Home

Big Thunder, Little Rain - Story of OKC

This is a discussion on Big Thunder, Little Rain - Story of OKC within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2015, 07:23 PM   #17
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Big Thunder, Little Rain - Story of OKC

Nets end Thunders streak with complete power

November 17, 2015

The streak had to finish one day.

Oklahoma were completely outmatched by the Brooklyn Nets, who looked completely under control. They played their own game on them - Nets completely dominated the boards and the inside. By half-time, Brooklyn had a double digits advantage in rebounds, and Lopez had a double-double already.

Brook Lopez finished with 22 points, 15 rebounds and 7 blocks. Jarrett Jack scored 18 and Hollis-Jefferson 13. For Brooklyn, their solid defense whole game and they made it difficult for the shooters outside and the penetrators inside.

Thunder had Durant, who finished with 23 points and 8 rebounds. Behind him was Westbrook with 12 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists, and Serge Ibaka with 10 points.

The streak of the Thunder is now over, yet what is surprising people, is the fact that who it is over against. Yet coach Hollins believes that they showed up to play. "We were the better team today, and I don't think we were just better. We showed that we can be tough at home against any team."

THE BETTER LOPEZ

Brook Lopez really came to play, and he chose the best team to go big against. After the game, Lopez said that there is a lot of work to be done, yet they can make the playoffs this season. "I feel confident, Hollins is a great coach and more minutes makes me happy. We still have to work hard and train hard, yet I feel better this season than ever before."

BALL CONTROL

One of the big reasons for this loss or win was ball protection. Nets finished with only 4 rebounds, while Thunder had 11. Westbrook feels that they were forced to it. "I think we just got out-hustled and tried to force ourselves back into it, it just didn't work. They played well and we just have to focus and come back stronger next game."

UP NEXT

Oklahoma: At Toronto against Raptors

Raptors: Host Washington Wizards
Old 11-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #18
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Thunder come back with a bang and sweep the Raptors

November 19, 2015

Thunder have bounced back instantly, in the expense of Toronto.

In a complete take over in the second quarter and keeping the lead ever since, Oklahoma had no problem sweeping their season series against the Toronto Raptors. Durant finished 23 points and 6 rebounds, Westbrook helped him out with 17 points and 13 assists. Three other players scored in double-digits: Morrow (12), Ibaka (12) and Kanter (10).

Meanwhile for Toronto, it was DeRozan leading the team with 18 points. Behind him was Luis Scola with 16 points, 7 rebounds and James Johnson with 15 points. Toronto got completely manhandled on the boards and inside, which lead to a disadvantage in rebounds and blocks.

THREE NO MORE?

While Thunder have soared into the top rankings in most boards, many critics figure that is this the new way of basketball, since they are the lowest in the league on both three points made and attempted. Durant, who was the leading scorer of the game, went 1-5 from deep. He himself believes that teams play tough defense on their shooters, so they must go to the paint more often. "I get crowded most games, it is difficult to hit shots, so I find it easier and we all do to go inside and get the foul or the bucket. So far, so good." In contrast, Thunder are the leading team in points inside, and by quite a margin.

RAPTOR WOUNDS

Toronto was a part of some great basketball last season, yet now, they are struggling. Kyle Lowry believes that everybody needs to step up in the team. "This isn't time to rest, everybody needs to look in the mirror and figure out what they need to do so we get out of this slump. So far, it does not look good, yet I have confidence we can bounce back."

UP NEXT

Oklahoma: At Boston against Celtics

Raptors: Host Washington Wizards

Old 11-10-2015, 07:06 AM   #19
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Man, Toronto is STRUGGLIN'. They're out East, too, so they shouldn't be too deep in a hole to dig themselves out, but you have to wonder what the deal is. Casey's seat is heating up.

Good bounce back win.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:25 AM   #20
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Man, Toronto is STRUGGLIN'. They're out East, too, so they shouldn't be too deep in a hole to dig themselves out, but you have to wonder what the deal is. Casey's seat is heating up.

Good bounce back win.
Yeah, they are not doing well. It is quite surprising to me aswell, they are like in the bottom three in the East (Wizards and Knicks behind them), but what worries me more is Memphis, they are last in West. No idea what is going on with them.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #21
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzerr
Yeah, they are not doing well. It is quite surprising to me aswell, they are like in the bottom three in the East (Wizards and Knicks behind them), but what worries me more is Memphis, they are last in West. No idea what is going on with them.
Grizz IRL are struggling badly, too. It's a tough year to be a throwback team like them (or, to a lesser extent, like the Raps).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2015, 06:45 PM   #22
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Thunder throw the hammer down in Boston

November 21, 2015

Some games are close from the start, yet others tend to be blowouts quite quickly.

Thunder took charge straight from the start, and never let go. Celtics gave it their best, yet it wasn't enough against this tough Oklahoma team. Durant scored 29 points, Westbrook added 21 with 10 assists. Ibaka added 15 points with 7 rebounds and Kanter had a double-double (11 points-11 rebounds).

The game was never in the Celtics hand, yet they can take a few positives from it. Olynyk scored 20 points and 6 rebounds. Turnover wise, they had none compared to Thunders 6, yet it had little to no effect to the game.

BLOCK PARTY

The whole team of Thunder however had 14 blocks to Bostons zero. The usual suspect, Ibaka, led them by 5, followed by Adams (3), Kanter (2) and Durant (2). Serge felt quite good about it and knows that blocking is the key to take wins away from home. "When you are strong inside, you will make it difficult for them to actually catch fire in home. You silence them, you silence the crowd."

EARLY EXIT

While it was a complete blowout, coach Stevens was not happy with the fans leaving so early. "I want to see support the whole game, not for three quarters. This is something new, I haven't seen this my entire coaching career."

DOUBLE-TROUBLE

Westbrook has shown himself from a great side, as he continues his last years heroics. While his numbers have dropped, he has gotten a double-double in 4 out of 8 games. "This just comes naturally. I feed my teammates and try to get my own. I don't really care about the numbers currently, I want the wins."

UP NEXT

Oklahoma: At Memphis against Grizzlies

Raptors: At Philadelphia against 76ers

Old 11-11-2015, 07:16 PM   #23
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Another late rally for Thunder is another loss for Memphis

November 24, 2015

It was another tough, intense and exciting game between these two competitive, yet completely different placed teams.

A close, neck-and-neck game was ended as Oklahoma City went on for a late push and secured themselves another victory. KD scored 21 points along with 5 rebounds, followed by Westbrook with 20 points and Ibaka with 18 points and 8 rebounds.

For Memphis, their all-star big man, Marc Gasol, finished the game with 22 points and 7 rebounds, infront of Tony Allen (11 points) and Zach Randolph (10 points.

OPPOSITE ENDS OF SPECTRUM

These two games between these two teams have been intense, as Thunder won the previous matchup by 4 points. However, as Oklahoma is sitting at the top of the Western conference, the Grizzlies are sitting at dead last. Team leader Mike Conley had nothing positive to say about it. "Sure, we play a close game, yet still lose. I can't comment on all of this, it just really tough. I just like to thank the fans for sticking with us."

FIREPOWER

Durant has still not had a game, where he has scored under 20 points. This game was his lowest so far this season. He commented on the good defense of the Grizzlies and the well-rounded offense of his team. "Well, I got to give credit where credit is due, Memphis made it hard for me today. They have players like Zach and Tony looking at my each move, yet I know that I don't have to score in bunches with the way our guys are playing. I can depend on them."

UP NEXT

Oklahoma: Home against Brooklyn Nets

Raptors: At Minnesota against Timberwolves

Old 11-12-2015, 07:05 AM   #24
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Welp, the Grizz are about two losses away (and zero wins) from going so far under they'll never come back. 1-8 is a highly likely possibility for their future and that's gonna be a pill to swallow.

OKC continues to roll ... but I still need to see Dion Waiters find somewhere else to play. Dude is not long for OKC IRL, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »