Home

Boston Celtics - The Ultimate Return to Glory (NBA 2K16 Dynasty)

This is a discussion on Boston Celtics - The Ultimate Return to Glory (NBA 2K16 Dynasty) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 03:21 PM   #25
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Boston Celtics - The Ultimate Return to Glory (NBA 2K16 Dynasty)

October 1, 2015

Houston Rockets Inquire about David Lee

David Aldridge
Turner Sports

The Celtics have been the talk of the league last 48 hours, and Danny Ainge's phone continues to blow up regarding the availability of David Lee.

One team I can 100% confirm is the Houston Rockets.

Lee, in his last year of his initial 6yr/$80 mil deal he signed with the Knicks summer of 2009, is a valuable asset to the Celtics as the trading deadline approaches. Although Lee was derailed by injuries last year, his "team first" approach helped Golden State win the NBA Championship last season, and instantly put him in good graces with all GMs around the league.

Since Boston gave up enough valuable assets to lure Chicago to trade Taj Gibson (Bulls selecting Bobby Portis in this year's draft made Gibson expendable), it is safe to assume Gibson is the power forward of the future in Boston going forward.

That still leaves the talented (yet oft-injured and out of shape) Jared Sullinger, Jonas Jerebko and Kelly Olynyk fighting for minutes.

Where does this leave David Lee? Possibly in a Rockets Uniform, where he can revitalize his career?

We will see.

But for now, sources tell me Ainge is hesitant to make any more frontcourt moves after trading Amir Johnson to New Orleans. Injuries are a given during the season, and Ainge wants the depth Lee's presence on the roster guarantees coach Brad Stevens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 03:41 PM   #26
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
Nice moves so far. Although, not sure I agree with Dealing Smart. We will have to see how they pan out once you start playing.
Thanks for the response!

Let me explain in detail.

The "fight" that occurred (see page 2), someone had to go.

But seriously, using the practice mode and running plays and different line-ups for a few days, Rozier is superior already. He's a monster!

And again, after the fight, someone had to go.

Trading Smart was a no-brainer, given my system. I get more out of Avery playing PG part-time in certain situations than I would get out of smart as a full time starter.

Smart is great at perimeter defense, but his shot (even free throw shooting) and finishing layups when contested is shaky as hell. It's irritating for a PG (in my world) to be a terrible free throw shooter, and with Avery, Smart was expendable.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:37 PM   #27
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes of hazel
Thanks for the response!

Let me explain in detail.

The "fight" that occurred (see page 2), someone had to go.

But seriously, using the practice mode and running plays and different line-ups for a few days, Rozier is superior already. He's a monster!

And again, after the fight, someone had to go.

Trading Smart was a no-brainer, given my system. I get more out of Avery playing PG part-time in certain situations than I would get out of smart as a full time starter.

Smart is great at perimeter defense, but his shot (even free throw shooting) and finishing layups when contested is shaky as hell. It's irritating for a PG (in my world) to be a terrible free throw shooter, and with Avery, Smart was expendable.
I hear you, man. There are certain players I just can't play with no matter how talented they might be (here's looking at you, Jameer Nelson). I like the roster you got here -- interested to see where (if) Lee goes. You are a bit thin up front ... could we see a free agency dip soon?
Old 10-01-2015, 09:40 PM   #28
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

Boston Celtics NBA 2K16 Training Camp Roster
#NAMEPOSAGEHTWTSALARY
40Harrison BarnesSF266'8"2101 YR/$3.87M
11Eric GordonSG266'4"2151 YR/$15.51M
7Jared SullingerPF236'9"2601 YR/$2.27M
42David LeePF326'9"2401 YR/$15.49M
20Taj GibsonPF/C306'9"2252 YRS/$17.45M
44Tyler ZellerC257'0"2501 YR/$2.62M
41Kelly OlynykC/PF247'0"2381 YR/$2.17M
26Andre MillerPG396'2"2001 YR/$947K
5Shelvin MackPG256'3"2071 YR/$2.43M
8Jonas JerebkoPF/SF286'10"2311 YR/$5M
12Terry Rozier (rookie)PG246'2"1902 YR/$3.73M
13Damjan RudezSF296'10"2001 YR/$1.15M
9James YoungSG206'6"2131 YR/$1.75M
28R.J. Hunter (rookie)SG226'6"1852 YR/$2.35M

*Avery Bradley is on roster. Missing unintentionally.
*Greg Oden (C), Chris Singleton (SF), Glen Rice, Jr. (SF) signed to non-guaranteed training camp contacts

Last edited by eyes of hazel; 10-02-2015 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:14 AM   #29
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

What are you doing to my Celtics?!??

Just kidding, although I do think that the Warriors made out like bandits in the first trade. I know from going to plenty of Pelicans games that the fans here have a love/hate thing with Gordon... basically they hated him before he came back from injury last season, but after he started shooting so well they finally started showing him some love. I think most people here would still like that trade though.

As for the Smart trade I don't know if I would have done it, but it makes sense for a couple of reasons. 1) For team morale because of the rift with Rozier 2) The team is already pretty deep so someone had to go 3) You get two really good assets with the draft picks, so you can contend and continue to have a bright future.

Awesome thread so far. I'm interested to see how things go for you once the seasons starts. I will be following.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-02-2015, 01:42 PM   #30
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

"Thanks to all of you for coming. I know there are a ton of questions to address after the last few days, so I'm here for you guys. And let me add, for the next 48 hours, any and all questions posted by OS members in this thread will be answered by me as well. Yes, Jon?"

Jon Rhoades, Boston Globe: Did this organization give up too much to acquire Harrison Barnes?

Brad Stevens: Please understand, Barnes is OUR guy. Barnes is the centerpiece of the future here in Boston. He's a player we have targeted since the day after I was hired. This is HUGE for us going forward. You are not gonna get value in a transaction if you're not willing to GIVE UP value. I personally wish Turner and Crowder the best, and as long as the picks we gave up isn't the #1 overall in any upcoming draft for Golden State, we are happy with the deal. Ecstatic quite honestly.

--------------------------

Samantha Smith, Boston Globe: Sources have confirmed Eric Gordon is not happy about the trade, particularly after the summer him and new Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry had forming a relationship. Would you like to comment, especially given that your favorite player Isaiah Thomas was traded in the deal?

Brad Stevens: I will comment by saying Eric is now a Celtic. Eric is a guy I have highly coveted to be on this team, much like Barnes. And I will do my due diligence to ensure Eric is aware of how wanted his services are with this organization. Everyone here is ultra excited to have him here. Isaiah will go down as one of the best players and leaders I had a privileged of coaching.

Herbert Madison, Boston Globe: How much value has been placed on Terry Rozier?

Brad Stevens: Herb, you are familiar with all the transactions we have made. We've cleaned house for Rozier. As long as he continues to progress and impress us daily, he will be the starting point guard on opening night. He has opened eyes around here. We are convinced we got the steal in the draft.

Stephen A. Smith, ESPN: Speaking of drafts... Let's cut to the chase, Coach! Does this organization regret who they drafted with the 6th overall pick in last year's draft?

Brad Stevens: Hey Stephen A. Boston Celtics must be headline news to see you here! You are referring to Marcus (Smart), and the answer to your question is simply, "No." We were fortunate to draft the player who was at the top of our draft board last year. Marcus worked hard for us and did a great job last year. I'm sure he will be very good in Atlanta.

Jim Herd, Boston.com: Is David Lee the next to go?

Brad Stevens: David Lee is a Celtic. He's a key piece in our success going forward. We are looking forward to him being a team leader this year on and off the court.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:57 PM   #31
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

"Coach, what are you plans as far as the rotation goes? You have quite a few big men on the team and I'm sure they're all going to want some minutes."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #32
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
"Coach, what are you plans as far as the rotation goes? You have quite a few big men on the team and I'm sure they're all going to want some minutes."
Make sure Kelly O plays. I am Canadian so a homer but in my franchise him and IT pick and pop is amazing. Kelly is money from top of key

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »