Home

Second Coming: A SuperSonics Return

This is a discussion on Second Coming: A SuperSonics Return within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2016, 08:19 PM   #753
Pro

Themayorofawsometown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Second Coming: A SuperSonics Return

The home uniforms are nice

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk
Miami Heat
Old 03-26-2016, 08:31 PM   #754
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
I love those whites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themayorofawsometown
The home uniforms are nice

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

I was pretty proud of them, yeah. So, looks like I got a winner on the homes. The road blues don't seem to be doing it, though (and I get that, it's SOOOOOO overdone in the Knicks history -- like, 2/3rds of their alternate uniforms are a slight variation of the road blue concepts).

I do have an alternate concept I've been fooling around with featuring the underused subway token logo.

Let me mess around with that.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:31 PM   #755
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Two attempts here. We have this one:

I moved the number to the shorts (as I just didn't like it crowding the chest with the logo). This is the subway token logo the Knicks used sparingly (mostly in very small places) in the mid-to-late 90s through the early 2000s. I just replaced the black with orange, than the orange with white.

It reminds me, however, far too much of the New York Islanders hockey team, which hasn't won anything ... ever? I can't remember them winning anything. I only remember them sucking.

But that led to the second unit here, which I like much better:

I made the NYK part of the subway logo 3D (by accident, honest), but loved it so much I stuck with it. Might lower the placement of the chest logo (it's close to the collar) but I really like this one much better than my previous two attempts.

What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2016, 09:38 PM   #756
Pro

I like both, but I think the subway one is more of a modern look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2016, 10:16 PM   #757
MVP

BlindSideNZ's Arena

I definitely like the last version you posted for the away. Big and bold are two things that the Knicks should definitely do. It is amazing for a city like that to possibly have the blandest uniforms in the NBA. So this is definitely very fitting.

Just as an extra, I noticed after rebranding multiple teams that when you try and play against a team that is rebranded the loading times become ridiculous and my game ultimately crashes trying to load and I can't actually get a game to load featuring 2 rebranded teams. Is that something you've noticed also or am I just unlucky?
Old 03-26-2016, 10:33 PM   #758
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSideNZ
I definitely like the last version you posted for the away. Big and bold are two things that the Knicks should definitely do. It is amazing for a city like that to possibly have the blandest uniforms in the NBA. So this is definitely very fitting.

Just as an extra, I noticed after rebranding multiple teams that when you try and play against a team that is rebranded the loading times become ridiculous and my game ultimately crashes trying to load and I can't actually get a game to load featuring 2 rebranded teams. Is that something you've noticed also or am I just unlucky?
The last one is definitely my favorite. That big NYK (and the lack of a number, which may not be kosher for the NBA but I stuck one on the shorts, they can suck it up) is fun. I'll probably use it, but I'm open to other suggestions.

The load times are definitely slower on my end between rebranded squads -- like, easily twice as long. It gets done about 3/4ths of the way through the pregame, but I've never had it crash -- admittedly, I'm on PC, so I have that going for me, but it wouldn't surprise me if it crashes on an image heavy one -- usually I end up doing rebrands with only two layers (a primary and a secondary logo), but I bet if I used more than that things would get dicey.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:47 PM   #759
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Last one is legit.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:50 PM   #760
MVP

BlindSideNZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
The last one is definitely my favorite. That big NYK (and the lack of a number, which may not be kosher for the NBA but I stuck one on the shorts, they can suck it up) is fun. I'll probably use it, but I'm open to other suggestions.

The load times are definitely slower on my end between rebranded squads -- like, easily twice as long. It gets done about 3/4ths of the way through the pregame, but I've never had it crash -- admittedly, I'm on PC, so I have that going for me, but it wouldn't surprise me if it crashes on an image heavy one -- usually I end up doing rebrands with only two layers (a primary and a secondary logo), but I bet if I used more than that things would get dicey.
Eh I don't think having a number on the jersey is too big a deal. Teams are always pushing the letter. Some teams are ditching the lettering and just opting for logos. Actually does golden state have a number on the sleeved slate alternates?

Perhaps I'll try that theory out actually. Hoping there's a solution otherwise I might just have to leave rebranding alone all together unfortunately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »