Home

The Return to the Shore - A NBA 2K16 MyLeague Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Return to the Shore - A NBA 2K16 MyLeague Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2015, 06:57 PM   #9
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Return to the Shore - A NBA 2K16 MyLeague Dynasty

I actually like the aways more than the homes. That red-white and blue color scheme, with the stars, is nice (though Philly and Washington both sport similar looks). It's simple and stylish and colorful.

I think you need some of that color in the home unis. Black, red and white are solid colors, but they're not doing it for me.

You might want to look at making the home uni just it's own thing (as opposed to making the away/home reflective of one another like most NBA teams do -- I think the future is going to make each jersey stand out on it's own without being the inverse of one another). For my Sonics, I went and made the home and aways very different in terms of look (the away is cleaner looking, whereas the home is busier but very "home" to me -- you can get away with wearing things at home that you can't while you're away, lol).

I like the concept you have here overall -- the aways are killer -- and I suggest you try to make the home look as cool or go in a completely bonkers direction with them.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:09 PM   #10
Rookie

abrod266's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
I actually like the aways more than the homes. That red-white and blue color scheme, with the stars, is nice (though Philly and Washington both sport similar looks). It's simple and stylish and colorful.

I think you need some of that color in the home unis. Black, red and white are solid colors, but they're not doing it for me.

You might want to look at making the home uni just it's own thing (as opposed to making the away/home reflective of one another like most NBA teams do -- I think the future is going to make each jersey stand out on it's own without being the inverse of one another). For my Sonics, I went and made the home and aways very different in terms of look (the away is cleaner looking, whereas the home is busier but very "home" to me -- you can get away with wearing things at home that you can't while you're away, lol).

I like the concept you have here overall -- the aways are killer -- and I suggest you try to make the home look as cool or go in a completely bonkers direction with them.
Thanks for the advice! Funny, the aways are growing on me too. And I agree -- the homes need more color to them. However, I really like what the homes are looking like right now, so I might make just a couple changes... Maybe change the black to blue on the numbers... I'll figure it out.
Brooklyn Nets
Seth Rollins

I make awesome sports designs on Instagram: @abrodgraffix

A-Brod's WWE 2K16 Universe Mode: The Return of the Randomizer
Old 10-06-2015, 07:42 PM   #11
Rookie

abrod266's Arena

I just made a second concept (for the homes only), and I went totally different from the aways, except I kept the stars and stripes down the sides. With this home design, I used the triangles to add some current-day design, the Brooklyn Nets font for "NEW JERSEY" across the front, and the stars and stripes down the side from the New York Nets and the ABA days. Altogether, it made this:

What do you guys think? Personally I'm planning on sticking with this design for at least Season 1, but I always love to hear feedback. Thanks for reading!

PS: A-Brod the GM has been wheeling and dealing lately, and made a couple trades ([EDIT: part of] one that you may see at the bottom of these pictures... )
Brooklyn Nets
Seth Rollins

Last edited by abrod266; 10-06-2015 at 09:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2015, 02:55 AM   #12
Pro

asvpxhughuet's Arena

Definitely following A-Brod, looks great as usual! Love the jerseys and love seeing people relocate, NJ will always be good.

(Love the trade btw, Shabazz is a monster!)
Old 10-07-2015, 06:23 AM   #13
Rookie

abrod266's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedmemore37
Definitely following A-Brod, looks great as usual! Love the jerseys and love seeing people relocate, NJ will always be good.

(Love the trade btw, Shabazz is a monster!)
Thanks for the follow bro! And thanks for the compliments as well.

Regarding the trade, we also gave someone else away in that deal, and I'll talk about it later today when I post the screenshots for "them" (there's another trade? whoa!). But yeah, I was trying out Shabazz in freestyle practice last night, and he is such a beast. Gonna be posterizing everyone, left and right, this season.
Brooklyn Nets
Seth Rollins

Old 10-07-2015, 07:31 AM   #14
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Love Shabazz, we go way back to 2K13 when I got him from a created draft class. He was a beast then, he'll be a beast now.

As for the unis, the home one's are definitely unique in design ... but they remind me of a picnic table cloth (sorry!).

Can you just wear the aways always?
Old 10-07-2015, 03:51 PM   #15
Rookie

abrod266's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Love Shabazz, we go way back to 2K13 when I got him from a created draft class. He was a beast then, he'll be a beast now.

As for the unis, the home one's are definitely unique in design ... but they remind me of a picnic table cloth (sorry!).

Can you just wear the aways always?
Don't apologize haha, that's the funniest thing I've heard today. And yeah, even though I kinda like the homes myself, I agree 100% that the aways are the better of the two (by a mile).

So I've got an idea: I'll wear the aways for all away games (obviously), and all home games in which the opponents don't have blue away jerseys. Does that make sense?

And I'll rock the "table-cloth homes" for every home game against another blue team. I think that's a pretty good compromise.

STAY TUNED EVERYONE, HUGE TRADE UPDATE COMING UP VERY SOON
Brooklyn Nets
Seth Rollins

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2015, 04:29 PM   #16
Rookie

abrod266's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrod266
STAY TUNED EVERYONE, HUGE TRADE UPDATE COMING UP VERY SOON
August 23rd, 2015
GM's Office
Newark, NJ

It was about 10:40 when Prokhorov came into my office, just minutes after I had invited him to do so. "What's up, Brod?" he asked, abbreviating my middle name instead of calling me by my real nickname. "I'm guessing you've got something good to tell me, because I could hear the enthusiasm in your voice over the phone."

It was true. I was hyped up, as my buddies would say back at Chapel Hill. And I'm pretty sure all of them would be just as amped as I was if they had just done what I did.

"You're right, Mike," I responded, calling him by a nickname I made for him, just as he had been doing to me. He smiled, either at the fact he was right or the fact that I made up a nickname for him on the spot, like he had. "I was talking to Milt [Newton, GM of the Timberwolves] and to Rich [Cho, GM of the Hornets], and I've put together a couple of deals. Here they are," I said, as I passed him a folder, holding these documents:

Spoiler

"Wow," is all Prokhorov could muster for about a minute after seeing these trades. "You did this... in only four weeks on the job? You've only been a GM for one whole month, and you've already put these blockbusters together?" At this point, I couldn't tell whether he was being sarcastic or if he was actually pleased with them, until he gave me a bro-hug over my desk. "This is amazing! You're practically robbing the T-Wolves, and that Hornets trade is gold too!"

I was grinning, practically laughing, since I was so happy that, well, he was happy. "Thanks, and I actually put these together in my first week on the job," I stated. "As you can see, our team was still called the 'Brooklyn Nets,' and not yet the New Jersey Nets."

"You. Are. A F***ing. GENIUS!" Prokhorov was basically jumping for joy at this point, realizing that he had struck as much gold by hiring me as the Tar Heels had by recruiting MJ before I was even born. Then, Prokhorov calmed himself down, and said, "Keep up the good work, Brod. I'm really glad I signed you." And, from the look on his face, I could tell that was true.
Brooklyn Nets
Seth Rollins

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »