Home

Returning to Glory: A Miami Heat Association (NBA 2K16)

This is a discussion on Returning to Glory: A Miami Heat Association (NBA 2K16) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2016, 03:33 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Returning to Glory: A Miami Heat Association (NBA 2K16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrky
Just caught up!! Great read. hope you continue this.
I plan to, for sure, as I really enjoy it. It'll be a lot of work to do 82+ games, but I'm in no rush (as I don't think I'm getting NBA 2K17 and have always wanted to do this).

I might add one wrinkle, the feedback you readers give might be used as "social media" and "media" chatter that affects the team. So long as it's within reason of course. No, "Trade LeBron! He only scored 29 points last night!"

Stay tuned.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:10 AM   #34
MVP

James leads Heat as new Big Three era starts with comfortable win

MIAMI -- LeBron James told the world he was returning to the Miami Heat this summer. Now, he put an emphatic exclamation point on that statement.

The Heat (1-0) began the 2016 season with a comfortable 95-77 win over the Charlotte Hornets (0-1) to start the second 'Big Three' era in South Florida. James led the way in the victory at the American Airlines Arena, recording a near triple-double with 16 points, eight rebounds, and 10 assists.

James' all-around performance began with an incredible three-point play, as, after the Hornets won the tip, the veteran small forward stole a pass, ran the length of the court, made a contested lay-up, and drew a foul that resulted in him scoring again from the free-throw line.

"His play was what we all know he is capable of and what we grew accustomed to during his first stint here," said Heat coach Erik Spoelstra. "Honestly, emotions were running high for him, but it was as if he almost never left. He led on the court with his play and off it with his leadership. It's worth repeating: It feels like we are picking up where we left off."

Charlotte tried to keep it close and got solid contributions from Al Jefferson, who had a team-high 20 points, and Kemba Walker, who finished with 18. Still, it was not enough to beat star-studded Miami, especially since Michael Kidd-Gilchrist found himself in foul trouble throughout while Jeremy Lamb was Antartica cold from the field by going 0-10.

MIAMI HEAT
Chris Bosh 22 pts 5 reb 4 ast
Dwyane Wade 18 pts 5 reb 7 ast
LeBron James 16 pts 8 reb 10 ast
Mario Chalmers 12 pts 5 ast
Hassan Whiteside 10 pts 11 reb 6 blks

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS
Al Jefferson 20 pts 7 rebs
Kemba Walker 18 pts 8 ast
Nicolas Batum 13 pts 4 rebs
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 4 pts 2 rebs 4 fouls 19 mins
Jeremy Lamb 2 pts 4 rebs 0-10 fg 30 mins

Last edited by PeruvianPlaya954; 07-12-2016 at 01:18 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:33 AM   #35
MVP

James expects 'emotional' meeting with Cavs

MIAMI -- There were emotions and cheers in the season opener. Emotions will remain for the next game, but the cheers probably won't.

After a triumphant return with the Miami Heat (1-0), LeBron James returns to Cleveland to take on the Cavaliers (0-2) in the second game of the 2015-16 season. The inevitability of playing his old team comes quick, and it will not be an easy night for James.

"Looking at the schedule in the summer, I knew this game was coming rather quickly," said James after practice. "I expect the fans to be unhappy with me and yell things after leaving again, but, like I said before, I tried to give them everything I could when I was a member of the franchise. This will be an emotional night for me, but my goal is to help the Heat win."

James later took to his Twitter account to iterate a similar statement.

"Heading back to the city that holds a special place in my heart. Looking forward to the challenge. It'll be emotional, for the fans and me," wrote James.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2016, 03:19 PM   #36
MVP

James' playmaking down stretch pushes Heat past Cavs

CLEVELAND -- If the boos for LeBron James were ear-splitting at the start of the game, they were downright deafening at the end.

James helped the Miami Heat overcome the Cleveland Cavaliers, 107-100, in his first game at Quicken Loans Arena since his second departure from the Ohio club this summer. An inspired James played through jeers and some cheers to post a near triple-double with 25 points, seven rebounds, and eight assists.

It was a close, back-and-forth affair as the Cavaliers (0-3) fed off their rambunctious sold-out crowd. Kyrie Irving finished with 25 points and eight assists, and Kevin Love and summer signing Gerald Green added 20 a piece.

That was not enough to upend the Heat (2-0), however. James created separation on the scoreboard in the fourth quarter when he beat doubleteams by finding teammates like Ray Allen and Hassan Whiteside for open looks.

"It was a real battle out there, and the crowd was intense and great for them obviously," said James, who came out flying with four dunks in the opening quarter. "In the end, I was able to make some plays to help us win an emotional game. I enjoyed being back in my old home, but now it's time to look forward."

Miami coach Erik Spoelstra also helped the Heat win this one, as he put Dwyane Wade on Irving in the final two minutes of the game. After a poor first quarter, Irving could not be stopped by the Heat's point guards, but Wade made things difficult and helped keep him in check down the stretch.

MIAMI HEAT
LeBron James 25 pts 7 reb 8 ast
Chris Bosh 22 pts 5 reb 3 blks
Dwyane Wade 17 pts 13 ast
Hassan Whiteside 12 pts 11 reb
Mario Chalmers 7 pts 6 ast

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS
Kyrie Irving 25 pts 8 ast
Gerald Green 20 pts
Kevin Love 20 pts 6 reb 5 ast
Timofey Mozgov 11 pts 11 reb
Forced 15 turnovers
Old 07-16-2016, 07:05 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrky
Just caught up!! Great read. hope you continue this.
Thanks. Hoping to post quite a bit in the coming two weeks since I have some time off from work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »