Home

The Legacy of Dale Norman - CH2k8 Legacy

This is a discussion on The Legacy of Dale Norman - CH2k8 Legacy within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2016, 05:18 PM   #9
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Legacy of Dale Norman - CH2k8 Legacy

Simulated Games Recap

The first game that we will be recapping is also the first time the Blackbirds, and Dale Norman got to play in their home gym. We were hoping it would work out for the better because they were 0-2 on the road so far, but it didn't go as planned. Nobody on the Blackbird roster could get any scoring going today, which has seemed to be a common theme in the early year. Dwon Wilson was the high scorer, but even he only had 10 points. Columbia was led by Power Forward Roscoe Minniefield who scored 16 on 4-10 shooting, but was 6-7 from the line. The Blackhawks drop the game 65-52.

The second game, again at home this time against Canisuis was a heart breaker in two ways. The Blackbird's lost the game on a buzzer beater, and Shooting Guard Dwon Harris strained his back. His return should be in 3 weeks. Now onto the game. The game was back and forth the entire time, with LIU being down two at the half. However they battled back in the second half, led by Center Gerrod Pritchard who had 18 points, 16 of which were in the second half. However, Canisuis had the better player today in Lionel Tsagarkis, the Small Forward out of France. Lionel had 27 points in the game, and buried the game winning three pointer to sink the Blackbirds to 0-4, and losing the game 78-77.

Game three was a road game, which also included the biggest challenge of the four simulated games. Saint John's is a tough place to play, and it was proven today. If this game was played 10 times, the series is probably split 5-5. However today Saint John's got the best winning 64-60. Nobody on Saint John's scored over 15 points which shows the kind of balanced attack that they put on LIU. LIU was led by Gerrod Pritchard once again who had 14 points and nine rebounds.

The fourth, and last game featured Hartford who came into the game 2-6, and the most winnable game of the four because it was being played on our home floor. The Blackbird's did not disappoint and they came out of the game with the first win of the year, and of Dale Norman's career. This was once again a low scoring game that the Blackbird's win 59-48. Gerrod Pritchard was the leading scorer for the third time this sim, and scored 14 again. He also added 7 rebounds.

With the end of this week that means it is now in-season signing week. We got a chance to catch up with coach Norman and asked him about the plans, and what he did this past week to prepare for signing week.

"We have four scholarship's available, and I have offered all four scholarships at this time. We are recruiting six kids, but I have chosen the four I think fit best with us. With two games this week the assistants and I could only have a total of four visits. We visited the four that we have offered. The highest rated, and highest target on our list is a Small Forward named Cleveland Curtis. He is a three star out of Queens, and is the 261st best player in the class. We are pushing really hard at hime."

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 02-06-2016, 05:34 PM   #10
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Recruiting Board

*Green background indicates LIU is the top school*
*Yellow background indicates LIU is a top three school*
*Pink background indicates LIU is a top ten school*
*Red background indicates recruit has signed elsewhere*

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 02-06-2016, 08:12 PM   #11
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Blackbirds drop 1st conference game

The out of conference season is over -- Oh wait, nevermind. For some reason when the league was making the schedule they decided it would be a good idea to put two random conference games in the middle of the non-conference schedule, so teams are not playing as well as they would be if it was "conference season."

Well that above statement was true today, for one of the teams. Unfortunately that team was the team we are all cheering for, the LIU Blackbirds. Once again the team failed to score points, which is what you need to do if you want to win ballgames. Today they only managed to score 58, which is 4 lower than their season average of 62.3.

Once again, the Blackbirds played with their opponent for the first half, in which they were only down ten. However the difference was the start of the second half in which Mount Saint Mary's went on a twelve point run putting them up 22. After that the game was over and they never looked back.

The Blackbirds have Farleigh Dickinson coming to town on Saturday for the other conference game, and Dale will be out recruiting on Friday.

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2016, 05:16 PM   #12
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

I'll get an update in either tonight or tomorrow night.

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 02-08-2016, 03:11 PM   #13
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Simulate Games Recap

Dale's thoughts: Team played great. It feels good to get our first conference win under our belt. That team isn't great, but we won. Lex played good, we have things to improve on.

Dale's thoughts: I was hoping we could win that game. New Hampshire is a good team, they have only lost one game this year. We were not clicking offensively tonight. If we are going to contend in this conference, even though this wasn't a conference game, that is going to require us scoring points.

Dale's thoughts: Another good opponent tonight, just like the last few games. We don't have any cupcakes on our schedule, and I like that. Childress played really good tonight, both shooting and passing. We need him to start playing every game like he did tonight, because we are only as good as our point guard will be.

Dale's Thoughts: Wow, that was just one hell of a game from Lex tonight. He hasn't shot that good all year, but I knew it was coming. Other teams had to know it too. He is an all-conference type player, and I feel like the game tonight is going to give him some confidence. Childress had himself another game too. I like the way were trending. Guys are looking forward to the little tournament down in Memphis now. Belmont is a good team, glad we get a shot at them.

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »