Home

Boston Celtics - The Ultimate Return to Glory (NBA 2K16 Dynasty)

This is a discussion on Boston Celtics - The Ultimate Return to Glory (NBA 2K16 Dynasty) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2015, 11:08 AM   #49
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Boston Celtics - The Ultimate Return to Glory (NBA 2K16 Dynasty)

October 5, 2015

Old 10-05-2015, 11:18 AM   #50
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

October 5, 2015

Old 10-05-2015, 11:35 AM   #51
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes of hazel
October 5, 2015

Nice signing. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get Zeller many mins (10 per game on 10 min Q's). Amir has been a beast rebounder and presence and has taken oven my starting C position and Kelly O has turned into a top scoring option off the bench. I also play Lee and Sully together a lot. I might have to trade him or make a move later in the year to grab a top tier player. I am looking at Demarcus Cousins. Anyway, can't wait to see you start the year! Good Luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #52
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

October 5, 2015

Celtics Win Big by Signing Zeller to Cheap Extension

by Stephen A. Smith
ESPN

With the new TV deal sealed, every NBA free agent-to-be knows that the money train is here. Timing is everything, and players and their agents are on high alert -- IT. IS. TIME. TO. GET. P-A-I-D!

Mo' MONEY! Mo' MONEY! Mo' MONEY!

No disrespect to my man Reggie Jackson, who is a baller, but him having identical contracts to John Wall is a travesty! And you now have Tristian Thompson looking for the same money LaMarcus Aldridge is now making with the Spurs?

Reeeeeeeaaaaaalllllly? Reeeeeeeaaaaaalllllly?

Again, timing is everything. Which brings me to my next point after my main man Ric Bucher revealed this news:

We are faced with times in which John Henson, Tyler Zeller's former UNC teammate, is in negotiations with the Milwaukee Bucks for a three-year, $45 million extension. If you do the math here, Tyler re-signed for peanuts in comparsion.

In this era of the NBA where the high screen-and-roll is one of the most important elements to a team's success, Zeller is a premium player. He sets strong screens, consistently. He makes up to a 17 foot jumper, consistently. He rebounds and defends, consistently. HE MAKES FREE THROWS PEOPLE, CONSISTENTLY. He is the ultimate teammate, team player, and always even-keeled on and off the court.

You see the trend here? Good. So, you get my point. Tyler Zeller is NO slouch. And the Celtics came out like fat rats in this deal, given how important Zeller is to coach Brad Steven's system going forward.

It is no surprise to me that after coach Stevens announced Zeller as his starting C this season, Zeller reportedly signed the contract minutes later.

Locking up Zeller may be the final piece to getting Harrison Barnes, another former Tar Heel teammate, to commit long term to the Celtics. Not saying that was ever in danger, but this deal is extra white stuff on the top of that lemon meringue pie!

The Celts are looking good for the 2015-16 NBA season people, and beyond.

The rest of the Eastern Conference better take notice.

Last edited by eyes of hazel; 10-05-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:13 PM   #53
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

I think Stephen A. may need to chill out a little. Zeller is above average and young enough that, theoretically, he could improve a little, but he's pretty much worth exactly what the C's paid him. I get that the real life demands he be paid more, but the game and I agree that some of these guys getting this insane money is crazy.

Good move by the Celtics, but not one that should send fear into their opponents, IMO.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:15 PM   #54
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
Nice signing. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get Zeller many mins (10 per game on 10 min Q's). Amir has been a beast rebounder and presence and has taken oven my starting C position and Kelly O has turned into a top scoring option off the bench. I also play Lee and Sully together a lot. I might have to trade him or make a move later in the year to grab a top tier player. I am looking at Demarcus Cousins. Anyway, can't wait to see you start the year! Good Luck!
That's what I love most about coming up here -- seeing the different moves and philosophies behind the moves, and what works and what fails.

With that log jam at PF, I valued getting Eric Gordon from 'Nola while James Young (who can shoot) and R.J. Hunter (who can REALLY shoot) still develop.

Even if I only have Gordon for a year, so what. That's the same amount of time I probably would have had Amir, but my needs are more fulfilled with team chemistry and team need.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:18 PM   #55
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
I think Stephen A. may need to chill out a little.

When is that never NOT the case?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 12:31 PM   #56
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

When is that never NOT the case?
Truth. His and Skip's overreactions are the only reason anyone watches First Take.

What's your plan for FAs and stuff in the future? The game puts way too much stock in the overall to determine contract values and will give you deals on just about anyone rated under a 90; are you going to just toss money at them like they'll do IRL, or agree to their underwhelming demands?

Not sure what I'm going to do myself. I think I'm going to just do a middle ground and say everyone will get 9M at least if they're under 30 and still in their prime.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »