Home

CHICAGO BULLS : A NEW ERA OF LEADERSHIP

This is a discussion on CHICAGO BULLS : A NEW ERA OF LEADERSHIP within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2015, 01:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CHICAGO BULLS : A NEW ERA OF LEADERSHIP

You need a backup in C spot so sign Larry or trade Doug for another...

good luck!
Old 06-01-2015, 12:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 19

Bulls open season with a win
Bulls 123 Raptors 109

Jimmy Butler pounds his chest after his 30 point performance against Toronto.

The Chicago Bulls opened up at the United Center Tuesday night with a convincing win against the Toronto Raptors. The new revamped offense flowed very well. They put up 123 points with a field goal percentage of 59%. From beyond the arc, they shot 50% on 13 of 26 shooting. "I was very pleased with the ball movement tonight. We played very unselfish on offense. On the defensive side of the court, I thought we could have played better" said head coach Scott Brooks.

Jimmy Butler had a team high 30 points while going 6 of 7 from three point land. "It was a great start for us. We had a lot of confidence coming into tonight and this just boosted it even more" said Butler. Derrick Rose also had a strong game with 25 points and 8 assists. Pau Gasol continued his strong play as a Bull with 18 points and 9 boards. Newcomer Tobias Harris fell right into place on this team with 18 points and 7 assists. "I felt very comfortable tonight. I got a lot of touches. The guys found me when I was open and I was able to knock down some shots. When I wasn't open, I drove and dished out to some open guys" said Harris.

For game one of the regular season, you have to like what you saw as a Bulls fan. Yes, the defense could have been better but for these guys to gel on offense this quickly is a good sign. Two great numbers were the 29 assists and the 26 points off the bench. It was a total team effort.

Last edited by MVPdrose1; 06-01-2015 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:57 AM   #11
Rookie

Bulls season off to hot start
Bulls 113 Grizzlies 103

Joakim Noah turned back the clock and played like his former energetic self.

Joakim Noah performed in a way that Bulls fans have not seen in a while. Noah was all over the court Thursday night against the Memphis Grizzlies. He had 12 points with 19 rebounds and 7 of them came on the offensive glass. "I feel great man. I worked hard this off-season and got to rehab my knee" said Noah. In the final year of his contract, Joakim needs to have a big year. Tonight he looked like the Noah of old.

Bulls had 6 players in double figures. Jimmy Butler had a game high 24 points. Derrick Rose posted a double-double with 17 points and 11 assists. Tobias Harris continues to impress with 19 points in just his second game as a Bull. Nikola Mirotic shined off the bench with 19 points in 19 minutes. "Niko is huge for us. He is a match-up nightmare with his size and speed. Not many guys at his position can keep up with him" said coach Scott Brooks.

Center Larry Sanders rolled his ankle in the second quarter and had to leave the game. The training staff announced that it was just a sprain and he is day-to-day. He should be available going forward.

Last edited by MVPdrose1; 06-02-2015 at 02:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2015, 03:23 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

SUBSCRIBED
Old 06-04-2015, 12:03 AM   #13
Rookie

Rivalry heats back up

Bulls 118 Heat 107

Jimmy Butler catches an elbow on a screen set by Chris Anderson.

Ever since LeBron James left the Miami Heat, the rivalry between the Heat and Bulls has died down. It heated back up tonight when "Birdman" Chris Anderson delivered an elbow to the head of Jimmy Butler on a screen. Several players got into a scrum but was broken up quickly. All this did was fire up the Bulls. Derrick Rose and Jimmy Butler led the charge combining for 49 points and 15 assists. "When these two guys are pushing the ball up court and running the floor, we are hard to beat" said coach Scott Brooks.

Chris Bosh had a solid performance with 24 points and 9 rebounds. The Bulls big men had a hard time running out to defend his jumper. Dwyane Wade was held to 8 points through the first three quarters. He erupted for 14 points in the fourth quarter. It was not enough though to overtake the Bulls.

Derrick Rose lays in an acrobatic shot against former Bull Luol Deng.

Head coach Scott Brooks continued to get good production from his bench. Nikola Mirotic had a tough shooting night but scored 11 points. Doug McDermott was the surprise of the night with 14 points. "I feel very comfortable in this offense. When you get the green light to shoot in a high volume offense, you can build a lot of confidence" said McDermott.

Bulls now head back home to Chicago for a highly anticipated match up with LeBron and the Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday night. "I could sit here and tell you that its just another game, but I wouldn't be telling you the truth. We want to beat those guys" said Joakim Noah. Sounds like the Bulls will be a little more motivated than usual.

Last edited by MVPdrose1; 06-04-2015 at 12:31 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:15 PM   #14
Rookie

LeBron continues his
reign as king

Bulls 120 Cavs 125

LeBron James gets past the Bulls defense for an uncontested dunk.

In his first game against LeBron James and the Cavaliers as Bulls head coach, Scott Brooks walked away with a loss. James and Kyrie Irving were just too much to handle Tuesday night in Chicago. They combined for 69 points and 14 assists. "We have to play better defensively. Plain and simple. Despite this being our first loss, we also have given up over 100 points in our 3 wins. We have to be better" said Brooks. The big man duo of Kevin Love and Timofey Mozgov gave the Bulls problems as well. They combined for 34 points and 16 rebounds.

Despite the loss, the Bulls offense performed well. Derrick Rose had 30 points and 11 assists. He powered the offense throughout the game. Jimmy Butler scored 22 points but shot poorly from down town, going 2 of 10. Tobias Harris scored 18 points and grabbed 8 rebounds. Harris spent more time tonight at the power forward position and was on the floor with Rose, Butler, Snell and Gasol. "I thought that line-up gave us a lot of spacing on the floor. When we put Tobias at the four spot, we can have either Tony or Doug out there as well. It gives us a high powered offense" said coach Brooks. It is early in the season and the Bulls looked up to the task against the Cavs. They just came up a little short.

Last edited by MVPdrose1; 06-06-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:48 PM   #15
Rookie

Bulls drop two in a row

Bulls 102 Magic 106

Victor Oladipo breaks away for a reverse slam.

The Orlando Magic has got the Chicago Bulls number. Last year, Victor Oladipo beat the Bulls with a buzzer beating driving layup. Tonight, Oladipo led the up and coming Orlando Magic to a big win over the Bulls. "They are a young talented team. They just wanted it more tonight" said head coach Scott Brooks. The Magic opened the first quarter with a 30-19 lead. At halftime, Bulls were still down by 10. Bulls then made their run in the third quarter, out scoring the Magic 32-21. The Bulls had chances in the fourth quarter, but were unable to take advantage. Oladipo forced a turnover on Jimmy Butler and broke away for a dunk in the final minute, sealing the game.

Bulls are now 3-2 on the year. "You can put this one on me. Can't be careless with the ball. I let Oladipo sneak in and swipe the ball away from me" said Butler. In the loss, Mo Williams rolled his ankle and may be out a few days.

Last edited by MVPdrose1; 06-07-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »