Home

#WeWill | University of Maryland Dynasty (CH2k8)

This is a discussion on #WeWill | University of Maryland Dynasty (CH2k8) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #25
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #WeWill | University of Maryland Dynasty (CH2k8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrantley130
Subscribed.... Nice writing man.... Keep it up!
Thanks! Appreciate the feedback, i'm definitely trying to improve on this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 10:02 AM   #26
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

Big Ten Regular Season Standings as Season is Coming to a Close

Although Maryland has not had too many problems in conference play, the regular season title race is still very close with a surprising competitor -- the Michigan Wolverines. The hiring and performance of John Harbaugh for the football team probably pumped up the basketball players as well this season, leading to a 11-4 record thus far.

Another surprising aspect is how Illinois has the worst conference record of any ranked team in the Big Ten, despite having the second highest AP ranking at #6. The polls seem to be favoring teams like Illinois and Indiana for how the teams are constructed and previous year accolades. Still, this just adds motivation to teams like Michigan and Wisconsin, who have put out better conference records and are trying to climb up the ladder. These final few games are big for Maryland and every other team since quite a few are trying to not get their bubbles bursted.

Last edited by J-Clutch1; 06-26-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:05 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Illinois reminds me of Kansas in my legacy. The Jayhawks started the year 16-0 and were the #1 team in the country but then went 8-8 in Big 12 play (including 2 loss's to me/Colorado) yet still were ranked #6 and got a #3 seed in the tourney. (I was ranked #22 despite winning the Big 12 but also got a #3 with because I had the #1 RPI) I ended up playing them in the Final 4.

Hopefully you finish strong and win the conference title and tourney and go into the Dance on a strong note
Old 06-26-2015, 01:15 PM   #28
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

Maryland Wins the Regular Season, Big Ten Tournament

Maryland finished conference play on a strong note, clinching sole possession of the #1 slot in the Big Ten. This finish gave them a first round bye in the Big Ten Tournament. Their first opponent ended up being Penn State, who upset the Iowa Hawkeyes. Penn State put up a fight, but Maryland's talent level was just too much.

In the tournament semifinals, the Terrapins were up against the Wisconsin Badgers. Wisconsin is always a tough matchup with Bo Ryan at the helm, but again, Maryland managed to pull of the exciting win.

This set up a headlining matchup against the #7 Michigan Wolverines. Just last year in Men's Lacrosse, Michigan defeated the Terrapins to claim the Big Ten title. But Maryland prevented history to be rewritten as Maryland won with an impressive offensive output, scoring 89 points as a team.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:25 PM   #29
Just started!

ok, I also think like you
Old 06-26-2015, 01:37 PM   #30
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

Selection Sunday! Maryland Shocking the World, Given Overall #1 Seed

Top Seeds:
East - Maryland
South - Kentucky
Midwest - Gonzaga
West - Kansas

East Region:
1 Maryland vs. Texas Southern/Youngstown State
8 Depaul vs. 9 LSU
5 Virginia vs. 12 North Florida
4 Duke vs. 13 Old Dominion
6 UCLA vs. 11 Kent St.
3 Arizona vs. 14 South Dakota
7 Texas A&M vs. 10 TCU
2 North Carolina vs. 15 N. Illinois

South Region:
1 Kentucky vs. 16 Chattanooga
8 Oklahoma St. vs. 9 Wisconsin
5 Oklahoma vs. 12 Boston
4 Louisville vs. 13 Coastal Carolina
6 Richmond vs. 11 CS Fullerton
3 Miami(FL) vs. 14 Hampton
7 Colorado vs. 10 Long Bach St.
2 Michigan vs. 15 Stephen F. Austin

Midwest Region:
1 Gonzaga vs. 16 Idaho St.
8 Connecticut vs. 9 Vanderbilt
5 Pittsburgh vs. 12 Fresno St.
4 Florida vs. 13 Iona
6 Cincinnati vs. 11 Texas Tech
3 UNLV vs. 14 Wichita St.
7 East Carolina vs. 10 Villanova
2 Texas vs. 15 Bucknell

West Region:
1 Kansas vs. 16 Long Island
8 San Jose St. vs. 9 SMU
5 Memphis vs. 12 La Salle
4 Indiana vs. 13 Princeton
6 Iowa St. vs. 11 Michigan St.
3 Illinois vs. 14 Denver
7 Florida St. vs. 10 USC
2 North Carolina St. vs. 15 Austin Peay

Big 12 had 8 teams representing the conference, while the Big Ten, ACC, and Big East have 6.

Tournament Snubs:
Georgetown, Washington, Auburn, Dayton, E. Washington

Maryland's reaction was much different than last year's (https://twitter.com/umterps/status/577229425609162752). The team realizes that the pressure is on for everyone to produce. What adds even more pressure is how multiple powerhouses from their former conference, the ACC, are also in the East Region. Could we see the rivalry heat up again between Maryland and those schools in North Carolina this year?

Either way, next up is the winner of Texas Southern and Youngstown State.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:51 PM   #31
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by m88joneanh
ok, I also think like you
What do you mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2015, 02:42 PM   #32
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

Maryland Easily Handles Youngstown St., Upsets Around the Tournament

Datyon, OHIO -- The Maryland Terrapins easily won their Round of 64 matchup against Youngstown St, who previously knocked out Texas Southern in the play-in game. Maryland started off slow, trailing by 4 after 10 minutes of play, but Coach Turgeon urged the players to pick up their defensive intensity. That's exactly what the players did as Maryland forced turnover after turnover in both the halfcourt and with a little full court press. Youngstown St. just never faced this level of competition. It didn't help their case how their star wing went 1 for 11 from the field while Maryland's star point guard went off for a near triple-double. Jake Layman provided a much needed scoring boost, and Maryland looks to their next game against 8-seeded Depaul.

Coach Turgeon said in the presser after the game, "Youngstown St. definitely gave us a scare in the beginning, but I'm glad we kept our composure and didn't really let those early runs affect us. I'm proud of our guys. You guys might be looking at Melo's box score and see the points, rebounds, and assists, but I'm really happy about him keeping his turnovers down. Hopefully this is a trend, since keeping the ball allows us to play the offense we always envision."

Upsets:
In the East Region, 11-seeded Kent St. upset 6-seeded UCLA, winning by just 2 points. 10-seed TCU also upset 7-seed Texas A&M, two teams who were both on the bubble.

The biggest upsets, however, came from the Midwest region where 3-seed UNLV was blown out by 14-seed Wichita St. Wichita St. will face 11-seed Texas Tech, who also happened to blow out the higher seeded Cincinnati.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »