eye-to-eye lately. Can you elaborate on this?
Coach Finch: As a coach or a player you have to realize that if you want your team to succeed you have to work together even if you don't get along all of the time and Robert and I have worked out our differences.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:58 PM   #27
MVP

focer4's Arena

Cornell Keeps Rolling

The Big Red continue their winning ways with their fifth straight win vs. NJIT. Miller continues to impress with 16 points and 15 rebounds. He is averaging 13 and 11 for the year. Cressler continues to fill the stat sheet with 8/6/3 while connecting with 2 three pointers. He is averaging 15/3/3 for the year. Scelfo had another 4 boards today and Hatter had 10 points including 2 threes at the end to seal it.

The Big Red held the Highlanders to under 20 in both halves. Cornell has been looking strong going into conference play on Saturday against Columbia.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:38 PM   #28
MVP

focer4's Arena

Cornell Sweeps Columbia Series

Game 1
Cornell continues their dominance at this year at home with a 65-44. Miller continued to grab boards with 15 and had 12 points to go along. The Mad Hatter caught on fire with 4 threes and 16 points and 5 assists. Tarwater had had 15 points 6 rebounds. Cressler was held to 5 and could not get anything going and went 2-11. This was one of the most dominant games for the Big Red this year.

Game 2
In the next game Cressler continued to struggle and went 1-7 with 5 points. Cornell won by 3 in a very close and competitive game compared to last game's blow out. Hatter was 4-5 with 10 points and 5 assists and continued his dominance. Miller had an uncharacteristic 3 rebound game but is still leading the conference.

I have also have gotten A verbal comitment from Dobbins (100%)
Old 06-19-2015, 12:51 PM   #29
MVP

focer4's Arena

Could Cornell continue their streak?

Cornell seemed to be in the driver's seat all game. In the first half Cornell had relied on Miller to do the dirty work (he had 18 of his 22 in the first half). No one else could do anything except for Cressler who also had double digit points in the first half. But that seemed enough as The Big Red had a 3 point lead going into the locker room. Throughout most of the second half Cressler and Hatter had kept the lead and were looking at their 8th win in a row, but near the end when the starters began to tire the Bears took the lead and got it up to 5 with 1 minute left. Cornell narrowed the lead to 2 points but Brown had a 2 shots at the line and made the first one to make their lead 3. They missed the second and Hatter got the rebound and passed it to Smith who took the three and the whole stadium went quiet as the shot went up with 4.1 seconds on the clock......

And the shot clinked off the rim and Brown has ended Cornell's 7 game win streak.

Cornell was led by Cressler and Miller who had 22 points 6 rebounds and 1 assists each. Hatter also had 11 and Cherry dished out a season high 11 assists. Other than Cressler Miller and Hatter the team was 2-9 with 4 points.

Brown was led by JR C Maia who had his teams first 14 point and finished with 24 points 7 rebounds. Star point guard McGonagill added 15 points onto his Ivy league leading total.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:12 PM   #30
MVP

focer4's Arena

Cornell wins another nail biter

Cornell has struggled to play consistently on the road this year and has faded often. The Big Red survive their inconsistantcy with a buzzer beater from The Mad Hatter. Hatter had 8 points and also had 3 steals to go along. Miller was stuck in the funk that haunted him the second half last game and only had 2 points and 4 boards. Cherry had an uncharacteristic game with only 1 assist but had 11 points. Cressler had 12 point and 4 rebounds in a solid day shooting (5-10).

Poll News:
Mid-major:#7
Old 06-21-2015, 03:03 PM   #31
MVP

focer4's Arena

Cornell beats Princeton

Cornell picks up its 13th win of the year in a 59-48 win over Princeton. The Big Red sit atop the Ivy League with a 13-4(4-1) record. It was another big game for Nolan Cressler as he shot over 50% from downtown and had 24 points. Miller had 14 points and 9 rebounds. He is basically a walking double-double this year. Hatter struggled from the field. He only went 2-8 and has been a up and down year for the freshman. Cherry chipped in another 8 assists to his Ivy League leading total
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 05:38 PM   #32
MVP

focer4's Arena

Cornell Stunned by Penn

Cornell was defeated by Penn at home 74-69. Cornell overcame a 13 point deficit with 5 minutes left. Th Mad Hatter almost led comeback single handedly with 11 points in that time period including 3 long bombs. The team was not impressive today with 10 turnovers paired with a horrid defensive effort in the first half. Penn was leading 41-30 at the half and the game looked to be getting out of hand. Cressler had 11 points and Miller had 12 points, 2 assists and 7 rebounds.

Penn was shooting from 3 point range like crazy throwing up 23 three point shots. They only had 8 makes but that was enough to put the Big Red in a big hole. Penn's PG Cartwright was 4-7 from downtown and 8-11 overall. He had 27 points, 4 assists, and 2 steals. PF Dougherty showed he is a master of thievery with 3 steals.

Overall it was good effort but early defensive troubles destroyed Cornell's shot at winning this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »