Home

(Champion) 'Shipping Up To Boston'

This is a discussion on (Champion) 'Shipping Up To Boston' within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 11:50 AM   #41
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: (Champion) 'Shipping Up To Boston'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Yeah, Jaylen had by far his best and most efficient game of the season. I'm not great at using him, but in this game I did actually scored a lot of those points myself. Dallas came out with three PG's (Williams, Barea and Harris) and Jaylen was able to power through Harris to get to the rim. If he can develop an outside shot he could be a great player for me.
Primarily why I passed on him in my MyLeague, I'm not good at using him and my play style tends to prioritize the big man/guard pairing more than the SF. Trying to get better at it with my new SF, 2017's Josh Jackson, but SF is by far the position I play the worst with.

If Brown gets even an average outside shot, he could do some real damage in the NBA moving forward. How are the Nets doing so far? Got to be watching for that potential high-pick from them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 08:10 PM   #42
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Durant's 38 Points, 15 Boards, & 7 Dimes Leads Warriors Past C's in a Nail-biter

*sim, intervene at the start of the 4th

Durant and the Spash Brothers had their way with Boston toight despite a valiant effort from the Celtics squad. The C's fought Golden State tooth and nail until the end of the game and it ended with an unlikely hero for the Dubs. Boston took a 3 point lead with only 12 seconds left in the game and on the ensuing position Anderson Varejao, who was 0-7 from the field for the game, got the ball and was fouled. He made the front end of his free throw to tie the game up, then missed the back end and hit both to give Golden State a two point lead.

Boston had used all of their timeouts and were forced to go the length of the court with less and 4 second remaining. The in-bounds pass went to Avery Bradley who picked up the ball around half court, but couldn't get off a shot due to Klay Thompson tight defense.

Boston falls back to .500 for the year at 6-6 and have only beaten one opponent with a winning record (Charlotte at 7-4). The C's travel to Detroit tomorrow night and will look to get back on the winning track against a tough 9-4 Pistons team.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-28-2016, 08:22 PM   #43
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Primarily why I passed on him in my MyLeague, I'm not good at using him and my play style tends to prioritize the big man/guard pairing more than the SF. Trying to get better at it with my new SF, 2017's Josh Jackson, but SF is by far the position I play the worst with.

If Brown gets even an average outside shot, he could do some real damage in the NBA moving forward. How are the Nets doing so far? Got to be watching for that potential high-pick from them.
I used EmbraceThaPace's Josh Jackson in 2K16 and he played a lot like Brown now, although a bit better of a shooter. I prefer a scoring SF like my man Paul Pierce. However, in the past few years I've primarily used teams with defensive or slashing SF's. I used the Pels and Tyreke in 2k15, the Grizzlies with Tony Allen starting at SF last year and now I have Crowder and Brown. I wouldn't mind having more of a scorer, but with those two on such nice contracts it's going to be tough to get rid of them.

The Nets are 2-10 so far. There's currently five teams with only four wins, so it's a little to early to tell yet. I'm tempted to send Brook Lopez to a contender, but since he's really their only good player and I own the draft pick(s), then it's a conflict of interest in my favor. If it comes down to it, I will move him though. I'll get input from you guys in the Trade Thread before making that move though.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-28-2016, 08:30 PM   #44
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I used EmbraceThaPace's Josh Jackson in 2K16 and he played a lot like Brown now, although a bit better of a shooter. I prefer a scoring SF like my man Paul Pierce. However, in the past few years I've primarily used teams with defensive or slashing SF's. I used the Pels and Tyreke in 2k15, the Grizzlies with Tony Allen starting at SF last year and now I have Crowder and Brown. I wouldn't mind having more of a scorer, but with those two on such nice contracts it's going to be tough to get rid of them.

The Nets are 2-10 so far. There's currently five teams with only four wins, so it's a little to early to tell yet. I'm tempted to send Brook Lopez to a contender, but since he's really their only good player and I own the draft pick(s), then it's a conflict of interest in my favor. If it comes down to it, I will move him though. I'll get input from you guys in the Trade Thread before making that move though.
Man, if the Nets move on from Lopez they have to get a first back, minimum -- they cannot be horrible the next two years with you guys holding their picks. That's going to be a great discussion in the thread if you decide to pull that trigger.

As for Brown/Jackson and SFs in general, I hope he plays well for you. He's suffering badly in my MyLeague on the expansion Knights, but they tanked in 2016 and, as such, they were absolutely horrible. This year they've made some moves to be competitive, so I hope he gets good play. I like him on a personal level, he's kinda a throwback player and I can get behind that. Honestly think he'll be a late bloomer but when he does bloom, it'll be a sight to see.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:11 PM   #45
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Week 4-5 Update

11/19/16 - BOS @ DET
After the Warriors loss traveled to Detroit to take on the 7-4 Pistons and Andre Drummond and company were too much handing Boston their second straight loss, 92-89

Top Performers:
DET- Drummond (27 pts, 13, rebs, 2 blocks), Tobias Harris (13 points, 9 boards), Reggie Jackson (13 points, 8 assists).
BOS - Isaiah Thomas (28 pts, 5 assist), Jae Crowder (23 pts, 9 rebs, 3 steals).

11/21/16 - BOS @ MIN
Boston bounced back against Minnesota in what was Avery Bradley best game of the year, as he IT4 and Horford led the way against the T'Wolves IN THE 115-98 win.

Top Performers:
BOS - Thomas (30 pts, 6 assists, 5 rebs), Bradley (27 points), Horford (18 points, 11 rebs, 8 assists)
MIN - Wiggins (23 pts), Lavine (19 points), Dunn (17 pts, 4 rebs, 3 assist, 3 steals), Towns (16 pts, 15 rebs, 3 blocks).

11/23/16 - BOS @ BRK
Next the team traveled to Brooklyn to take on the lowly Nets and ended up get shocked by a scrappy Brooklyn team, 105-100.

Top Performers:
BRK - Bodganovic (24 pts, 8 reb, 2 steals), Lopez (17 pts, 7 rebs, 2 blocks), Lin (16 pts, 13 assists, 2 steals)
BOS - Horford (24 pts, 9 boards, 4 assists), Thomas (24 pts, 7 assists

11/25/16 - SA @ BOS

San Antonio Out Works Boston for the 115-105 Win

San Antonio came into Beantown and just shot the lights out against the C's. It was a total team effort for the Spurs. When Boston focused on stopping Aldridge and Gasol, they would kick it out for Green. When the focused on stopping Green, they would go back inside to their big's. Then you had Leonard and Ginobili taking over when needed. Defensively Boston really didn't have an answer for any of it. Boston is now 7-9 and it's obvious that the team has a lot to work on if they want to live up to their preseason hype. They will look to bounce back against the Heat in Miami on Tuesday.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 10:49 PM   #46
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Tough stretch so far. The Spurs ate you alive in the paint -- 54 points, goodness San Antonio, I didn't know you still had that in you. And then the Nets! Pride? I imagine Sean Marks offered them a big bonus for every game they win against you guys this year.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:49 PM   #47
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Boston Escapes South Beach With a Huge Win

11/28/16

IT4 had his most dominate game of the season, however when the were down 1 with 5 seconds left Avery Bradley was the one who took the shot and gave his team the walk off win. Most of the team really struggled and thanks to IT4's big game and Bradley heroics the team broke their two game losing streak. Bosh, Whiteside and Dragic all had nice games, but couldn't hang on for the win at the end.

11/30/16 - DET vs BOS

In their final game of November Boston welcomed one of the hottest teams in the East and a team they had lost to just two week prior in the Detroit Pistons. This game was a different story as Boston took an early first quarter lead and never looked back. Once again IT4 and Horford lead the way with very strong performances. The team is now back up to .500 at 9-9 and on a two game winning streak. The will look to continue this momentum as the head into the month of December.

Top Performers:
BOS - Horford (32 pts, 10 rebs, 5 assists, 4 steals), Thomas (28 pts, 4 rebs. 3 assists, 3 steals), Smart (10 pts, 6 assists, 3 steals, 3 boards)
DET - Morris (24 pts, 7 rebs), Drummond (18 pts, 15 reb), Jackson (15 pts, 12 assists)

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-01-2016, 10:59 PM   #48
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Standings Through 11/30/16

East

West

Injury Report

Rookie Report

Players of the Month
East - Jimmy Butler
West - Russell Westrook

Rookies of the Month
East - Ben Simmons
West - Kris Dunn

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 10-01-2016 at 11:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »