Home

Out Of The Woods

This is a discussion on Out Of The Woods within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2015, 11:27 AM   #65
MVP

infamyice's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Out Of The Woods

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 12:13 PM   #66
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Ouch. I'm surprised the Lakers are that good, honestly. I don't have high hopes for them.

I expect your team and them will be competing for the last playoff spot in the West as the season goes on (assuming Kobe makes it past January).
Old 10-10-2015, 01:21 PM   #67
MVP

infamyice's Arena

RUMORS: TURNING POINTS
LILLARD, ROSE HEADLINES TRADING BLOCKS

By Mitch De Leon | December 10, 2015

(AP)-- It's a story in it of it-self to highly doubt, but in reality, it's not that far-fetched. Two of the most dominant point guards in the NBA today are listed on the trading blocks for their respective teams, Derrick Rose, and Damien Lillard. The big question here is, "why?"

Starting in the East, Derrick Rose has recently been placed on the Bull's trading block. This is a very sound team that currently has no issue making the playoffs and diving deep into the post season. With their salary cap is nearing -$20 Million, this roster shows their hometown they can get the job done and dominate in the Eastern Conference. They currently sit 13-6 on the record, 3rd in conference and 2nd in the central division. While 8 players having their contracts to expire by the end of the season, Derrick Rose is not one of them, so why make it public that Rose is on the blocks? Two reasons can come to thought: 1 - his major, yet deserving +$40 Million contract, and 2 - Rose's health.

While Derrick Rose is to bankroll over $20 Million a year, Rose's health has been rattling chump change in a tin can over the last few seasons. In 2012, Rose tore his ACL in game 1 of the quarterfinals against the Philadelphia 76ers. After an 8 hiatus, Rose was cleared to return to play in the NBA season, but decided against it. Next season, Rose would return to NBA action, only to tear his meniscus in his right knee on November 22, 2013. 11 months later, Rose returns once again after missing another season with the Bulls. Four months later, Rose undergoes another surgery on his right knee that kept him out for 20 games. Recently, Derrick Rose sustained a orbital bone fracture during practice, but have not missed any games.

Derrick Rose has played 19 games thus far this season, and has been playing well. He's averaging 31.2 minutes per game, 19.4 points, 3.4 rebounds, 5.8 assists, 2.0 steals per game. Rose has been shooting the ball with his best percentage this season for .490% from field. While Rose remains a explosive player in the back court, his riddled injury patterns gives Chicago something to be concerned about. Can Rose still dominate in the league? Yes. Can the Bulls still contend with or without Rose? Yes, they done it before. Do the Bulls have a fall back plan? Yes, that will be Jimmy Butler, the 2015 MIP. The the bigger questions are, "Is it worth giving up Rose for a lesser-tier point guard? No. But is Rose's injuries worth dealing with? Well, that's something to look into."

On the other side of the conference, the Weber State veteran, Damian Lillard has been all business and success, among his part. Lillard is the sole survivor of a team that once had the potential to be something special and be a threat in the West. Though, nothing has bare fruit from it, this past off-season, the Portland Trail Blazers saw four of their five starters depart to start new chapters elsewhere. So it questions, is Damian Lillard next to go?

In 23 games, Lillard is averaging 36.9 minutes, 24.3 points, 4.3 rebounds, 9.9 assists, 1.8 steals. His percentages have remained consistent with his previous efforts.

It is clear that the Trail Blazers has regressed back to their rebuilding stage, and it's evident that Portland should rebuild around Damian Lillard. But if he's to be available on the blocks, it leaves to question which direction are the Blazers going. While nothing is drastically falling downhill for Portland, they still have the potential to be a good enough team to possible steal the 8th seed in the West. Portland currently sits 9-14, 13th in conference, and 3rd in their division. Though going through a 4-game funk, Portland holds a positive record of 3-1 in their division. Currently 3rd in points among point guards, it wouldn't be questionable to see what you can get for Lillard in the league, but as one of the top point guards in the league, having a 4-star caliber player like Lillard is very hard to get.

Only 25 years old, it's not hard to believe that Lillard has unfinished business in Portland, but if his time is up, IF the rumors are true, then the league is in a rude awakening.

OTHER NOTABLE PLAYERS ON THE BLOCK
Cleveland Cavaliers: Kevin Love
Los Angeles Clippers: DeAndre Jordan
Miami Heat: Chris Bosh
Sacramento Kings: Rudy Gay
Orlando Magic: Tobias Harris
Brooklyn Nets: Brook Lopez
Toronto Raptors: Jonas Valanciunas
San Antonio Spurs: Tony Parker
Phoenix Suns: Brandon Knight, Tyson Chandler
Golden State Warriors: Draymond Green, Andrew Bogut

Old 10-10-2015, 01:24 PM   #68
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Ouch. I'm surprised the Lakers are that good, honestly. I don't have high hopes for them.

I expect your team and them will be competing for the last playoff spot in the West as the season goes on (assuming Kobe makes it past January).
Wouldn't say they're that "good", but I also can't say we got a win against them either.

Yet, they're 11th in the West and have to fight through the Kings and Clippers before they can contend for that 8th seed.

I don't expect to go higher than the 7th seed, and I'm hoping we do get that spot. Losing out to the top team in the 1st seed spot is not our agenda.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:03 PM   #69
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

i'm loving the new game layout bro. I'm really surprised with all of those players that are on the trade block. Can't believe the Spurs are willing to get rid of Parker!!
Old 10-10-2015, 09:09 PM   #70
Rookie

"The Veal"'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamyice
You can basically thank that KG and Towns rotation. We had Pekovic strong arming DeAndre Jordan, so things evened out.

Griffin is always going to get his. Just a matter of how much you'll let him take.

As good as our team is playing, our fan interesting keeps dropping day by day. We're at 36.6% right now. The relocation to Seattle is real lol.

Thanks sir, appreciate it. I use PS CS3. Just kept it simple. Another chise associate on another forum makes some of the most beautiful designs, and it inspired me. Dude is a real pro.

I'm not looking to trade anybody until around January or February if necessary. If not, I'll wait until the off-season. But I got some stories coming up.

Yeah, I'm playing all 82 games, even though I told my-self I'll never do it again. Playing all 82 can be a burnout. A few guys asked me to sim to next season, but I'm getting some fulfillment out of this season.

12 Mins, nothing less. I was playing Superstar up until my lst three games. I feel that pro gives the best animations, plus my sliders are really, really low to even out the gameplay. My shooting sliders are like in the mid 30s. So I'm still losing games at a fair rate. I think I'll bump it back up to superstar by March and HOF if we make the playoffs.
Best of luck to you! Love the realistic trading, but I can say from first hand experience that trying to play every game is really tough, and I only did 10 minutes. My last chise I made it to January before the games, and everything else with it, became too much. More power to ya, cause playing every one makes for the most realistic chise's, but it's tough.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:18 AM   #71
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
i'm loving the new game layout bro. I'm really surprised with all of those players that are on the trade block. Can't believe the Spurs are willing to get rid of Parker!!
Thanks, it's definitely a cleaner layout than last.

I'm surprised to. Be even more shocked if they act on them. I'm hoping they don't as most of them signed new contracts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "The Veal"
Best of luck to you! Love the realistic trading, but I can say from first hand experience that trying to play every game is really tough, and I only did 10 minutes. My last chise I made it to January before the games, and everything else with it, became too much. More power to ya, cause playing every one makes for the most realistic chise's, but it's tough.
Preciate it bro.

To me, it's not tough, it's just a very long process. This will be my 4th time going 82-games in three years.

I feel you, completely understand how draining 82-games can be. Time and effort game after game.

If I get to that point, I may just sim a bit. Play one, sim two process. Unfortunately I'm not there yet. So here's to a good full season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2015, 03:43 AM   #72
MVP

infamyice's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »