Home

Boston Celtics - The Ultimate Return to Glory (NBA 2K16 Dynasty)

This is a discussion on Boston Celtics - The Ultimate Return to Glory (NBA 2K16 Dynasty) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2015, 12:37 PM   #57
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Boston Celtics - The Ultimate Return to Glory (NBA 2K16 Dynasty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
What's your plan for FAs and stuff in the future? The game puts way too much stock in the overall to determine contract values and will give you deals on just about anyone rated under a 90; are you going to just toss money at them like they'll do IRL, or agree to their underwhelming demands? .
Personally, I'm manually editing deals and extensions as I see fit.

Example -- There is no way Drummond of the Pistons doesn't get a max 3-year deal. In the season, if he signs for under $60 mil in a 3 year extension, I will edit it accordingly.

I'm interested to see how it changes things the intelligence within the game.

Honestly, Zeller would have taken 4.5 mil a year over 3 years, but I bumped it up to make it more realistic.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:03 PM   #58
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

October 5, 2015

Eric Gordon Confirms Unhappiness, Wants Out of Boston
by Ric Bucher
ESPN Correspondent

With history as a reference, one must ask -- Will Eric Gordon EVER be happy in the NBA?

Before being a key piece in the deal that sent Chris Paul to the L.A. Clippers, Gordon had issues with how Clippers management monitored his injuries and butted heads with teammates.

In New Orleans, while again battling numerous injuries, he stayed caught up in a love/hate fest with local fans and stayed in and out of coach Monty Williams' doghouse. He came off the bench during the majority of his tenure for the Pelicans.

Now -- as a Boston Celtic in the last year of a contract that will pay him over $15 million this season -- Gordon is reportedly upset and took to Twitter this afternoon:

Is this simply about Gordon wanting to experience being a free agent, as opposed to always being shopped?

Or is this more about Brad Stevens' public announcement today, placing Boston fan favorite Avery Bradley ahead of Gordon on the team's depth chart with the season starting next week?

Either way, Danny Ainge is no stranger to moving personnel. And with Gordon's play and health this season being his ticket to big money this summer, he needs to be strategic in his public moves going forward.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:42 AM   #59
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Fun read man.

Are you going to be playing every single game?

I was thinking of a way to keep the 82 game season but there's no way I can play all of those games.

I think I'm going to play 3 games, sim 5 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 10-06-2015, 02:53 AM   #60
Pro

asvpxhughuet's Arena

OVR: 0

Are you using MyGM or MyLEAGUE?
Old 10-06-2015, 08:47 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

At this point better of get rid of Gordon. He knows he is not a superstar and if he begins to behave like a spoiled child ...Boston may not be the place for him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 10:44 AM   #62
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNaStY JOSH
Fun read man.

Are you going to be playing every single game?

I was thinking of a way to keep the 82 game season but there's no way I can play all of those games.

I think I'm going to play 3 games, sim 5 games.
Thanks for reading and the support, sincerely. I'm so anxious I'm gonna fast forward and start playing late this week. Can't wait.

I'm doing MyLeague. Playing all 58 games/season. I simply hate simulating in these situations, but 28 games is not enough of a sample size even for the ASG. And like you said, playing all 82 is just insane. I did it last year with MyGM and was burnt out with that one team (Hawks) before the playoffs started!

I wish the MyGM would do less than 82 -- I miss the interactive stuff with the other GMs and the owner that MyLeague lacks.

Last edited by eyes of hazel; 10-06-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:31 PM   #63
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

Preview: 2015-16 Boston Celtics

Before the season opener at home against the Philadelphia 76ers, our staff goes into a war room to debate and finalize agreed predictions for the Boston Celtics this season. Some findings may be a surprise...

Regular Season Record: 34-24, .586 winning percentage, 4th Overall in Eastern Conference
This team is so young -- the starting rookie PG is a year older than two starting vets -- so its a stretch to predict this team to win the Atlantic Division over the Raptors. But we believe they will be 2nd, landing them a surprising 4th seed in the NBA Playoffs.

Most Likely to ASG: Harrison Barnes
This was the only no-brainer that prompted no debate. Barnes' experience last year will elevate him to superstar status in Boston this season. We expect him to average no less than 20 PPG, but his passing and defensive IQ has surprised us most evaluating him during training camp.

Most Likely Surprise: Jared Sullinger
Sullinger came to camp in the best shape of his career, and beat out both Taj Gibson and David Lee to be named starting PF. The announcement shocked most experts around the league, but he's worked his tail off entire training camp and earned the spot. Inside info here -- Sullinger has been shooting the lights out of the gym from 3 point range in training camp, particularly at the top of the key. Expect a career year, as he plays for a contract extension.

Most Likely Disappointment: R.J. Hunter
Kill us with hate mail if you wish, but there is a learning curve for Mr. Popular. Keep in mind he only shot 39% from the field (only 31% from three) at his final junior year at Georgia State. And there is a second year player from Kentucky -- James Young -- who has shown great strides from last year and will be stealing minutes off the bench.

Biggest Strength: Youth, Coaching and Schemes
Coach Brad Stevens has his system and the players he desired in place. Lots of motion, pick-n-pop, and high screen-n-roll will be utilized no matter the lineup on the floor. Expect a disciplined, selfless team that will rank top 10 in the NBA in assist.

Biggest Weakness: Youth, Lack of Superstars
This is the NBA. To win big in this league, you need a star, or two, or three. After Barnes predicted explosion on the team, things keep skimpy. If Barnes is off offensively, who steps up? This truth will affect the Celtics mostly on the road this season, and especially against Western Conference opponents. Outside of Barnes, no one else on this roster potentially puts fear in the opposition.

Most Likely to Impress: Terry Rozier
We expect the rookie to get trampled the first couple months of the season by the likes of John Wall, Stephen Curry, Damian Lillard, and Russell Westbrook. But after he gets his feet wet and embarrassed a few times, watch out for this kid. His athletic ability on both ends of the floor and IQ at the PG position is superior, reason Marcus Smart is now an Atlanta Hawk. He will turn the ball over a lot, but expect Rozier to take strides as a leader on this team.

Most Likely Distraction: Eric Gordon
Tisk. Tisk. Tisk. There is an opening on this roster for another 20+ PPG player to emerge (even if off the bench), and E.G. refuses to take advantage of the opportunity within his reach. Gordon will convert an ideal situation in his contract year and make it sour.

Most Likely Traded: David Lee
If a team's priority is to empty cap space and rid a star, expect Danny Ainge to pull the trigger by the trade deadline and get Harrison Barnes a legitimate sidekick. Lee, due to Coach Stevens' offensive schemes and defensive demands, has been outplayed by every big man on the roster during training camp. Lee is too valuable of a player -- when healthy, which he now is -- to be last on any team's depth chart.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:39 PM   #64
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

Kevin Durant Sweepstakes Gets Real

by Skip Bayless
ESPN

Okay folks.

Do not knock the messenger here. I am simply reporting what multiple sources have told me within the last hour.

This summer, Pat Riley plans to sign Kevin Durant AND get LeBron James BACK to South Beach. That's right. He is setting up plans for these guys to team up with Dwyane Wade for one more run before he retires in the front office.

You heard it here first. A new "big three" for the Miami Heat.

So, if there is a new "big three", that means Chris Bosh is getting the boot. Which comes as no surprise if LeBron returns to Miami, as Bosh had discouraging things to say about LeBron and "warned" Kevin Love as he headed to Cleveland to be the "King's" teammate. We all see how that has panned out thusfar.

I predict Riley, being the attention-seeker he has always been, will steal all the headlines and officially trade Bosh at All-Star Weekend.

What team needs a superstar, has the cap space to eat Bosh's contract, and the assets that will fit Miami's new "big three" to make a trade?

This is just MY TAKE -- see what I did there -- I got the Boston Celtics acquiring Chris Bosh and making a push to be a top team in the East in the second half of the season.

Ainge will kindly throw in David Lee, Jared Sullinger, and couple 1st round draft picks Miami's way to get Bosh and Barnes together. And dare I say, if the Celtics start off slow or get in a slump early, Ainge may make a phone call and pull the trigger quicker.

Trust me -- Danny Ainge will not be able to help himself. He will take that Riley bate.

Last edited by eyes of hazel; 10-06-2015 at 01:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »