Home

Raptors Rising: A Toronto Raptors Alternate History

This is a discussion on Raptors Rising: A Toronto Raptors Alternate History within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2015, 04:12 AM   #41
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Raptors Rising: A Toronto Raptors Alternate History

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Must bid farewell to this franchise, as I'm moving onto NBA 2K16 when it releases next Friday (preordering FTW). Really excited about what this game is going to be, the customization and depth looks incredible. I've got a whole new rig on the way that'll be built and assembled by game-time Friday -- it's going to be very pretty (should last me a good five years before I need to upgrade, barring a disaster).

All that said, I have plans for the MyLeague portion of 2K16, but I don't have any for MyGM, and -- as it happens -- I'll be wanting to to keep a list of teams to potentially take over and tell a compelling story about.

A few questions for you good people:

1. Who would you guys like to see me dynasty about?

2. Where would you like to read about it: here in this forum or in the Dynasty section (which I've never used before but definitely seems like that's where people are putting stuff now)?

3. What features would you like to see in the new Dynasty? (I've got a kickin' rig lined up, it'll be WAY more capable so expect there to be video recaps/highlights more than likely -- assuming my vid program plays nice with Win 10.)

4. Any players you'd like to see specifically?

As always, thanks for following and keeping the faith. I look forward to your input and the basketball season ahead (only a month or so left till NBA is BACK).

A little bummed to see this dynasty go, but excited to see what's coming next!

1- I'd love to see the Wizards, since John Wall is my favorite player, and they could be on the cusp of something special in the coming years, especially if you can lure Durant to DC (there could be some really interesting storylines with that). Other than that, Denver is in disarray right now so they could make an interesting reclamation project, and Utah is an exciting young team with some potential. New Orleans obviously has Anthony Davis as the next superstar and also could be on the cusp of greatness. The Lakers are still a mess and I know you are a fan but you've already done the Lakers so I don't know if you want to go back (D'Angelo Russell is going to be a beast though!), and the Bucks, T-Wolves, and Magic all have some intriguing pieces too. A lot of directions you could go with the team and I'd be happy with any of them. Whichever team that has the most intriguing roster for you and/or you could craft the most compelling story with is the one you should go with, but these are just my suggestions.

2- Keep it in the forums if only because it's more familiar for you (and for me as a reader and I would assume everyone else)

3- Video-based stuff would be really cool

4- I mean any talented young players and stars in general are fun to watch, so nothing specific here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2015, 11:07 AM   #42
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxPatfan16xxx
A little bummed to see this dynasty go, but excited to see what's coming next!

1- I'd love to see the Wizards, since John Wall is my favorite player, and they could be on the cusp of something special in the coming years, especially if you can lure Durant to DC (there could be some really interesting storylines with that). Other than that, Denver is in disarray right now so they could make an interesting reclamation project, and Utah is an exciting young team with some potential. New Orleans obviously has Anthony Davis as the next superstar and also could be on the cusp of greatness. The Lakers are still a mess and I know you are a fan but you've already done the Lakers so I don't know if you want to go back (D'Angelo Russell is going to be a beast though!), and the Bucks, T-Wolves, and Magic all have some intriguing pieces too. A lot of directions you could go with the team and I'd be happy with any of them. Whichever team that has the most intriguing roster for you and/or you could craft the most compelling story with is the one you should go with, but these are just my suggestions.

2- Keep it in the forums if only because it's more familiar for you (and for me as a reader and I would assume everyone else)

3- Video-based stuff would be really cool

4- I mean any talented young players and stars in general are fun to watch, so nothing specific here.

The Wizards, interesting. I love their unis, really like Wall and Beal (go Gators!). Durant to DC would be sick ... and would totally serve OKC right to lose him (karma for the Sonics). Like the idea of the Magic, too (I feel like I have unfinished business with them after my only dynasty with them crashed and burned due to a bad save file ... the return of Andy McCutcheon? Hmm.)

What kind of video stuff would you like? Highlights or full games? Something else? I feel like highlights are the best for everyone (they run only a few minutes, show the best players) but there's a significant following for full game plays now, especially with voiceover/commentary. Not sure if I'm youtube star material, lol, I prefer the written word, but the idea intrigues me. Thoughts?

Thanks for the feedback and don't worry -- the story of Boomer Gibson will find its way in 2k16 I think (MyCareer perhaps or a focused MyGM). I still dislike the new Raptors unis, though -- bring back the dinosaurs!
Old 09-20-2015, 01:49 PM   #43
Just started!

Quote:
The Wizards, interesting. I love their unis, really like Wall and Beal (go Gators!). Durant to DC would be sick ... and would totally serve OKC right to lose him (karma for the Sonics). Like the idea of the Magic, too (I feel like I have unfinished business with them after my only dynasty with them crashed and burned due to a bad save file ... the return of Andy McCutcheon? Hmm.)

What kind of video stuff would you like? Highlights or full games? Something else? I feel like highlights are the best for everyone (they run only a few minutes, show the best players) but there's a significant following for full game plays now, especially with voiceover/commentary. Not sure if I'm youtube star material, lol, I prefer the written word, but the idea intrigues me. Thoughts?

Thanks for the feedback and don't worry -- the story of Boomer Gibson will find its way in 2k16 I think (MyCareer perhaps or a focused MyGM). I still dislike the new Raptors unis, though -- bring back the dinosaurs!
I think highlights would be fine, I would totally enjoy full game commentaries too, but only if that's something you feel you can handle and enjoy doing. I think you could kind of combine the commentary thing with written word if instead of commentating live, you record the game and then write a script for yourself, so you could commentate over it and have it sound like real commentary. A good example of this would be MrHurriicanes madden franchise/NCAA Dynasty commentaries (different sport but the same concept). Using a script to sound more professional might make it a little less daunting because live-commentary is very difficult especially at first, and you can rely a little more on your writing ability. I would make sure you have a good sound recording set up if you do full commentaries thought, bad audio is usually the biggest issue with gaming youtubers when they're just starting out.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:05 PM   #44
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxPatfan16xxx
I think highlights would be fine, I would totally enjoy full game commentaries too, but only if that's something you feel you can handle and enjoy doing. I think you could kind of combine the commentary thing with written word if instead of commentating live, you record the game and then write a script for yourself, so you could commentate over it and have it sound like real commentary. A good example of this would be MrHurriicanes madden franchise/NCAA Dynasty commentaries (different sport but the same concept). Using a script to sound more professional might make it a little less daunting because live-commentary is very difficult especially at first, and you can rely a little more on your writing ability. I would make sure you have a good sound recording set up if you do full commentaries thought, bad audio is usually the biggest issue with gaming youtubers when they're just starting out.
Oh, scripts. Yesh. I hate scripts -- I'm much better at improv, but I'm also quite loud ... I'll probably stick with highlights, TBH. I'm more comfortable editing the video and writing the story in a separate post than trying to voice the thing myself at this point. But those were good thoughts, so thank you for them. Maybe in the future I might jump in it, it really does intrigue me but it's ambitious at this point.

I think, down the line (before the IRL trade deadline) I'll revisit the idea. Once I get to know the game better, figure out my rig's strengths and weakness, and test out the capabilities of it all I'll look back into it.

(But there are 13-year old nasally kids who do this and they have a ridiculous number of subscribers and the quality isn't mind-blowing: I'm confident I can do better but that's just a feeling at this point.)
Old 09-20-2015, 02:30 PM   #45
Just started!

Quote:
Oh, scripts. Yesh. I hate scripts -- I'm much better at improv, but I'm also quite loud ... I'll probably stick with highlights, TBH. I'm more comfortable editing the video and writing the story in a separate post than trying to voice the thing myself at this point. But those were good thoughts, so thank you for them. Maybe in the future I might jump in it, it really does intrigue me but it's ambitious at this point.

I think, down the line (before the IRL trade deadline) I'll revisit the idea. Once I get to know the game better, figure out my rig's strengths and weakness, and test out the capabilities of it all I'll look back into it.

(But there are 13-year old nasally kids who do this and they have a ridiculous number of subscribers and the quality isn't mind-blowing: I'm confident I can do better but that's just a feeling at this point.)
Lol true that. Maybe you should do a couple commentaries when you get the game on just quick play games to get your feet wet and see how it goes, not only to practice commentary, but to practice editing for full games (because usually people don't show every play but find ways to cut that still keep the rhythm of the game) too. Whatever you decide I'll be following regardless, just can't wait to see what great story you cook up next!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 08:21 PM   #46
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

I know I should wait for the patch to hit on Tuesday (theoretically Tuesday -- no confirmation so far) but I'm DYING to start this thing. I got a storyline that I just love, and a plan for at least the first few years of this 80 (I SAID 80) year endeavor of MyLeague.

So, tonight/early this morning, I will begin my new dynasty. I'm playing on the PC which means I have infinite rebrandings with everyone -- I'm going to run a complete 30-team league, with relocations/trade approval all done by me and the rest of the tasks left up to the CPU. Since I control all the teams, I can step in there and fix things should they go horribly wrong.

Stay tuned. It's going to be quite a ride.

Last edited by trekfan; 09-26-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:12 PM   #47
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

I vote for the Celtics...they are a bubble playoff team with some nice young pieces and lots of picks
Old 09-29-2015, 05:25 PM   #48
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
I vote for the Celtics...they are a bubble playoff team with some nice young pieces and lots of picks
You live! Dude, been forever since I've seen you around these parts, welcome back!

I did not go with the Celtics (still need to do a dynasty on them -- I want to do one with every team at some point and so far I've completed only ... 1, the Lakers, lol) but I'll get to them eventually, I'm sure.

I went with the Sonics (link in my sig) and they've proven to be fun so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »