Home

When the Stars Align - Jonny Boss GM Story

This is a discussion on When the Stars Align - Jonny Boss GM Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: When the Stars Align - Jonny Boss GM Story

Suns Blog
The Arizona Republic sports staff brings Phoenix Suns fans the latest news, notes and analysis

Rockets blow out Suns, 103-77
in Knight's return to Phoenix

Charles M. Hunt

February 19, 2016

PHOENIX - The All Star Weekend has come and gone and what a spectacular weekend it was. However we are back in regular season form and for some teams its time to switch gears and compete for the top spot or edge their way in the playoffs in their respective conferences while others like the Phoenix Suns for example hope to get a nice spot in the draft.

This is not only newly acquired Ty Lawson's first game in a Suns jersey but this is also Brandon Knight's return to Phoenix after both was traded to the other team. The Suns are currently on a 16 game losing streak while the Rockets continue to rise up in the Western Conference and both teams are looking to either make a difference, but on paper the Suns is a terrible team and well they would be better off forfeiting for they have a better chance and getting the #1 overall pick in the 2016 Draft then actually try to compete with Houston.

In the first quarter things looked like it was about to get ugly as the Rockets started the game on a 12-0 run putting Phoenix in a scoring drought for 4 minutes. However towards the end of the first quarter the Suns' bench (15 bench points) especially Mirza Teletovic scoring team high 10 points hitting 2/3 from deep from off the bench helped out significantly as they close out the quarter down 4 points after being down as much as 15 points.

However that was the only part of this game that was interesting as the Rockets wiped the floor with them leading by as much as 32. Though Harden didn't put up the shots he normally attempt there wasn't any need to as Brandon Knight lead Houston tona 103-77 victory finishing with 20 points (game high), 5 assists, and 3 rebounds shooting 46% from the field (6/13) and 50% from deep (4/8). Knight was also named Player of the Game.

The Suns were no match for Houston as starters Devin Booker, 7 points 1/8 from deep, and Ty Lawson, 3 points 1/4 from the field, did not make things better. Starters Solomon Hill, Terrence Jones, Anderson Varejao, and bench player Mirza Teletovic scored in double figures but no one scores more than 15 points. Teletovic was the only player truely making a difference for the Suns playing 22 minutes finishing with 15 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, shooting 45% from the field (5/11) and 50% from downtown (3/6).

Last edited by vicebeliever42; 02-06-2016 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:14 PM   #18
Pro

April 12, 2016
2:11pmEST

US Airways Arena

With one last game to play in the regular season the end to a horrible year is finally coming to a close. Currently tied with the Los Angeles Lakers as the 2nd worse team in the league with a 16-65 record before their final game at home against the Los Angeles Clippers (29-52). They were plagued with devastating injuries and chemistry problems now the Suns are one loss away from tying the worst win percentage in franchise history dating back to the Suns' inaugural season in 1968-69 going 5-22 after the All-Star break. All hope for the future is in the hands of interim GM Jonny Boss who has made necessary moves to make a difference. Boss has been working nonstop since he was named interim GM after the record breaking storm tore through Phoenix and caused deaths to members of the Suns' front office. To make matters worse Jonny still has no clue if he's gonna stay general manager in the offseason but that doesn't stop him and his assistant GM Gerald Mills make plans for next season. With nearly 12 players becoming unrestricted free agents that will only leave 2 players still part of the Suns' roster.

"Well, Mills, this meeting could make or break us," stated Jonny.

"Kid, you did all you could with the time you had, keep ya head up," encouraged Mills.

"You're right but what if it wasn't enough?" Jonny questioned.

"Kid, before we go in this office you need to get your head together and keep your chin up because you doubting yourself is not helping one bit."

A week ago Jonny got a phone call from his boss, the chairman, Rob Sarver, scheduling a mandatory meeting with him on this very day to talk about Jonny's future in the front office.

"...You're right, Mills. Just my nerves talking I'm good now. Thanks."

"Yeah, whatever. You're welcome, kid."

Suddenly a voice they know so well interrupts, "Hey there, you two."

Jonny quickly jumps to his feet, straightening his suit as Katherine acknowledges him and Mills. Mills gives Jonny an unimpressed stare disgusted by his fail attempt at being smooth in front of Katherine. Mills stands to his feet shaking his head before saying, "Good to see you, Katherine, is Sarver ready to see lover boy here?"

Jonny whips his head in Mills direction feeling embarrassed from his question.

Looking at Jonny Mills shrugs his shoulder and points at Katherine with a smug look on his face.

Standing there giggling away at her friends' antics Katherine speaks up while pointing her clipboard towards Rob Sarver's office, "Mr. Boss, Mr. Sarver is ready for you now."

"Oh geez we're being professional now," sarcastically stated Mills looking at Jonny.

"Mills, do you ever stop?" questioned Jonny unamused by Mills' humor as he makes his way towards Sarver's office.

Jonny stops 2 inches from Sarver's office door anxious and nervous.

This is a defining moment in his career...

No in his entire life...

He looks down the hall at Katherine and Mills looking for some type of encouragement, but as much as he wants his advisor beside him during this meeting he must do this alone.

Jonny looks at Sarver's office door, takes a deep breath, then literally shakes trying to metaphorical shake off his nerves, before finally reaching for the door knob and opening the door.

Enters Jonny and sitting at his desk is Rob Sarver with a hand stretched out towards an cushioned chair across from his desk. Jonny sits down on the brown satin chair eager to hear what his boss has to say. Sarver stands to his feet, walks around his desk, then leans against it standing 3 feet in front of Jonny before finally opening his mouth.

"Jonathan Boss, once just a scout who got some of the best information on college recruits and current NBA players. Boy were you d**n good at your job... Now an underpaid interim General Manager who got the job in the most weirdest way I must say. It's a shame how they all passed but I mean almost everyone here has done an impressive job. Like I said almost everyone did a impressive job and I ALMOST feel bad everyone is underpaid..." Sarver explained with a small grin on his face.

"Um, sir, is this meeting about me or the staff?" questioned Jonny.

"Oh that's right excuse my rambling," Sarver apologized then gets off his desk and takes two steps closer to Jonny with an extended hand saying, "In my eyes you have done a d**n good job at being General Manager my young friend."

Jonny eyes widen.

"I want you Jonathan Boss to be my Director of Basketball Operations for a little longer."

Jonny was in awe he didn't know what to say, what to do, honestly he wasn't expecting this but this is what he wanted.

"Come on, Jonny, are you going to shake my hand or what?" joked Sarver.

Jonny immediately stood to his feet and shook Sarver's hand thanking him over and over. "You won't regret this," Jonny added.

Sarver made his way back around his desk to his seat saying, "You're attorney has the paperwork for you and your assistant GM. After you sign he'll send the paperwork back to me. I'm giving you a 2 year extension and you'll be paid like a real General Manager." Sarver pushes the intercom, "Bring in Mills, Katherine."

After a few moments passed Mills walks through the door.

"Thank you for joining us, Gerald. I already gave Jonny the good news..." Sarver acknowledges Mills.

"First thing's first you're my boss but don't call me Gerald I believe my background gives me that respect, Sarver. Secondly, I'm glad you finally told him I was tired of keeping it to myself."

"Wait, you knew?" interrupted Jonny scolding Mills.

"Anyway, though you're the official GM that means I expecting more from you so I hope you have a plan because you're not getting a extension unless we make the playoffs in 2 years."
Old 04-13-2016, 12:57 AM   #19
Pro

Suns Blog
The Arizona Republic sports staff brings Phoenix Suns fans the latest news, notes and analysis

New Chapter for Suns Franchise

Charles M. Hunt

June 25, 2016

PHOENIX - The Phoenix Suns start a new chapter in a this newly written book as Suns owner Robert Sarver officially names Jonathan Boss as the Director of Basketball Operations. He was the interim GM for half a season after majority of the Suns' front office were killed in a record breaking storm back in December 2015. With the well-known and highly respected former scout Gerald Mills as his assistant GM, Boss and Mills made moves that were necessary to put this team on the right path.

One anonymous NBA executive who wasn't sold on Sarver keeping Boss at the helm had this to say, "Yes, Boss did what was necessary but those moves were obvious and any ordinary General Manager would make those moves. I mean the team was already in a hole before he was GM."

Another NBA executive who will remain anonymous thought the opposite, "He (Jonathan Boss) did the right thing for that franchise especially since he has no experience in this field... He was a low level scout and he made moves that could put his organization in the right direction. Good hire, Sarver."

Anything could happen now.

I spoke with Jonathan Boss and he gave one statement, "It's time for a new identity here in Phoenix."

A strong statement Mister Boss.

Honestly this organization hasn't had a clue which way they wanted to go. The Suns haven't been the same since Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire left for new teams though they did make the playoffs in the 2013-14 season. However, this past season is tied worse win-loss record (16-66) and percentage season in franchise history (19.5%) and if you're a Suns fan you couldn't be any more ashamed of your team.

Boss hired a new basketball operations staff after letting the staff walk. As the official General Manager who he hired at the head coaching position made a lot of noise. After having his first season as a NBA head coach Boss was able to sign former Chicago Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg under a 4-year deal worth $19.38 million. Under Fred Hoiberg the Chicago Bulls went 41-40 missing the playoffs this past season, the first time missing the playoffs since the 2007-08 season.

Yes, the Bulls dropped Hoiberg and Boss grabbed him before anyone even realized.

All over the state of Arizona fans are starting to get more intrigue with what their new General Manager has in stored. Is hope beginning to surface from the all the 'ride or die' Suns fans? With the NBA Draft coming up and a chance at drafting Che' King would make things perfect.

The Suns have the 3rd Overall pick and with the Draft Lottery coming up there's a good chance they could jump to 1st Overall.

If Jonathan Boss pulls off a miracle and is capable of drafting Che' King there's no where but up for the Phoenix Suns franchise.

Last edited by vicebeliever42; 04-14-2016 at 02:12 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:02 AM   #20
Pro

July 8th, 2016
10:11pmMST

US Airways Arena

Congratulations to the San Antonio Spurs who defeated a Lebron-less Cavs team in the NBA Finals, 4-2. Lebron suffered a High Ankle Sprain and could not play in the NBA Finals and as hard as the Cavaliers battled without him they were no match for the veteran Spurs and now 2x Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard (20.8ppg 6.3rpg 2.3apg 1.8bpg 50%FG in Finals). With the 6th Championship in franchise history and 2nd championship in the past 3 years San Antonio has put their name in the argument for one of the best franchises in NBA history. With that feeling accomplished it was time to hang it up for a 3x Finals MVP Mr. Fundamentals Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili as they announce their retirement.

While on that subject other notables have announced they're retirement from playing professional basketball as well including Kobe Bryant who already announced his retirement during the season, Kevin Garnett, Steve Nash, Paul Pierce, and Vince Carter. All arguably 1st ballot Hall of Famers the league and fans will definitely miss them. Also after spending 25 years coaching in the league Portland's Terry Stotts announces his retirement.

As you already know the Suns had an atrocious season finishing the season 16-66, 3rd worst in the league ahead of Philadelphia 76ers and Los Angeles Lakers. In the off season with Jonny Boss at the helm as the official General Manager now he had his sights on finding a head coach and the NBA Draft. Speaking of the NBA Draft the Draft Lottery was quite an experience actually before unveiling check out the order before the Lottery.

And now look below to see the official draft order.

The Wizards jumped from the 5th pick to the 3rd pick while The Magic jumped from the 7th pick to the 1st pick. This caused the 76ers to fall to the 2nd pick, the Lakers to the 4th, and the Suns to the 5th which is frustrating for Laker fans. Since the Lakers' pick was Top 3 protected and they fell outside the Top 3 this means their pick goes to Philadelphia giving them the 2nd and 4th Overall picks. Congratulations to the Orlando Magic organization for getting the 1st overall pick for the 4th time in franchise history. With a new draft order there's no telling who will go #1 overall but experts predict Kansas Forward Jabbar Wilson will go off the board first to the Magic.

With the NBA Draft tomorrow there is a lot of planning to be made for the Phoenix Suns. Falling to the 5th Overall pick is a thorn in their side as they were hoping to grab Che' King if they could get a pick before Philadelphia because it is obvious they are drafting him no matter what. Well as long as Orlando doesn't decide to surprise the league by drafting King. So with no chance to grab Che' King what direction will the Suns franchise go?

Boss is in his office joined by Gerald Mills, his Assistant GM and mentor, the Director of Scouting Don Carter, and new Head Coach of the Suns Fred Hoiberg having a meeting obviously about the Draft tomorrow. They been at this for newly 3 hours and still haven't come to a conclusion.

"Look we been at this forever let's just all decide to draft Laqua Palmer and go home," announced Mills.

"Once again I disagree on drafting Palmer. He has been injured 3 times in the past 2 years with one of those times being a torn ACL," stated Don Carter.

"That's why we got one of the best trainers in the league to counter this I assure you, kid, the reward is higher than the risk," countered Mills.

"I still think Kiante Oakman is an option. He doesn't have much upside as Rayshaud Hill but he'll fit well in my system. 3 and D guy who can lock down possibly 4 positions," pointed out Hoiberg.

"I actually agree with you, Fred. Palmer is such a risk and as much as I desire Hill Oakman is probably the safest pick," Jonny stated.

"Actually I feel that if we want to take a chance on the 5th pick we should draft the sophomore from Ohio State Malachi Robinson," Carter announced.

"Oh geez Malachi Robinson? Don, you're joking right? We might as well draft Jadar Choice from Mercer," Mills interrupts now irritated.

"Mills, look Robinson is a good option as well. He has the offensive game to make a difference on this team and with our new head coach at the helm he'll turn into something vicious. Right, coach?" added Jonny.

Hoiberg nods.

This discussion about who to draft at #5 have been going on for about an hour. They had options, they even threw out possibilities and hopefuls but they just couldn't come to a unanimous decision. Especially with stubborn Mills going all in on Laqua Palmer. Jonny concluded the meeting since it was obvious they weren't getting anywhere. As much as Jonny wanted to make draft choices as a team with his head coach, scouting director, and assistant GM this will not be the year this decision will be made as a team.

Jonny stays another 30 minutes after everyone leaves to do his research and make sure his decision doesn't backfire.

Last edited by vicebeliever42; 04-17-2016 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:50 AM   #21
Pro

NBA 2016 Mock Drafts

Before we get into the 2016 NBA Draft, let's take a look at what some of the numerous NBA draft experts are saying who will go where this year. There is no clear cut favorite to be drafted #1 overall but Che' King is arguably the best NBA Ready player in the draft. The excitement is buzzing for all fanbases since this is the chance for their team to turn things around with just drafting the right guy.

2k Sports:

#1. Orlando Magic: SG Che' King, Junior Georgetown
#2. Philadelphia76ers: PG Tavaris Leggett, Senior Nevada
#3. Washington Wizards: PF Jabbar Wilson, Junior Kansas
#4. Philadelphia 76ers: SG Jadar Choice, Junior Mercer
#5. Phoenix Suns: SF Kiante Oakman, Soph LSU
#6. Boston Celtics: SF Rayshaud Hill, Fresh Kentucky
#7. Los Angeles Clippers: PF Laqua Palmer, Soph Tennessee
#8. Minnesota Timberwolves: SG Jarius Johnson, Fresh North Carolina
#9. Utah Jazz SG Kregg Gibson, Senior Rice
#10. Milwaukee Bucks SG Calvin Drayton, Senior Oregon State
#11. Atlanta Hawks: PG Pernell Wells, Junior Washington
#12. New Orleans Pelicans: C Nikola Mazuranic, 19 yo, Croatia
#13. Portland Trailblazers: PG Asim Coskunian, 21 yo, Turkey
#14. Boston Celtics: PG Nick Donato, Senior Georgetown

Quite the mock draft by 2k Sports! Could the Magic go best player available instead of need by drafting King first? Rumor has it the Magic are looking to unload Victor Oladipo. The 76ers have the second and fourth picks and it's interesting that they would skip Wilson, Oakman, and Hill. Other than the Hawks drafting Pernell Wells being a head scratcher the rest of the lottery looks about right.

NBA.Com

#1. Orlando Magic: PF Jabbar Wilson, Junior Kansas
#2. Philadelphia76ers: SG Che' King, Junior Georgetown
#3. Washington Wizards: PF Laqua Palmer, Soph Tennessee
#4. Philadelphia 76ers: SF Kiante Oakman, Soph LSU
#5. Phoenix Suns: SF Rayshaud Hill, Fresh Kentucky
#6. Boston Celtics: SG Jadar Choice, Junior Mercer
#7. Los Angeles Clippers: SG Kregg Gibson, Senior Rice
#8. Minnesota Timberwolves: PF David White, Junior Illinois
#9. Utah Jazz PG Tavaris Leggett, Junior Nevada
#10. Milwaukee Bucks SG Calvin Drayton, Senior Oregon State
#11. Atlanta Hawks: SG Jarius Johnson, Fresh North Carolina
#12. New Orleans Pelicans: C Nikola Mazuranic, 19 yo, Croatia
#13. Portland Trailblazers: C Malachi Robinson, Soph Ohio State
#14. Boston Celtics: C Tashion Burns, Fresh Arizona State

This board has Wilson and King going #1 which would put the rumors about Victor Oladipo to bed. Philadelphia drafting King AND Oakman to pair with Okafor is mind blowing; future Big 3? With King, Wilson, Oakman, and Palmer off the board that would make Phoenix draft Hill since he will be the best player available. The Jazz drafting Leggett 9th makes a lot of sense since it looks like they won't be resigning Trey Burke and Dante Exum has been plagued by injuries. This mock is a little different from 2K Sports' mock but I agree with its entirety.

Draft Express:

#1. Orlando Magic: PF Jabbar Wilson, Junior Kansas
#2. Philadelphia76ers: SG Che' King, Junior Georgetown
#3. Washington Wizards: PF Laqua Palmer, Soph Tennessee
#4. Philadelphia 76ers: SF Kiante Oakman, Soph LSU
#5. Phoenix Suns: SF Rayshaud Hill, Fresh Kentucky
#6. Boston Celtics: PG Tavaris Leggett, Junior Nevada
#7. Los Angeles Clippers: SG Jadar Choice, Junior Mercer
#8. Minnesota Timberwolves: C Nikola Mazuranic, 19 yo Croatia
#9. Utah Jazz C Malachi Robinson, Soph Ohio State
#10. Milwaukee Bucks SG Jarius Johnson, Fresh North Carolina
#11. Atlanta Hawks: PG Pernell Wells, Junior Washington
#12. New Orleans Pelicans: C Rashad Davidson, Senior Alabama
#13. Portland Trailblazers: SG Calvin Drayton, Senior Oregon State
#14. Boston Celtics: C Tashion Burns, Fresh Arizona State

Interesting how Draft Express' mock and NBA.com's mock look very similar. Both have the same predictions for the first through fifth picks but it's obvious why those picks are similar King, Wilson, Oakman, Hill, and Palmer are the best players in this year's draft. Its the rest of the draft that's up in the air but it is mind boggling that they have the T'Wolves drafting Mazuranic 8th overall when Karl-Anthony Towns is looking like he will be one of best centers in the near future. Would they experiment with sliding KAT to the 4? Wells is drafted by the Hawks here as well. Do they know something we don't? Portland drafting Drayton 13th is a head scratcher as well, they already have CJ McCollum who won the Most Improved Player award. Interesting predictions Draft Express.

--------------------------------------

As mentioned in the first post of this thread all drafts will be fictional. These classes are not generated they were thoroughly planned out and created by the SimWorld team. These classes are THE BEST fictional draft classes to ever be created and if you wanna get in or just get more information on the players just click here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2016, 03:24 AM   #22
Pro

Tekkonkinkreet's Arena

OVR: 0

Very interesting read. Can't wait to see who you get in the draft.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:36 PM   #23
Pro

War Room/Barclays Center
Phoenix, AZ/Brooklyn, NY
July 9th, 2016 7:57pmEST

Jonny's hands were still sweating. He rubbed them on his pants legs as he paced back and forth in the war room. His eyes looked at the clock. Three minutes until the draft. They were still at an impasse.

This is the 2016 NBA Draft!

Everyone in the war room is pumped up and ready to get this draft over with.

In the war room you had of course Jonny and Mills, also new head coach Fred Hoiberg plus his assistant coaches, Director of Scouting Don Carter plus his scouts, plenty of other staff members, and Katherine who made a surprise visit to support the staff. They're all ecstatic and anxious to get this draft underway.

Jonny and Mills both being former members of the scouting department are no strangers to this event as they sat in a war room and was part of this process enough times to know what they're in for now. However, neither one actually was in charge during one of the most dramatic events of the offseason. Especially Jonny who worked late last night and worked earlier today just to know for sure who they should draft at #5. He's tired and nervous but he has enough confidence to know that he's ready for this and will not become one of the GMs who can't draft the right players. He and he alone knows who he has in mind to draft 5th overall.

Mills approaches Jonny and talks to him privately, "Kid, when are you gonna talk?"

Jonny looks at him confused, "What do you mean?"

"I'm okay with you not telling the others but you don't keep this to yourself this is important."

"Mills, what are you talking about?"

"The pick, kid, who do you plan to draft? You been hush hush about that since we got here."

Jonny looks out and scans the war room. He looks back at Mills and gives a small grin.

"Honestly, I have no clue, Mills."

Mills angry slammed his fist on the counter near them, "This is not a joke!"

Everyone in the war room reacts to Mills' outburst confused unaware of what's going on between him and Jonny.

Mills lowering his voice getting his composure together continues, "Kid, you know better."

"Mills, chill. Everything is under control. Just trust me."

"I heard that before..." Mills walks away.

"Everybody the Magic's pick is in!" announced Nelson.

Everyone in the war room silenced and gave their full undivided attention to the monitor waiting for NBA Commissioner Adam Silver to approach the podium to announce who the Orlando Magic is picking #1 overall.

Adam Silver walks from backstage and approaches the podium. The air was thick the crowd in attendance was quiet. The anticipation of finding out who was going #1 was murder. Everyone knew but no one was for sure besides the Orlando Magic and Adam Silver. Adam Silver looks out into the crowd smiling then looks at his note card.

Everyone in the Suns war room is holding their breath.

"With the number one overall pick the Orlando Magic select..."Adam Silver pauses then continues, "Rayshaud Hill, the Small Forward out of Kentucky. The Philadelphia 76ers are now on the clock."

The crowd roars while everyone in the Suns war room mouths dropped. Hill was thought to have the highest upside in the draft but few thought he would go first overall and yet the Magic threw a curve ball and are taking their chances on upside instead of best player available.

Jonny felt weak to his stomach. He was sure Hill would fall right on his lap but Magic was thinking the same thing he was thinking. As Philadelphia's clock wines down he grabbed himself a drink of water, took a slip, swallowed, smiles, then whispers to his self, "Nice pick, Orlando."

Mills knew how much Jonny liked Hill he took that into consideration as he announced sarcastically, "Well what do you know your guy went first, kid!"

Soon later Adam Silver returns to the podium and announce some not so surprising news. The Philadelphia 76ers have chosen Che' King at #2.

This was a no brainer the 76ers did everything known to man besides outright saying it out loud that they were drafting King with the 2nd pick. However with Washington picking next and both Jabbar Wilson and Laqua Palmer still on the board no one knows which direction the Wizards plan to go. The most NBA Ready power forward in the draft in Wilson or the power forward with the highest upside in Palmer; who's going 3rd?

"Will Washington pick your guy Palmer, Mills?" questioned Nelson.

The Wizards' pick was in. They chose Tavaris Leggett, the point guard out of Nevada, at 3rd overall.

"What just happened?" announced Jonny questioning the choice Washington made at #3.

Washington Wizards are in need of a power forward and instead of drafting one of the three best players available they grab a point guard who's no doubt gonna be playing behind John Wall for the start of his career. Is the Wizards planning on making a run for Blake Griffin who's looking at testing free agency this summer.

"So, Jonny, you finally gonna tell us who you want to draft now since Philadelphia is back on the clock again!" Mills shouted from across the room.

Jonny didn't respond actually he left the room for a couple of minutes.

Jonny was gone way to long time just ran out. The 76ers drafted Kiante Oakman out of LSU 4th overall.

The Phoenix Suns are on the clock.

Jonny walks back in the room and sees his staff arguing with each other. Pretty soon the staff starts taking turns yelling at him about drafting Laqua Palmer or Jabbar Wilson especially Mills. Jonny looked over at Katherine who was leaned against the back wall just watching on.

Jonny put his hand up and as his surrounding slowly silenced he spoke, "Neither is the right choice for us."

Everyone didn't know what to say or how to react. Jonny was speaking nonsense to them. The staff looked at each other then at the clock they're time was slowly declining. Mills stepped toward the TV and asked, "Kid, what did you do while you were out?"

Everyone gave their full undivided attention to the television as Adam Silver made his way to the podium. The war room was quiet as it ever could of been. The NBA Commissioner states that the Phoenix Suns traded the 5th overall pick to the Orlando Magic for the current 1st overall pick Rayshaud Hill. Phoenix and Orlando will swap future 1st round picks. Orlando Magic are now on the clock.

"I can assure you that this is the right thing for us," Jonny stated. Then he continued, "I gave them our 2018 1st round pick we got from Houston while in return got Orlando's 2018 1st round pick."

Out of nowhere Mills explodes, "Rayshaud Hill?! You're joking?! Laqua Palmer was right there sitting in the palm of our hands and you trade it away for Rayshaud Hill!"

"Didn't we just say he's a liability yesterday. Remember 3 injuries in the past 2 years, one of those being a torn ACL!" Jonny retaliates.

"We didn't even discuss drafting Hill yesterday! I swear if Hill is a bust I'm done with you!" Mills storms out slamming the door behind him.

Once Adam Silver announced to all those in attendance that the Orlando Magic were selecting the power forward out of Tennessee Laqua Palmer with the 5th pick the crowd cheered and inside the Suns war room there was a mixed reaction.

"I know I could be risking a lot here but Rayshaud was the player I planned to pick since I became General Manager here. No matter what get Rayshaud Hill I repeatedly reminded myself. Trust me, you guys, this is the right pick for us," Jonny stated.

The Orlando Magic drafts the power forward out of Tennessee Laqua Palmer 5th overall.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:46 PM   #24
Pro

This is your 2016 NBA Draft Recap:

1st Round:

#1 Orlando Magic: SF Rayshaud Hill
#2 Philadelphia 76ers: SG Che' King
#3 Washington Wizards: PG Tavaris Leggett
#4 Philadelphia 76ers via Lakers: SF Kiante Oakman
TRADE ALERT: Suns trade #5 pick and 2018 1st rounder (via Houston) to Magic for Rayshaud Hill and 2018 1st rounder.
#5 Orlando Magic via Phoenix: PF Laqua Palmer
#6 Boston Celtics via Brooklyn: PF Jabbar Wilson
#7 Los Angeles Clippers: SF Christian O'Leary
#8 Minnesota Timberwolves: SG Jadar Choice
#9 Utah Jazz: C Malachi Robinson
#10 Milwaukee Bucks: PF David White
#11 Atlanta Hawks: SF DeAndre Hollis
#12 New Orleans Pelicans: C Nikola Mazuranic
#13 Portland Trailblazers: PG Pernell Wells
#14 Boston Celtics: C Rashad Davidson
#15 Boston Celtics via Dallas: PG JaDamion DeVeaux
#16 Memphis Grizzlies: PF Zorka Voskovec
#17 Denver Nuggets: PF Tre'Von Burgess
#18 Charlotte Hornets: PG Asim Coskunian
TRADE ALERT: Pacers trade #19 pick and Rodney Stuckey for Nets' Brook Lopez.
#19 Brooklyn Nets via Indiana: SG Darius Porter
#20 Chicago Bulls: C Tashion Burns
#21 Sacramento Kings: SG Calvin Drayton
#22 Detroit Pistons: SF Domenico Baldini
#23 Toronto Raptors via New York: PG Dorian Blanks
#24 Denver Nuggets via Houston: SG Jarius Johnson
#25 Toronto Raptors: SF Teddy DeMarco
#26 Philadelphia 76ers via Miami: SG Ignacio Verdu
#27 Phoenix Suns via Cleveland: PF Aaron Reyes
#28 Philadelphia 76ers via OKC: PG Kameron Backus
#29 Golden State Warriors: SF Russell Powers
#30 San Antonio Spurs: PG Nick Donato

2nd round:

#1 Boston Celtics via Philadelphia: SF Rayan Harrak
#2 Los Angeles Lakers: PF Dontay Keane
#3 Phoenix Suns: C Jamie Hernandez
TRADE ALERT: Magic trade 2018 2nd rounder and Channing Frye to Clippers for #34 pick.
#4 Orlando Magic via Brooklyn: SG Allen Blake
#5 Atlanta Hawks via Washington: PF Martin Rey
#6 Cleveland Cavaliers via Clippers: C Demetric Brewer
#7 Orlando Magic: PG JaMarcus Knipp
#8 Boston Celtics via Minnesota: PG Harrison Anthony
#9 Utah Jazz: SG Kregg Gibson
#10 Milwaukee Bucks: SG K.D. Lee
#11 Atlanta Hawks: C Khari Jackson
#12 New Orleans Pelicans: SF Patrick Delorme
#13 Orlando Magic via Portland: C Anthony Coe
#14 Utah Jazz via Boston: PF Reggie Charles
#15 Boston Celtics via Dallas: SG Hakeem Goodman
#16 Dallas Mavericks via Memphis: SG Charles Sterling
#17 Philadelphia 76ers via Denver: SF Elijah Stanley
#18 Oklahoma City Thunder via Charlotte: SG Dominic LaSalle
#19 Indiana Pacers: PF Benny Arroyo
#20 Chicago Bulls: SF Cory Lynn
#21 Milwaukee Bucks via Sacramento: C Manuel Fernandez
#22 Detroit Pistons: SF Bruno Goncalves
#23 New York Knicks: PG Shane Henderson
#24 Minnesota Timberwolves via Houston: PG Benjamin Harper
#25 Memphis Grizzlies via Toronto: SG Timothy Sullivan
#26 Boston Celtics via Miami: C Daniel Glover
#27 Boston Celtics via Cleveland: C Sotiris Lecidis
#28 Oklahoma City Thunder: C Zoenek Krejcar
#29 Utah Jazz via Golden State: PG Aleksei Pirog
#30 Sacramento Kings via San Antonio: PF Corbin McGowans

--------------------------------------

As mentioned countless times in this thread all drafts will be fictional. These classes are not generated they were thoroughly planned out and created by the SimWorld team. These classes are THE BEST fictional draft classes to ever be created and if you wanna get in or just get more information on the players just click here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »