Home

Raiderz4eva Presents The New Era Lakers

This is a discussion on Raiderz4eva Presents The New Era Lakers within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2016, 03:49 AM   #73
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Raiderz4eva Presents The New Era Lakers

Shoutout!!!!

Haha good stuff Austin. The Las Vegas Pigeons may be happening one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 02-05-2016, 01:08 PM   #74
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

Way to bring the homie Josh into your Dynasty I love it haha! Go get that sweep against the Warriors my man!

Reed is comin' atcha!!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 02-06-2016, 12:48 AM   #75
Rookie

darkwolf80's Arena

Finally got a chance to sit down and read the forum from start to catch up. Awesome work man! I'll be posting mine here soon. Doesn't compare to yours or Blindsidz, I jsut don't have the time I have had in the past.

I like the moves you made. I love Grinnage!

Keep it going man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2016, 01:12 AM   #76
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwolf80
Finally got a chance to sit down and read the forum from start to catch up. Awesome work man! I'll be posting mine here soon. Doesn't compare to yours or Blindsidz, I jsut don't have the time I have had in the past.

I like the moves you made. I love Grinnage!

Keep it going man.

Thanks man!!! Will definitely give yours a follow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twitch: twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter:@simworld4k

Raiderz4eva Presents the New Era Lakers
Old 02-06-2016, 02:46 AM   #77
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

57-25

“Tell him Cam. How does your left knee feel?” I know the answer. Hes told me it a million times. He can play. He wants to play. I want him to play. I need him to play.

“It feels good Gary. I have full mobility and it’s not sore.” I looked at Gary and give him that look. I know I’m right.

“I still don’t want you to play just yet. Knee tendinitis can have long lasting effects. It’s about the bigger picture here. I want to get you healed up so that you can be good to go for playoffs.” Typical f**king Gary.

“Didn’t you hear him Gary? He said its good. There is no reason he can’t play.”

“Well coach. We all know the rules. Im not going to say he’s out, but I’m not going to recommend him to play in tomorrow’s game. “

“What do you want to do Cam?” I also knew the answer to this.

“Its Golden State. Im playing.” What now Gary. What now.

Gary was frusterated and shaking his head. I was sitting there with a smirk. That same smirk McCullough gave me when he blew that game this season. It felt good.

“Alright well I don’t want you practicing today. But as of playing remember this you two.This was both of your decisions remember that. Not mine.”

“Enough with the funny business Gary. Cam needs to at least have a practice in. Wouldn’t that be more logical as to see if he can really play tomorrow with that left knee?” I know I don’t have a PHD but it doesn’t take a genius to figure this out.

“I already said he can play in tomorrows game but its not recommended. For todays practice, he is definitely out.” Typical f*cking Gary.

“What do you wanna do Cam?” Can you guess what hes about to say?

“I wanna practice.” Thank you Cameron. Thank you for cooperating.

“I gave you both my answers regarding todays practice and that’s final.” Whatever Gary. See ya later bud.

The next day we played Golden State. Stafford was injured for them. Cameron was as well, but he was playing. Stafford on the other hand was out with a broken leg. Praise the lord. In what was an epic showdown couldn’t be put into words. Watch the ending yourself.

If you like amazing basketball. WATCH THIS.

The game ended up going into double overtime where we were able to pull away in the end. It was finally official I had done the sweep on Steve Kerr and the Golden State Warriors. Have you ever done cocaine before? Neither have I. But I’m sure the feelings are identical.

We end up finishing out the year at 57-25. Sweet deal right? 1st in the west what a accomplishment. On the 2nd to last game of the year Cameron McKinney reinjures his left leg and is out 3-4 weeks. With what you ask? Yeah… left knee tendenitiis.

Yeah I got a earful from Gary. He was right. Striving for greatness can cause you to make some foolish decisions. I made some foolish decisions playing him in that playoff game. The rest of the team was healthy but our foundation would be missing for the first round of the playoffs and maybe longer. I feel like an idiot. This was my fault. To make matters worse. We got matched up with the Utah Jazz. We were never able to beat them in the regular season and I didn’t think too much of it. It’s the Utah Jazz.

But now i'm worried. Really f*cking worried.

Last edited by raiderz4eva; 02-06-2016 at 05:08 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:08 AM   #78
MVP

BlindSideNZ's Arena

A game winner but it could cost the playoffs, ouch.

Utah is a team I definitely don't like playing against. But if you can keep the pace up to where you want it you should be in for a chance. You've got home court too. That's always a plus (not sure if it means jack in 2k) but you still have it.

Good luck! Can't wait to hear what happens!
Old 02-06-2016, 09:53 AM   #79
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

BREAKING NEWS:

The Commissioner has announced that the Los Angeles Clippers will be moving to Seattle to become the Seattle Sonics. Apple had been working on a new complex near the Seattle Seahawks stadium for the past two years but no word of what it was to be used for. We finally have answers. Apple Arena can hold approximately 21,000 fans and will be in fully available by the start of next season. This stadium is by far one of the largest and nicest stadiums that the League has to offer. While Clipper fans are devastated, the Sonics finally have their own stadium, and with a city that will be behind them 100 percent win or lose. The Sonics are in the running of having the number 1 pick in The League Draft. Things are definitely looking good for the franchise that has been through so much despair as of late.

Here are pictures of the new Stadium and Jerseys.

End of the Regular Season

NBA Standings - Updated: Feb 1, 2016

EAST PLAYOFF RACEWLGB
Brooklyn Nets56
Philadelphia 76ers
Cleveland Cavaliers

Detroit Pistons

Washington Wizards

Indiana Pacers

Toronto Raptors44

Boston Celtics
Atlanta Hawks

New York Knicks
Charlotte Hornets
Orlando Magic
Milwaukee Bucks
Chicago Bulls2556
Miami Heat1864
WEST PLAYOFF RACEWLGB
Los Angeles Lakers5725
Golden State Warriors5527
Minnesota Timberwolves4834
Houston Rockets4834
Denver Nuggets4735
San Antonio Spurs4735
Phoenix Suns4636
Utah Jazz4537
Sacremento Kings4339
Portland Trail Blazers3844
New Orleans Pelicans3745
Oklahoma City Thunder3448
Dallas Mavericks2854
Memphis Grizzlies2755
Los Angeles Clippers (Seattle Sonics)1864

The League Awards
AwardPlayerPosTeam
Most Valuable PlayerChristopher Bishop Jr.SFWashington Wizards
Rookie of the YearChris ValentineSGDetroit Pistons
Sixth Man of the YearRaymond DawsonPFLos Angeles Lakers
Defensive Player of the YearZaire MutomboSFBoston Celtics
Most Improved PlayerLeon WashingtonSGCleveland Cavaliers
Coach of the YearLionel HollinsHCBrooklyn Nets

NBA League Leaders - Updated: Feb 14, 2016
Points Per GamePPGRebounds Per GameRPG
1. Tyrell Carrington30.11. Glenn Lucas15.1
2. Christopher Bishop Jr.29.82. Montgeo Hennessy13.1
3. Adam Cameron27.73. Brandon Lewis12.4
4. Jameel Bethea27.54. Idris Daddah12.4
5. Brandon Lewis25.75. Jareem Banks12.3
Assists Per GameAPGSteals Per GameSPG
1. J.R. Williams10.31. J.R Williams2.1
2. Treyvon Dixon9.82. Rameek Toole2.1
3. Ernest Jeffries8.73. Donovan Robinson2.0
4. James Sterling8.64. Treyvon Dixon2.0
5. Detroit Johnson8.35. Blake Casell1.9
Blocks Per GameBPG3 Point Field Goal Percentage3P%
1. Maurice Hardaway3.01. Ray Ray Francis.453
2. Zaire Mutombo2.82. Russell Lawson.442
3. Stephen Braithwaite2.73. Zachary Grinnage.434
4. Montogeo Hennessy 2.74. Damon Richardson.434
5. Cameron McKinney2.55. Jeremiah Turner.429

NBA League Leaders - Updated: Feb 14, 2016
Points Per GamePPGPoints Allowed Per GamePAPG
1. Lakers110.51. Pistons92.9
2. Wizards109.02. 76ers93.7
3. Hawks 107.03. Warriors93.9
4. Nets105.44. Kings94.7
5. Nuggets105.05. Rockets94.8
Point DifferentialDIFFField Goal PercentageFG%
1. Lakers9.31. Pistons.475
2. Nets8.72. Rockets.475
3. Warriors7.33. Pelicans.474
4. Wizards5.94. Wizards.471
5. 76ers5.35. 76ers.471
Three Point Percentage3P%Rebounds Per GameRPG
1. Nets.3521. Nuggets56.5
2. Suns.3432. Lakers55.5
3. Wizards.3403. Wizards54.1
4. Hawks.3404. Nets53.9
5. Raptors.3385. Thunder52.3
Steals Per GameSPGBlocks Per GameBPG
1. Nuggets9.41. Pistons9.7
2. Wizards9.02. Lakers9.7
3. Hawks8.93. Pelicans8.8
4. Nets8.84. Trail Blazers8.7
5. Lakers8.75. Raptors8.6

FIRINGS:

Grizzlies fire HC David Joerger
Seattle Sonics fire HC Doc Rivers
Miami Heat fire HC Erik Spoelstra
Bulls fire HC Mike Young
Mavericks fire HC Rick Carliisle

HIRINGS:

Seattle Sonics hire HC Rick Carlisle
Grizzlies hire head coach Elston Turner
Heats hire HC Keith Smart
Bulls hire HC Doc Rivers
Mavs hire David Joerger

Lakers News

Los Angeles Lakers Stats - 2015
PlayerGPMINPPGRPGAPGSPGBPGTPGFPG
PG Zachary Grinnage6328.016.33.25.41.70.12.5
SG Marcus Domino8236.020.26.95.21.62.32.6
SF Kyle Redfield7130.413.29.32.30.81.71.5
PF Cameron McKinney7631.523.210.62.90.62.52.3
C Armondo Boyd7525.05.27.70.70.31.51.4
PF Raymond Dawson8227.814.99.32.30.81.71.5
SG Trey Tripplett 8223.513.03.83.01.10.81.7
PG Ramon Rivers7519.66.71.44.31.00.11.3
PG Antonio Montgomery 5918.95.41.42.71.10.11.4
C Jonathen Battle2713.54.25.20.30.10.60.5

*Cameron McKinney made 2nd team all pro
*Raymond Dawson made 1st team all rookie.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:56 AM   #80
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Game One VS. The Utah Jazz

Game One vs. The Utah Jazz

Theirs a different feel around these parts of town. The wind blows cooler on your face. Everyone is smiling. Everyone is wearing Laker gear. The city of Los Angeles is buzzing. THEIR basketball team finally made the playoffs. The Commissioner of the League announced that the Clippers would be moving to Seattle to become the Sonics. And I’m so f*cking glad to have the house to ourselves. But with that comes a price. Every Los Angeles clippers fan and beat writer has jumped ship. That much more pressure. How have I been dealing with it? Xanex. And a lot of it. But the true story lies in Cameron McKinney.

10 years ago he was a senior ball player out of Murray State that no one had heard of. Have you heard of Murray State before? I sure as hell never did. But whether it was college or in the pro’s he has always been let down. Never made the NCAA tournament as a college ball player. And so far in his illustrious career, he has never made the playoffs. Until now, but he’s out with a knee injury.

The best player in the whole damn league. My superstar. My playmaker. My dude. But theirs no time to piss and moan. Next man up.

“You ready big dog? You got some starting time with the starters when Cam first went down in the season. You won 6th man of the year. Should have won rookie of the year. But none of that means ****. This is the playoffs. You ready?” He’s 19 years old. You really think he’s ready?

“Of course I’m ready coach. I was born ready.”

“Lets get it then.” Please God.

Raymond Dawson was getting ready to start in his 1st playoff game ever. Something Cameron McKinney has never done before. Crazy world we live in huh? This would be Raymond Dawson’s 7th career start. The rookie phenom had been stellar all year. But his success was primarily from coming off the bench. This is how we were so successful all season. Nobody could stop it. We had Cameron attack the defense in multiple ways. Shoot threes, drive the basket, post up. If that wasn’t working we would get Marcus Domino going. But what continued that success was Raymond off the bench. Once defenses started cheating to try and stop Cameron. Raymond Dawson would say thank you and success was his. Cameron McKinney paved the way for him. He taught Dawson so much this season. But in tonights match up. He would be a no go.

Game one is about to begin and my mind is racing. Can the rookie really replace Cameron Mckinney?

We game planned to distribute the ball equally amongst our men and to just battle it out but it was going to be time for Raymond Dawson to nut up or shut up.

From the second tip-off occurred it was slug fest. Like watching Muhhamed and Frazier go at it. Technical fouls left and right. Bickering and shoving all game. This was war. A war we were fighting in but Raymond Dawson was struggling. He needed help. He needed Cameron. Tremendously.

“Hey bud. Listen here. Just settle down. Its just a basketball. It’s the same damn you played all season. I love what I’m seeing from you defensively but offensively you need to relax. “

“Im sorry coach.”

The young kid is scared. The pressure had gotten to him. Just like the pressure of the Los Angeles Media. I feel his pain. The toughness of the Jazz Defense destroyed his confidence. Losing Cameron McKinney destroyed my confidence. They were fouling hard and he was fouling back. He had 4 fouls at this point. But that’s what they wanted. He was 2-10 at halftime. Clearly. He was riled up. I was riled up. The Jazz were the real deal. They had a lot of injuries during the regular season but as of now, they are fully healthy. And we are still down Cameron Mckinney.

We end the half with a two-point lead. But it didn’t feel like it. They were attacking the paint and everything was falling for them. Rookie PG Rashard Wallace was putting PG Zachary Grinnage on skates. He simply couldn’t guard him. It was embarrassing. We might have been up on the scoreboard but that didn’t mean sh*t.

I was pissed. This wasn’t us. But I ripped the team a new a** hole in the locker room. This was unacceptable to our home fans in the playoffs. We are the number one team in the west. We don’t get beat up by any 8th seed. But in reality, everyone expected it. We were down Cameron McKinney. And we were up against the Jazz. They beat opponents up and whoever is the last man standing gets the win. This was there motto. We were already down one when the game started. But this is what I signed up for. If I couldn’t handle injuries I should have signed up to coach badminton.

The third quarter gets underway and I decide to bring the starters back out. Some shots were falling for Zachary and we are keeping the game extremely close. But our defense in the paint is atrocious. Zach is extremely versatile on offense but Wallace was making him look like a fool. Something that wouldn’t have happened if we still had Jenkins.

So I decided to take him out about 5 minutes in to put the next man up in; Antonio Montgomery. He isn’t better fundamentally wise on defense he damn sure is more athletically gifted to a point to where it at least look appealing to our fans that someone is trying to guard Wallace. Now don’t get me wrong. Antonio Montgomery has been night and day better compared to his previous years in the league. But this is Rashard Wallace we are talking about.

And then before you know it clicked. The Jazz were going to win. They had successfully got Dawson to foul out late in the 3rd quarter and they just ran away with it. Damn it Cameron. You and your left knee. We ended up getting beat 104-95. The 8th seed Jazz had just beat the 1st seed Lakers. I had failed my team. I had failed the city of Los Angeles.

On my way back to the locker room, I realized that it was time to grow up on my end. After every loss, the team got a earful from me to the point where I broke em down. It builds character. But this isn’t a time for building character. This is a time to win.

This team just got whooped. In the playoffs. At home. To the Utah Jazz. And they were going to rely on me to pick their bodies off the ground and bring them to the medic so that they can get ready to go back to war in two days. With no Cameron McKinney. It’s a 7 game series. We are going to fight with or without him.

So I give them this motivational speech about its just one game blah blah blah and tell them I will see them in the morning for film and then practice. It sounded better than how I am explaining it, but you get the point. I did the right thing.

On my way home I try to ease my mind so I decided to turn on some music. I downloaded Tupac’s California Love onto my iphone and it had usually been my go to song as of late but it wasn’t helping any. You can’t feel like a thug when you got you’re a*s kicked by the Utah jazz. So I turned it off and just rolled down the windows. And listened to my thoughts.

My phone was blowing up by close friends texting me to keep my head up about the game and that it was just one game. The typical stupid ****. I didn’t really want to hear it.

I get home, skip a shower and throw on the tape again. I need to find a way. There is nothing remotely on this film that actually worked that I can implement in game two. NOTHING. I can’t figure it out. We just need Cameron back. But only God knows when that’ll be. I was ready to throw in the towel. I gave up and decided to just implement the same game plan and hope for better results.

Out of all the messages I received following the loss, one in particular stood out. My old high school basketball coach; Chris Horsley.

“Havent talked to you in a while bud. Saw the game tonight. Keep ya head up” Just like every other text message I got.

He was a big shot criminal defense attorney that was always on the news about getting some murderer free. His son and I played on the same highschool basketball team and we had remained close ever since. Except for this year. I hadn’t really talked to him since I became the head coach and GM of the Lakers and I felt bad. I fell in love with Basketball because of him. I decided to call him.

“Chris. How ya been?”

“Same S*it. Different day. Different S*hit for you though. You guys got what I would call an old fashioned smack in the face. How your face feel Austin?”

“Yeah that was embarrassing wasn’t it?”

“Well I had a party for the big game. Safe to say everyone went home drunk and pissed thanks to you. The Utah Jazz called me too after the game. They were looking for a defense attorney to help them get away with the murder they committed tonight.” I deserved that.

“Same ol Coach Chris. I’m sorry about that man. We will get it fixed. I saw your so I figured id give you a call. ”

“How are you going to fix it?” I had no f*cking clue.

“Honestly, Chris. Right now, we just got to slow it down and play our game. Stop fouling and decrease the turnovers. Having Cameron out has just taken the life out of us. They are too strong. Honestly, I don’t know.” He could hear it in my voice. I sound like I had given up. And that’s because I had given up.

“Well Austin. Break down your offense. What does it do best?” Ive coached these guys for 83 games now. I know what they can do best.

“Lets hear what ya got for me Chris.” Like he was really going to help me. Tell me to shoot more jumpers? Attack the basket more? It’s not high school ball Chris Horsley. It’s a little different in the League.

“Austin. The roster you have put together is extremely athletic. Except for Grinnage. He really dropped the ball today. You got guys that can really do it all. Literally. Dawson can play the 3,4 and 5. Redfield can play the 4, 3,2. Domino can play the 1, 2, and 3. Trey can play the 1,2, and 3. Are those not your 4 best guys right now on your roster?”

“Yeah. And your point?” I was so confused

“Well get all those guys on the floor from the get go. You can’t beat these guys up with Armando Boyd and Jonathan Battle. They aren’t the type of guys that can get it done for you. You gotta utilize what you got with McKinney out. Here’s what you do. Put Antonio at the 1 with Trey at the 2, Domino at the 3, and Redfield at the 4 and Dawson at the 5. Go small.. Just like in high school. You were always the fastest ones. Speed kills.”

The conversation shortly ends after that. He was drunk as hell from his house party and I could hear the slight slurr in his voice. But god damn it. He was right. Those were my best guys on my roster at the moment.

I get back to watching the same film for 3 more hours. And I still remained clueless as to what to do.

Maybe LA will forgive me even if I don’t make it out of the first round. I got the Lakers in the playoffs for the first time in ages. F*ck it. What do I have to lose? I’m going to listen to the drunken old man.

Small ball it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »