Home

BAD BOYS III

This is a discussion on BAD BOYS III within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2015, 04:39 AM   #9
All Star

michaellowll's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: BAD BOYS III

Detroit Pistons Sign First-Round Pick Stanley Johnson

LINK
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – The Detroit Pistons announced today that the team has signed first-round pick Stanley Johnson to a contract. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Johnson, the eighth overall pick by the Pistons in the 2015 NBA Draft, averaged a team-high 16.2 points, 6.8 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 1.8 steals and 1.0 blocks while shooting 57.7% from the field at the recently concluded NBA Orlando Summer League.

A native of Los Angeles, Calif., the 6-foot-7 forward from the University of Arizona, averaged a team-high 13.8 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 1.5 steals and 28.4 minutes in 38 games. The 2015 Pac-12 Freshman of the Year was the lone freshman named to the All-Pac-12 or NABC All-District 20 First team. He was also named to the Pac-12 Tournament All-Tournament Team and was one of five finalists for the inaugural Julius Erving Small Forward of the Year Award. Johnson led all freshmen in the Pac-12 in scoring (13.8 ppg), steals (1.5 spg), free throws made and free throw attempts and was one of just two freshmen in major college basketball conferences to average at least 13.5 points and 6.0 rebounds (Jahlil Okafor). He scored in double-figures in 30 of 38 games and ranked second on the team in rebounds and steals.

Johnson has won three gold medals with Team USA, (2011 U-16, 2012 U-17, 2014 U-18 FIBA Americas Championships) earning MVP honors in the 2014 U-18 FIBA Americas Championships after averaging team-highs of 14.0 points and 2.2 steals. At Mater Dei High School, Johnson became the first player in California to win four-straight upper-division state titles. He participated in the 2014 Jordan Classic, the 2013 Under Armour Elite 24 Games and the 2013 Nike Global Games. Johnson was named a McDonalds All-American, MaxPreps National Player of the Year, a Parade All-American, was named to the USA Today All-USA first team and was one of three national finalists for the Naismith Trophy High Schools Player of the Year.

For in-depth analysis by website editor Keith Langlois and special inside-access videos, visit www.pistons.com, the official source for news and features on the Detroit Pistons.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:39 AM   #10
All Star

michaellowll's Arena

Adonis Thomas Signs With Pistons

The Detroit Pistons signed Adonis Thomas to a contract, the team announced.

Thomas played for the Pistons' summer league team in Orlando.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:47 AM   #11
All Star

michaellowll's Arena

Brandon Jennings Okay Coming Off Bench
AUG 27, 2015 12:53 PM

Brandon Jennings was in favor of the Detroit Pistons re-signing Reggie Jackson this offseason despite the fact they play the same position.

"Bringing in Reggie Jackson was smart," Jennings said. "I'm supposed to be out, really, for nine months, and they need a point guard. ...

"My main thing is just to get healthy. Hey, if I have to come off the bench and be the sixth man or whatever, I'm fine with that. Man, I just want to play basketball again. I just want to get back on the court and have fun."

Jennings made his comments on "The Point Game Podcast," hosted by the Comcast SportsNet's Jabari Young and Vincent Goodwill.

Even as he's been physically limited in preparing his game for a comeback, he's also been getting mentally ready.

"I actually had time to sit back, and I really started studying other players' games," Jennings said. "I got this highlight tape on Kenny Anderson, Tim Hardaway, and I've been studying a lot on James Harden lately, how he just gets to the free throw line easily."

STEVE SCHRADER/DETROIT FREE PRESS

TAGS: BRANDON JENNINGS, DETROIT PISTONS, NBA, NBA MISC RUMOR, NBA B-BALL IQ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 05:01 AM   #12
All Star

michaellowll's Arena

Pistons To Sign Eric Griffin On Camp Deal
SEP 2, 2015 1:46 AM

The Detroit Pistons will sign free agent forward Eric Griffin to a training camp contract, a league source told RealGM.

Griffin, an athletic 6-foot-8 forward, signed a three-year deal with the Dallas Mavericks last offseason before spending the year with Texas in the D-League. He averaged 19 points and 6.6 rebounds in 49 games for the Legends.

Griffin played for the Los Angeles Clippers and Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA summer leagues in July.

SHAMS CHARANIA/REALGM

TAGS: ERIC GRIFFIN, DETROIT PISTONS, NBA, NBA SIGNING RUMOR, NBA MISC RUMOR
Old 09-22-2015, 04:30 AM   #13
All Star

michaellowll's Arena

Jordan Bachynski Agrees To Non-Guaranteed Camp Deal With Pistons
SEP 16, 2015 1:48 PM

Jordan Bachynski of Arizona State has agreed upon a non-guaranteed contract with the Detroit Pistons.

Bachynski is a 7-2 center out of Arizona State.

SHAMS CHARANIA/YAHOO! SPORTS

TAGS: JORDAN BACHYNSKI, DETROIT PISTONS, NBA, NBA SIGNING RUMOR, NBA MISC RUMOR
Old 09-22-2015, 04:31 AM   #14
All Star

michaellowll's Arena

Brandon Jennings 'Not Close' To Being Cleared For Return
SEP 21, 2015 1:43 PM

The Detroit Pistons will sign free agent forward Eric Griffin to a training camp contract, a league source told RealGM.

Brandon Jennings is working back from his Achilles injury, but he is "not close" to being cleared.

Jennings is currently shooting and running on a treadmill at 60 percent of his body weight, but the Detroit Pistons need to be able to see him run, cut and shoot off of one leg before he's cleared to even begin non-contact drills on court.

The Detroit Pistons also re-signed Reggie Jackson this offseason.

DAVID ALDRIDGE/NBA.COM

TAGS: BRANDON JENNINGS, DETROIT PISTONS, NBA, NBA INJURY
Old 09-23-2015, 04:30 AM   #15
All Star

michaellowll's Arena

Darrun Hilliard Undergoes Surgery For Broken Nose
SEP 22, 2015 7:07 PM

Darrun Hilliard underwent surgery to repair a broken nose suffered while playing pick-up basketball last week. The surgery was performed by Dr. Mike Rontal of Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI Campus. Hilliard will be fitted with a mask for the next three weeks and will continue all basketball-related activities.

Hilliard, 6-6, 205, was drafted 38th overall by the Detroit Pistons in the 2015 NBA Draft from Villanova University.

REALGM STAFF REPORT

TAGS: DARRUN HILLIARD, DETROIT PISTONS, NBA, NBA INJURY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 08:30 AM   #16
All Star

michaellowll's Arena

Brandon Jennings Still Has No Timetable For Return
SEP 28, 2015 12:55 PM

Brandon Jennings has been cleared by doctors to continue a steady progression of basketball related rehabilitation activities geared towards a return to the basketball court. That progression will consist of strength work, conditioning and cardiovascular exercises, basketball related activities and finally a return to team practices and full-contact related drills.

No timetable has been established for his return and we will continue to provide updates as appropriate.

Jennings suffered a ruptured left Achilles tendon during the January 24 contest at Milwaukee and missed the remainder of last season.

REALGM STAFF REPORT

TAGS: BRANDON JENNINGS, DETROIT PISTONS, NBA, NBA INJURY

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »