Home

Coach Goodrich (NBA 2K16)

This is a discussion on Coach Goodrich (NBA 2K16) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2016, 06:15 PM   #1
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Coach Goodrich (NBA 2K16)

Haven't posted in the basketball section in quite awhile... Some of you guys may remember my past projects through last gen in which I profiled individual players through narrative, taking them from high school to CH2K8 with the ultimate goal of reaching the NBA. Now here I am with a new project headlining an idea I've yet to see from anyone else.

I'll be taking on the identity of a generated 2k coach. Just think of CH2K8 or NCAA Football, it's the same idea except this is the NBA. I've tinkered my settings to where I control only what coaches control (e.g. lineups, minutes) while everything else is controlled by the CPU, or in this case, the general manager.

To sum it up, this MyLEAGUE will be done from a completely different prospective. Possibilities arise of me being fired, receiving promotions, demotions, or even having one of my key players traded without my digression, etc... who knows what can happen when the CPU controls your fate?

Alright, now on to the vitals:

Game: NBA 2K16
Rosters: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-xbox-one.html
Sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-profiles.html
Draft Class: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-xbox-one.html

Obviously want to send a shout out to the entire SimWorld Team. I’ll be rocking with their fictional roster for storyline purposes as well as to create a fresh, new experience that’ll eliminate most bias frustrations that come with playing with 2k. In addition I’ve gone through and replaced all the NBA head coaches with fellow fictionals to again create an entirely new league (even though they may be replaced again with actual coaches).

That being said, I’ll try to jump into this soon. My first post will unveil the team I’m playing with along with a little twist that’ll setup the storyline right from the get go. Format wise I'll be mixing in both narratives and formal articles, recaps, etc.

Stay tuned!!! Thanks for checking this out.

Last edited by beast10; 06-09-2016 at 04:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2016, 06:16 PM   #2
All Star

beast10's Arena

Table of Contents

Archives

Last edited by beast10; 06-10-2016 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:16 PM   #3
All Star

beast10's Arena

Michael Goodrich Coaching History

Michael Goodrich

Michael Keith Goodrich

Born: February 8th, 1966 in Savannah, Georgia
High School: Savannah
College: Florida A&M

• January 27, 2016: Named Interim Coach by the Milwaukee Bucks

Last edited by beast10; 06-09-2016 at 06:49 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:17 PM   #4
All Star

beast10's Arena

Team & League History

Team & League History

Last edited by beast10; 06-09-2016 at 04:29 AM.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:12 AM   #5
All Star

beast10's Arena

Bucks fire head coach Ethan Schroeder; Michael Goodrich to serve as interim

Bucks fire head coach Ethan Schroeder; Michael Goodrich to serve as interim

Column Writer, Operation Sports | January 27, 2016

Schroeder, who was fired by the Bucks Tuesday, shown coaching in the team's previous loss against Orlando (Photo: beast10-Operation Sports)

MILWAUKEE – Bucks general manager Oliver Saunders had maintained through the team’s struggles that Ethan Schroeder would be his coach through the rest of the season.

On Tuesday morning, however, he fired Schroeder and replaced him with assistant coach Michael Goodrich for the rest of the season.

“It was a tough thing to do, relieving Schroder of his duties,” Saunders said Tuesday evening at BMO Harris Bradley Center. “I can’t say enough about him personally. Great guy to be around, knows his basketball like no other. But just like any other organization, we’re result-oriented and we felt it was time for change. Goodrich’s going to be our interim coach the remainder of this season.”

The Bucks have won only one of their past 22 games. At 11-36, they are only a win ahead of the league’s worst Boston Celtics.

“It’s rough, even when we’re in the rebuilding process,” Saunders said. “On one hand we’re trying to set ourselves up for the future, but then on the other hand we know we can’t just completely disregard what’s going on now. We were hopeful we could dig ourselves out of the hole.”

Saunders said the head coaching search would start at the season’s end.

“We’re behind Goodrich as he completes this season but we won’t readdress the long-term coaching situation until the postseason,” he said. “We’ve got a lot of problems. Obviously a lot of thought is going to go into our next decision.”

Also let go was head assistant Wyatt Zimmerman, appointing Joe Prunty as Goodrich’s go-to man on the sidelines.

The Bucks have struggled since Schroeder arrived in 2013 as a first-year head coach. Poor chemistry between the team’s key players contributed to a 20-62 record, the team’s second worst in franchise history, a season ago.

Goodrich is in his fifth year as an assistant with the Bucks. Prior to arriving in Milwaukee, Goodrich spent three years with the Knicks in his NBA debut coaching job following an 11-year stint at Florida A&M, where he played and graduated in 1987.

Last edited by beast10; 06-10-2016 at 04:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2016, 06:11 AM   #6
All Star

beast10's Arena

Bucks sign undrafted center Horace Lyon

Bucks sign undrafted center Horace Lyon

Column Writer, Operation Sports | January 27, 2016

(Photo: The Associated Press)
MILWAUKEE – The Bucks signed Horace Lyon on Wednesday, the team announced just hours following the firing of head coach Ethan Schroder.

Lyon, 21, averaged 7.4 points and 6.2 rebounds a game during his stint with the Winchester Knicks. His deal with the Bucks guarantees 1.3 million through the remainder of the season.

“Glad to be the newest addition to the Bucks organization,” Lyon wrote on Twitter.

Lyon starred at Florida Gulf Coast, leading them to the Sweet 16 in his senior season, but went unselected in this past draft due to numerous off-court altercations. The 6-foot-11 big becomes the Bucks’ only official center behind starter Nihat Kerimoglu who has been sidelined since opening week with a dislocated patella.

Should Lyon perform well, he could compete for meaningful minutes as Milwaukee currently hosts the league’s second worst total rebounding numbers.

Lyon has already reported to Milwaukee and participated in Wednesday's shootaround. He is expected to suit up for tomorrow's game against the Grizzlies.

Last edited by beast10; 06-10-2016 at 05:34 AM.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:59 PM   #7
All Star

beast10's Arena

Bucks falls to Memphis in Michael Goodrich's debut

Bucks fall to Memphis in Michael Goodrich's interim coaching debut

Column Writer, Operation Sports | January 28, 2016

(Photo: The Associated Press)

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Michael Goodrich made debut as interim coach for Bucks
  • Bucks now have lost 23 of their last 24 games
  • Memphis Grizzlies beat the Milwaukee Bucks 113-107 in overtime Wednesday night
MEMPHIS – The Memphis Grizzlies put the Milwaukee Bucks in the same kind of hole under Michael Goodrich they kept falling into under Ethan Schroder.

Zachary Grinnage had 27 points and 11 assists, Jennings added 17, and the Grizzlies defeated the fellow cellar-dweller Bucks in overtime 113-107 on Wednesday night in Milwaukee’s first game under Goodrich.

Grinnage, whose six made field goals were all three-pointers, missed the potential game-winner in regulation, sending the game into overtime. Ment Powers scored nine of his 14 points in the extra period to push the Grizzlies out of their two-game losing slump.

“Obviously it’s a depressing time for us right now,” Bucks veteran Justin Washington said. “At this point we’re just trying to keep our focus, grow, and end the season on a higher note than where we started.”

Washington surged the Bucks’ dynamic backcourt with a game-high 28 points and 12 rebounds, complimenting guard Treyvon Dixon who had 27 points, six rebounds, and nine assists. Despite it, the Bucks’ trending defensive woes handed 44 free throw attempts to the Grizzlies, who knocked down 29.

“Getting that many shots at the line is always a plus. It makes the game a lot easier for us,” said Memphis' Grinnage, who connected on nine of his 10 free throw attempts.

Dixon left the game early with a bruised hip but returned to play 41 minutes before fouling out in overtime. Outside of the guard duo, Bucks’ forward Emmanuel Griffin was the only other double-digit scorer with 11 points and three rebounds.

Debuting in his first game with Milwaukee, center Horace Lyon added eight points, five rebounds, and a pair of blocks. Desi Richardson tallied eigh points as well, but also costed the team four turnovers.

The Bucks fired Schroder on Tuesday and appointed Goodrich the interim coach through the remainder of the season. Goodrich voiced his disappointment as Milwaukee fell in their sixth straight game and 23rd in the past 24 games.

Last edited by beast10; 06-10-2016 at 05:34 AM.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:52 AM   #8
All Star

beast10's Arena

Next Page...

Last edited by beast10; 06-10-2016 at 08:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »