Home

Taking back Madison - New York Knicks - (2K16)

This is a discussion on Taking back Madison - New York Knicks - (2K16) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2016, 05:45 PM   #1
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Taking back Madison - New York Knicks - (2K16)

Taking back Madison

The bright lights of the big city. Two championships from the seventies and all the power that comes from being the longest tenured representative of the Empire City. The New York Knicks history has been filled with legends, but so many near misses, off shoots and failures that it's almost become a mockery in the Square Garden. Recent sensations such as Linsanity has brought life back to these fabled grounds, and the addition of Phil Jackson was sought out to turn this program into the powerhouse that everyone thought it'd be.

Yet after the failure of his first head coach, the tides have turned, the once Mighty Knicks hold just a 9-21 record in the playoffs this millennium and have only broken bast the first round once. (This not including the 1999-2000 season). Something has to give for this team, the star power of the Big City has brought a power house in baseball in the form of the Yankees with the Mets rising now, in football the Giants and Jets both have solid histories, with the Giants have a somewhat recent (past decade) championship. The outlier is ironically one of the best known, the Knickerbockers.

Tale of the Tape:
Difficulty All-Star
Sliders Constantly Changing
32 Team Control to influence signing logic and to veto some trades
Will play 1 of every weekly game, exception will be 2 divisional games for a total of 34 games played per year. I may raise this, but this way teambuilding will be just as important as skill.
For Playoffs I can only play home games (a la Home Court Advantage)
This will be starting in the 2015-16 offseason

Last edited by K0ZZ; 03-30-2016 at 05:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 06:22 PM   #2
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Taking back Madison - New York Knicks - (2K16)

I'm game. The Knicks have been a huge disappointment this millennium, so I'd like to see them win something in the next decade or so. The NBA doesn't have a real power on the East Coast at the moment -- the Knicks and Nets are at the bottom, and the Celtics are solidly good but not great.

Been watching a lot of classic NBA games of late (many featuring the 90s era Knicks) and I miss it when the Knicks were good, so I'm looking forward to this.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:54 PM   #3
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
I'm game. The Knicks have been a huge disappointment this millennium, so I'd like to see them win something in the next decade or so. The NBA doesn't have a real power on the East Coast at the moment -- the Knicks and Nets are at the bottom, and the Celtics are solidly good but not great.

Been watching a lot of classic NBA games of late (many featuring the 90s era Knicks) and I miss it when the Knicks were good, so I'm looking forward to this.
I've never used the Knicks as my team before, so it'll definitely be something new for me to try out and trying to give Phil Jackson his third dynasty would be a huge feat! There's a lot of work to do though!
Old 03-30-2016, 07:22 PM   #4
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

76ers ride first half winning streak into big Trade Deadline deal

Carmelo Anthony left Denver for the bright lights of New York City, he will now make a small move south as he moves to the land of Liberty in Philadelphia after he officially waived his no trade clause to spur on a new era of Knicks basketball. Many considered Anthony to be a layover, one that would be a huge impediment to have this team compete for free agents it so desperately needs.

This after the city lauded his and Amare Stoudamire's landings, the league even ushering in a new era of Knicks Basketball that would skyrocket them up the standings. It wasn't meant to be however. Amare Stoudamire was a shell of himself for the Knicks and was ultimately the first of the star signings to leave, with many expecting Anthony to retire as a Knick after spurring the Chicago Bulls in his last free agency bid.

Things changed when Rhett Brown of the 76ers called after his team and the Knicks had a mutual interest in a deal. The deal would free up a lot of cap space for the Knicks while the 76ers ate up the huge cap hit that Anthony brought. The 76ers had a strong start to their season and could compete for a playoff spot which saw them become buyers.

Their sought after possession? The Los Angeles Lakers first round draft pick. The Lakers are off to a bad start and the value of the pick continued to climb, the deal was easily made, with the 76ers sending Ish Smith to the Knicks as the lone player the Knicks received. Ish is expected to leave for free agency as he has stated earlier in the year he'd be interested in testing his value, but the Knicks could keep the young guard around with the sudden amount of cap space they have, especially if it turns out being a weak free agency season.

Carmelo Anthony was averaging 19.9 PPG, with 6.7 RPG through the first part of the season and slots into a very young line up with a core that could be set to explode, while Anthony can ride off into the sunset given his aging career.

"This puts me in an opportunity to win a championship. I appreciate all the years I've had with the Knicks and I am saddened by the lack of championship basketball that was brought on, I wish nothing but the best for them."

Phil Jackson got mixed reviews for the deal, the Knicks are .500 moving into the All-Star Break, and while they didn't have much positives they were fighting for an eight or seven seed, while this trade will likely see them fall hard without a player remotely on par with Carmelo Anthony to take over. While he got a good haul, a high pick in this years loaded draft coupled with a young talented point guard that can be a decent to good starter if he chooses to stay.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:29 PM   #5
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Had to happen. Melo will definitely be traded before the 2017 deadline (calling it). The Knicks need to move on and so does he.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 09:14 PM   #6
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

Quote:
Had to happen. Melo will definitely be traded before the 2017 deadline (calling it). The Knicks need to move on and so does he.
Definitely, gives Phil the chance to get all of his own guys in! Build around Porzingis and hopefully a Ben Simmons or Buddy Hield.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:05 PM   #7
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0ZZ
Definitely, gives Phil the chance to get all of his own guys in! Build around Porzingis and hopefully a Ben Simmons or Buddy Hield.
Yeah, that Melo trade was much needed. If anything, you should aim for a PG but this draft is a bit iffy on them, there's not a standout one I can think of off the top of my head.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:13 PM   #8
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, that Melo trade was much needed. If anything, you should aim for a PG but this draft is a bit iffy on them, there's not a standout one I can think of off the top of my head.
Yeah, Ish Smith may hang around on a one year deal so the point guard slot could get carried over. I don't think there is a big one in FA this season but I could be wrong, the team has holes all over aside from PF, definitely a big rebuild needed, but with two high ones, definitely can make a dent, and moving Carmelo gives a whole lot of cap space, especially with a lot of the team can be turned over this offseason to open up 16-17 with a new core built around Porzingis!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »