Home

Second Coming: A SuperSonics Return

This is a discussion on Second Coming: A SuperSonics Return within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2016, 09:27 AM   #705
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Second Coming: A SuperSonics Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSideNZ
Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but I don't feel like okc ever closes the gap. I think your sonics definitely have the upper hand for the foreseeable future. Another solid win for the team it seems that they can quite happily coast along before flicking on the switch and imposing their will.

The choklahoma Thunder, oh boy. Lance got jokes! But you can feel like that breezing through the season, even more so when you just handed them another L. Clay must be absolutely livid at this point.
^Oh yeah, Clay IS livid. Working on a follow-up post with him now -- he's MAD.

And those jokes, they made me laugh when I thought of them, so they're there. Lance, IRL, is always good for a fun quote, so I wanted to give him that. Might make him a regular quote for the recaps, just for kicks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2016, 09:30 AM   #706
MVP

BlindSideNZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
^Oh yeah, Clay IS livid. Working on a follow-up post with him now -- he's MAD.

And those jokes, they made me laugh when I thought of them, so they're there. Lance, IRL, is always good for a fun quote, so I wanted to give him that. Might make him a regular quote for the recaps, just for kicks.
It would be rude not to read Clay's inability to come to terms with getting his *ss handed to him time and time again lol.

Oh lance is definitely a character lol. I've never been a fan of his game personally but always enjoyed the crazy things that come out of his mouth so I definitely approve of a recaps with lance section.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:57 AM   #707
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

February 28th, 2018

"End him." His fist collided with the table in the luxury suite and the two other people in the room with him -- Victoria and his GM, Sam Presti -- could only watch. He could only watch. They were going to lose the season series, that was a given, but to lose like this, with fans streaming out of the building with an entire quarter of the game left?

"I want you to end him." Clay Bennett eyed Victoria, his look one of pure disdain. "I want you to release what we have. I want you to make Newman bleed."

Victoria, pretty as she was, wasn't as cuthroat as he. She wasn't that type of person, but few people were in the world -- the realm of business necessitated a certain attitude. One had to be willing to take big risks and make ballsy, bold moves. He was more than willing to do that on a regular basis.

But he had played it too safe since Seattle came back into the NBA. He had believed that the league was beyond that backwater city in that depressing state; the NBA had moved into the future and they were firmly in the past, stuck with the bones of the overpriced Nets and without a single valuable asset.

Newman had turned them into champions. Back-to-back champions. And he went through his team to do it both years.

"Clay --"

"Do it," he insisted, his tone leaving no room for debate. "I want it out there by lunch tomorrow, understand?"

She looked frightened, but she nodded. "I'll get right on it." She quietly excused herself.

Sam took off his glasses, cleaning them. "I don't think it's wise."

"To hell with wisdom." He grabbed his glass of brandy off the table, some of it spilling onto the carpet below in the process. He shotgunned it and dropped the glass back down without a thought. "We need to sign someone. Someone to get us over the edge."

Sam calmly placed his glasses back on. "We need help at the three -- "

"Grab JR Smith and sign him." Clay turned around, staring out into the empty arena. "And when you do, you tell that son of a *itch that if he screws up like he has in the past, I will keep him out of the NBA until he's 90."

Silence for a moment. "I'll paraphrase that," Sam said eventually, his tone measured. "He might help."

"He will help." Clay turned to face his GM, his eyes smoldering. "God as my witness, this is the last time we lose to that team. You hear me?"

Sam gave a slight nod. "I'll draw up the paper work." He exited the suite, leaving Clay alone.

Clay only turned back to the arena, the empty seats staring back at him.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:02 AM   #708
MVP

BlindSideNZ's Arena

Clay I think you need to see somebody about those anger issues. Can't be doing the blood pressure any good at all. Definitely clouding his judgement too. Jr swish is not the kind of guy who's going to beat the sonics.

I'm almost a little frightened to find out what it is that they have on max! Great twist for sure.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:40 AM   #709
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

March 1st, 2018

"Where is he?" Max, fresh from bursting inside the house, jacket still soaked from the rain, couldn't believe he was living this day. He couldn't believe what he saw on the Internet, in the papers ... it wasn't true. It couldn't be true.

Laura, eyes red, only pointed back towards their bedroom. "Max, please --"

Whatever else she was going to say was lost as he rushed past her, water dripping down his jacket, all over the floor, his shoes squeaking as he approached. With every step his chest grew tighter, his fists clenched harder, his face felt hotter -- and all the while, in the back of his mind, a voice told him he should have known.

He should have known.

The door was slightly ajar, but he treated it like it was closed and he kicked it open, the door slamming against the jam, smashing it. "You *ucking *astard!"

Gil didn't even look back at him. Sitting on the side of his bed that looked out the window, his iPad was beside him, on, the headline splayed across it.

The silence only enraged Max more. He rushed Gill and came within seconds of decking him. Fists shaking, he forced himself to speak. "You lying SOB."

Gill's eyes were firmly on the floor. "I never lied about it," he mumbled.

"You never *ucking told me! Told anyone!" Max grabbed the iPad and flipped it around, throwing the headline in his brother's face. "You paralyzed a kid! You *ucking plowed into him and you don't even bother to apologize?!"

Gill tensed. "It was 15 years ago. It wasn't my fault."

"The cops *ucked up the evidence and you got off on a technicality. You escaped prison because of a *ucking screwup!"

Gill only shook his head.

Max could only stare. This was his brother? This was the man he had spent the last two years getting to know again?

Max tossed the iPad against the wall, the tech breaking into bits loudly. "You didn't change. You're no different than you were before."

Gill looked up at him, eyes teary. "I am different. I was an addict then. I was in a bad way. I'm clean now. I've been clean --"

And that's when Max's fist smashed into his brother's face, the collision satisfying. A little blood sprayed into the air as Gill's nose audibly broke and the older brother fell back onto the bed, hands covering his face.

Max's fist throbbed as tears leaked from his eyes. "No more, Gill. No more excuses, no more reasons, no more stories -- No. *ucking. More. You're no different. You hid this from me, from everyone, and you let a kid sit there for 15 *ucking years paralyzed, from the chest down, because of your bull*hit."

Gill propped himself up on an elbow, blood streaming from his nose. "I made a mistake!"

"You're still making one!" Max shook his head, unwilling to hear anymore. "We're done. You're done with me, you hear? I don't know you. I don't hear you. I don't *ucking care anymore." He began to leave the room.

Gill's hand fell on his shoulder and it turned him around. "I did the best I could!"

Max shrugged him off, stepping back, fists clenched. "You should have told me. You should have told the mother of your child. But for Christ's sake, you should have told the kid you were sorry." He stood there, the taste of the words vile in his mouth. "How could you do that to another human being?"

Tears streamed openly down his brother's face. "I couldn't ... I couldn't, don't you get that? You don't think I'd take it back?"

Max shook his head. "I don't think I know anything about you. Except that I can't trust you." He took another step back. "Laura and Teddy are coming with me. And you ... you just stay away."

With that, he turned around and rushed back into the living room, Laura's face tear-stained and her eyes still shedding them. He took her shoulders and gave them a light squeeze. "Come on."

She only nodded.

The two left the house, not another word spoken. Teddy would get out of school in a few hours and Max would send someone to get him. He couldn't trust his brother anymore.

Whatever that man was, he hadn't changed.

Nothing had changed.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:46 PM   #710
MVP

BlindSideNZ's Arena

Well that certainly escalated. The question is whether it's going to throw max off his game or whether it will backfire on clay and push the sonics to new heights!
Old 03-02-2016, 07:51 PM   #711
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Off topic (but kinda on topic), the City of Seattle, in real life, is a little over a week away from making a huge decision about a possible future arena in Seattle. If you feel so inclined, I ask you to go to this link here:

http://www.sonicsarena.com/petition

And sign the petition, making your voice heard. If this vote (which takes place on March 15th in Seattle -- it's open to the public, so if you know anyone who can go there and would like to go, do encourage them) goes in favor of the arena, it marks a MASSIVE hurdle cleared and makes a potential Sonics return IRL a viable possibility (as opposed to just the hope it is now). Were I not on the East Coast and could I afford to take off work and go to Seattle, I would -- the Sonics relocation was an utter travesty and I haven't met any fan (outside of OKC anyway) that disagrees with that.

But, like I said, it's up to you guys.

Thank you for your time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 08:15 PM   #712
MVP

BlindSideNZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Off topic (but kinda on topic), the City of Seattle, in real life, is a little over a week away from making a huge decision about a possible future arena in Seattle. If you feel so inclined, I ask you to go to this link here:

http://www.sonicsarena.com/petition

And sign the petition, making your voice heard. If this vote (which takes place on March 15th in Seattle -- it's open to the public, so if you know anyone who can go there and would like to go, do encourage them) goes in favor of the arena, it marks a MASSIVE hurdle cleared and makes a potential Sonics return IRL a viable possibility (as opposed to just the hope it is now). Were I not on the East Coast and could I afford to take off work and go to Seattle, I would -- the Sonics relocation was an utter travesty and I haven't met any fan (outside of OKC anyway) that disagrees with that.

But, like I said, it's up to you guys.

Thank you for your time.
Not sure how much a signature from New Zealand is going to help but as a basketball fan I'Ve signed it. Shared it to Twitter also.

All the best Seattle

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »