Home

Quinn Cook Legacy - CH2k8

This is a discussion on Quinn Cook Legacy - CH2k8 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2016, 01:19 PM   #1
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

OVR: 0
Quinn Cook Legacy - CH2k8

Howard has been looking for a new head coach after a brutal 2006-2007 campaign. The Bison finished 8-20 last season, and felt like it was time to turn the page. This page will begin with a new chapter, with Quinn Cook leading the way. Cook is a 26 year old, ex-ball player himself. Cook was a power forward at the college of Charleston where he finished wit career averages of 12.6 point per game, and 8.9 rebounds per game. After finished his career at Charleston he became a GA for 2 years, before going to be an assistant coach at Idaho for three years, and last year assisting under Bob Higgins at West Virginia.

Quinn Cook released an official statement on becoming the head coach:

"I am pleased to announce I have signed a three year deal with the University of Howard to become the men's basketball coach. I am thankful to Charleston, Idaho, and most importantly Bob Higgins who has put my name out there for helping this team become what it has. I will never forget my roots, and everyone I have meant along the way has played a major key into where I am now heading. It doesn't matter if it was playing, coaching on unsuccessful Idaho team's the first two year's, or helping implement Press Virginia this past year, everything I have learned will influence my coaching today."​

*I will be using updated rosters*

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2016, 01:20 PM   #2
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Re: Quinn Cook Legacy - CH2k8

Reserved for coach history

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 03-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #3
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 03-21-2016, 01:22 PM   #4
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Previewing the Howard Roster - 2006

Howard has a lot of returning player's from last year's roster led by a lot of juniors, and only one senior who will not receive much playing time. The Bison will try to keep the game at a slow pace, and focus on defense. We know they will press a lot, and try to force the other team to play at their speed. Here is a breakdown of this year's roster.

PG - Jr. Keon Hill - Keon is not an offensive minded player, in fact he won't put up very many points at all. He will guard the opponent's best guard, and is very quick. Cannot shoot the ball at all.
SG - Jr. James Daniel - James Daniel is the best player on the roster by far. He can shoot the mid-range, and is developing a three point shot. He can get to the rim too.
SF - Jr. Damon Collins - Collins is a player that won't score much, but when he does it is by posting up. He can step out as far as 15 feet, but won't hit many 3's.
PF - Jr. Solomon Mangam - Solomon is a stretch four. You won't see him posting up very often as he will be standing out by the 3 point line. He is also a good rebounder.
C - Jr. Marcel Boyd - Boyd is a post up center that will be taking on the opposition's best post on defense. He is the best rebounder on the team, and should be getting 10+ boards every game.

PF - Jr. Tyler Stone - Stone will be the six man for this team. He can't shoot very well either, but is just an all around average player.
SG - So. Dalingo Mingo - Dalingo Mingo has the coolest name on the team. He will be the first guard off the bench. Dalingo can shoot the midrange, and get to the hoop. He is also an above-average rebounder for a guard.
SG - Jr. Kofi Andoh - Kofi is a good inside scorer, and a tall 2 guard. He will spend time playing the 3, but isn't a real quick player so he has trouble on defense.
SF - Fr. Jalen Jones - Jones is an average freshman that will receive a few minutes a night. He won't provide much offense, and is bad at defense, but he is a okay athlete.
C - Sr. Oliver Ellison - Ellison is the only senior on the team, but won't get many minutes. When he does he will be a scorer inside, but won't do much else. ​

*You may now post. Will be playing first game tonight*

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 03-21-2016, 07:53 PM   #5
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

OVR: 7

i like the team choice, Good luck Coach
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2016, 08:55 PM   #6
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Howard steals first game from Duquesne

Howard squared off with Duquensne in their first game of the year. This was the opening game for both teams, but Howard was not the pick to win it. However, there is a reason these games are played on the court, not on paper.

Howard jumped to an early lead at the half, up 33-24 and never looked back. The press really slowed down the opposition, as it is planned to do. Duquesne was forced into 19 turnovers, which turned out to be costly.

With 15.5 seconds left in the game, it was tied at 56's, and Howard had just forced a turnover off of the trap. They ran the clock down to 4 seconds, with the ball in James Daniel's hands. He got a high screen from the center, and shot a 2 pointer from the left wing. Cash money. Ball game.

James led the team with 21 points on 6-11 shooting, and 3-4 from long distance.

Howard goes on to face a tough Virginia team next week. ​

*this game was simmed, played games will have a better recap*

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild

Last edited by milldaddy35; 03-21-2016 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:57 PM   #7
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccVols
i like the team choice, Good luck Coach
Thank you sir. I love reading your dynasty, it is great. You are one of the reasons I decided to start this up. I hope you enjoy!

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 03-22-2016, 10:57 AM   #8
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Would you guys rather see me play like 10 games a year and get thru more seasons or play all the games and get thru less seasons?

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »