Home

Brooklyn Nets 2K15 Franchise

This is a discussion on Brooklyn Nets 2K15 Franchise within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2015, 09:40 PM   #1
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

OVR: 5
Brooklyn Nets 2K15 Franchise

Hello everyone. I had a good franchise going that I was updating, but then the ratings fixes happened and it ruined my franchise. Thus I took this opprotunity to find some good sliders and make myself a competitive franchise.

I will sim the first season, and essentially not allow myself to make any moves until the off season starts. This is essentially making it so that I am taking over the reigns once a new season starts. I will focus more of this franchise around numbers as I prefer them to stories. I hope you enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2015, 09:44 PM   #2
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

Re: Brooklyn Nets 2K15 Franchise

Legends Leave the Game

You know it's the end of an era when two of the greatest to play the game leave us. Both Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant announced their retirements this off-season. Vince Carter, Ray Allen and Steve Nash are other legendary players that have decided to hang them up as well. They all will be missed.

Other retirees:
  • Brendan Haywood
  • Manu Ginobili
  • James Jones
  • Dahntay Jones
  • Matt Bonner
  • Pablo Prigioni

Last edited by JeriousNorwood; 07-13-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:01 PM   #3
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

Nets Looking to Be Active During Draft

We'll be interested in seeing just what the Nets can pull off. It's clear the franchise needs to move forward with a younger core. If Deron Williams and Joe Johnson were to stick around, they would have near no cap flexibility to make any moves whatsoever.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:12 PM   #4
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

We weren't too surprised with either of these moves. Brook Lopez should command more than his $16.77M player option on the open market. He has said that his is willing to return to Brooklyn, but he wants a long term deal. At this point the Nets have to consider him as the cornerstone of the franchise, so we'd have to imagine he will get a very large offer from the nets.

Thaddeus Young was very willing to take his player option. While he had another mediocre year and is still quite athletic, he probably is not worth the $9.72M that the Nets will need to pay him this year.

Also, the team picked up the player option on Cory Jefferson worth $845k.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:09 AM   #5
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

It looks like Lin may finally get the playing time he wanted. Lin becomes the only point guard on the entire roster for the Nets. Brooklyn is looking to try and catch some of that Lin-sanity that swept the nation a few years ago, along with gaining an Asian fan base. Robert Sacre is probably a trading piece at best. He's young but joins a crowded big man group with Lopez and Plumlee. It would be hard for him to find minutes. The nets achieved their main goal... dumping salary.

The Lakers on the other hand find themselves with a lot of cap room now that Kobe has hung up the cleats... I mean shoes. Deron Williams can be the face of the team for a year or two as the transition with younger players. Jarrett Jack will provide nice depth.

The pieces the Nets got in this trade are intriguing. That may be the best way to describe it. Both Nic Stauskas and Derrick Williams were probably both drafted too high. However, they both definitely have talent and are young, so there is still room to grow. These acquisitions certainly will not set the word on fire, but it cuts salary and provides the Nets with some players that could become better.

The Kings got a back up big for Cousins and what they love the most... shooters. Joe Johnson instantly becomes their best shooter and provides some much needed experience and offense outside of DeMarcus Cousins.

This was a move that came out of nowhere. The Bucks traded away Giannis Antetokounmpo, one whom many thought was the centerpiece of their team for the 8th pick overall in this draft and Kyle Korver. The Bucks may feel they are in win now mode if they're giving up a franchise player for Korver. They may also just really like someone in the draft.

What this does do is make the Hawks future look very bright. As stars like Paul Millsap and Al Horford age, they just gained a 20 year old small forward who will only continue to grow and get better. Huge win for the Hawks.

Last edited by JeriousNorwood; 07-15-2015 at 01:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2015, 01:23 AM   #6
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

My Draft

NBA Draft Recap
PickPlayerCollegePosHtWt
1-12Kristaps PorzingisLatviaPF7'0"220
1-23Justin AndersonVirginiaSG6'6"224
1-28Tyus JonesDukePG6'1"190
2-1Keifer SykesWisconsin-Green BayPG5'11"175
2-15Anthony BrownStanfordSF6'7"207
Old 07-15-2015, 01:38 AM   #7
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

To speed things up so I can start playing some, I'm going to skip the twitter feed thing for a little bit.

Signings:
  • Trail Blazers sign LaMarcus Aldridge to 4yr/$79.32M deal
  • Spurs sign Tim Duncan to 1yr/$9.75M deal
  • Spurs sign Kawhi Leonard to 5yr/$74.18M deal
  • Heat sign Dwyane Wade to 3yr/$64.78M deal
  • Bulls sign Jimmy Butler to 4yr/$53.32M deal
  • Nets sign Brook Lopez to 5yr/$81.75M deal
  • Cavaliers sign Kevin Love to 4yr/$53.55M deal
  • Pistons sign Reggie Jackson to 5yr/$40.96M deal
  • Pistons sign Greg Monroe to 4yr/$50.42M deal
  • Nets sign Brandon Knight to 4yr/$55.51M deal
  • Hawks sign Draymond Green to 3yr/$30.60M deal
  • Lakers sign LeBron James to 3yr/$69.89M deal
  • Pelicans sign Hassan Whiteside to 4yr/$47.74M deal'
  • Timberwolves sign Louis Williams to 3yr/$30.46M deal
  • Nets sign Wesley Johnson to 2yr/$8.38M deal
  • Tunder sign Enes Kanter to 3yr/$26.59M deal
  • Pistons sign Marc Gasol to 3yr/$59.84M deal
  • Knicks sign Paul Millsap to 4yr/$57.89M deal
  • Trail Blazers sign Al Jefferson to 4yr/$65.91M deal
  • Kings sign Wesley Matthews to 4yr/$32.93M deal
  • Grizzlies sign Jordan HIll to 4yr/$35.74M deal
  • Celtics sign Robin Lopez to 3yr/$22.58M deal

General Notes:
  • The Lakers got so much better after Kobe's departure. Now with Deron Williams at the point, Julius Randle healthy and... oh yeah... LEBRON JAMES. THis team will go from a laughing stock to instant title contenders. They have also become the most hated team in the league instantly.
  • The Hawks may be the best team in the east now. Not only did they get the Greek Freak in a trade, they also managed to score Draymond Green to replace Paul Millsap. Talk about not losing a step.
  • The Pistons big men. Holy cow. Marc Gasol, Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe. Reggie Jackson has an easy job this year, just pass the ball down low and let these men go to work.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:46 AM   #8
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

Brooklyn Nets Depth Chart - 2016
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
PGJeremy LinTyus JonesKeifer Sykes
SGBrandon KnightNik StauskasBojan BogdanovicJustin Anderson
SFWesley JohnsonThaddeus YoungDerrick Williams
PFMason PlumleeKristaps PorzingisCory Jefferson
CBrook LopezCory Jefferson