Home

(Champion) 'Shipping Up To Boston'

This is a discussion on (Champion) 'Shipping Up To Boston' within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 11:17 PM   #49
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: (Champion) 'Shipping Up To Boston'

Team Stats (Through 11/30)

Boston Celtics Stats - 16-17
PlayerGPMINPPGRPGAPGSPGBPGTPGFPG
Thomas 1432.323.42.75.51.303.1.462
Horford1831.819.99.23.41.31.21.7.471
Bradley1826.7122.12.11.6.21.6.404
Rozier518.210.824.4.402.2.4
Smart1823.49.43.34.41.2.11.6.445
Crowder1830.28.84.11.41.3.51.2.425
Johnson1825.98.391.6.61.4.5.593
Olynyk1819.27.64.81.6.4.6.7.429
Brown1817.66.42.12.41.9.4.3.412
Green1815.85.71.41.2.3.1.7.474
Jerebko1818.15.55.6.9.4.3.4.369
Zeller29.534.50.5.50.375
Mickey11000000.0
Huntern/a
Youngn/a

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-01-2016, 11:34 PM   #50
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Tough stretch so far. The Spurs ate you alive in the paint -- 54 points, goodness San Antonio, I didn't know you still had that in you. And then the Nets! Pride? I imagine Sean Marks offered them a big bonus for every game they win against you guys this year.
Both of those was on one of the nights between when the patch dropped, but before the update. I shouldn't have played on those nights.
Oh well, it's a long season and there's a lot of parity in the East (in the West as well). I'm sure I can overcome it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note as you guys can see I decided to switch things up a little bit by just doing one line write ups and top performers for games that I don't play (although I did intervene in some of those games). I want to settle on a format and stay with it, so my question to you is do you like seeing the stats/box scores for all games or is a top performers thing fine? I just thought maybe seeing stats after stats might get boring, but I don't mind posting them for all games.

Also, is there anything else that you want to see? Mainly I'm just posting team scores after each game and month end updates with standing, injuries, etc. Should I change that to semi-monthly? I plan on doing more stuff like Power Rankings and a Buyers/Sellers type things once I get deeper into the season. If there's anything else you want to see just let me know. I'm a rookie at this, so I'll take any constructive criticism.

Last thing with so much parity I haven't felt the need to make any moves yet, but things should get more interesting once teams start wheeling and dealing. I'll take any suggestions on team moves also, if anyone wants to make a suggestion for their favorite team.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-02-2016, 12:04 AM   #51
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Both of those was on one of the nights between when the patch dropped, but before the update. I shouldn't have played on those nights.
Oh well, it's a long season and there's a lot of parity in the East (in the West as well). I'm sure I can overcome it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note as you guys can see I decided to switch things up a little bit by just doing one line write ups and top performers for games that I don't play (although I did intervene in some of those games). I want to settle on a format and stay with it, so my question to you is do you like seeing the stats/box scores for all games or is a top performers thing fine? I just thought maybe seeing stats after stats might get boring, but I don't mind posting them for all games.

Also, is there anything else that you want to see? Mainly I'm just posting team scores after each game and month end updates with standing, injuries, etc. Should I change that to semi-monthly? I plan on doing more stuff like Power Rankings and a Buyers/Sellers type things once I get deeper into the season. If there's anything else you want to see just let me know. I'm a rookie at this, so I'll take any constructive criticism.

Last thing with so much parity I haven't felt the need to make any moves yet, but things should get more interesting once teams start wheeling and dealing. I'll take any suggestions on team moves also, if anyone wants to make a suggestion for their favorite team.
Good questions. My very first one was the Hornets one I did, and something that has added to my enjoyment (and I enjoyed when reading other people's dynasties) is feeling a sense of what the storylines are around the the league. There are different ways to do that, but that could be cool.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 09:38 AM   #52
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480

The top-performers thing is fine, whichever is easiest for you. I tend to prefer box scores, just as it gives me an idea of what happened in the game and what players did well in relation to one another, but I'm a stats nerd.

As for the month end stuff, the way you're doing it is fine. If anything, I'd like to see more news about the rest of the league -- there's obviously the storyline with the Nets, but how are the Lakers adjusting to Walton? The Warriors with Durant? The Bulls with Rondo and Wade?

It doesn't have to be indepth, it can be two sentences, but there are always surprise teams every season and disappointing teams every season, so I'd like to see a little more about them.

On the trade front, I don't have any one person I'm singling out on your squad for the problems, but with the glut of guards you have, trading one of them *might* be beneficial. As always, the trade market will determine how plausible that is.

Overall I'm enjoying it this; the season is turning out tougher than initially thought, at least in the beginning, and I'm intrigued to see how it plays out.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:21 PM   #53
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Boogie's Otherworldly Performance Leads Sacramento Past Boston

December 2nd, 2016

Boston's "Big Two" Best the Young 76ers

December 3rd, 2016

Harden Post Triple-Double in Win Against Celtics

December 5th, 2016

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-02-2016, 10:33 PM   #54
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Five Things to Watch For

We're around six weeks in to the 16/17 Season, so let's a look at some stories to keep your eye on as we head into mid-December.

1) League Parity
As of December 6th there are thirteen teams that are within two games of being .500 (seven teams in the East and six teams in the West). It's still early, but many think that outside of the big three teams (Cleveland, Golden State, San Antonio) the league has never been on such a level play field.

2) Teams off to Disappointing Starts
The following teams battled in the 15/16 season and ended up in a four way tie for third place. Each of them are off to slow starts this season and it will be interesting to see if any of them can get back to their prior years form before putting themselves in to big of a hole.

Boston Celtics - Boston finished 5th and added the coveted Al Horford in the offseason. Horford has played well, but their defense and role players have left a lot to be desired. Now they're 10-11 and in 7th Place.

Atlanta Hawks
- Atlanta finished 4th last season. They lost Horford, but picked up Dwight Howard in his place. They are currently 10-12 and tied for 8th place in the East.

Charlotte Hornets - The Hornets and finished in 6th place and kept most of their core together with the exception of Jeremy Lin. They're currently 9-11 and tied for 8th place.

Miami Heat - Miami lost their longtime superstar Dwayne Wade in the offseason, but with a core of Bosh, Dragic and Whiteside their fans expected them to bounce back. That isn't the case this year as the team has struggled and is only 9-11, also tied for 8th place in the East.

3) Surprising Teams
The Detroit Pistons (15-7) - Detroit is currently lead the East by half a game over the Cavaliers. Coach Stan Van Gundy kept his 15/16 starting unit intact from and their continuity is paying dividends. Andre Drummond (21.5 points, 13.6 rebounds, 1.8 blocks) and Reggie Jackson (21 points, 8.8 assists, 3.4 rebounds, 1.4 steals) are both having career years. They will need to keep it up to hold off Lebron and the Cavs.

Orlando Magic (13-8) - Orlando only won 35 games a year ago, they haven't made the playoffs in four years and haven;t won a playoff series in six years.. They received some criticism in the offseason for trading away their 1st Round pick for Serge Ibaka who only has one year left on his contract. However, no one is thinking about that right now because the team is off to a hot start and is in 3rd place in the East. A good showing this year could go along way in getting Ibaka to stay, as well as keeping their young talent around.

4) The Big Three - Teams Edition
Golden State (14-6 2nd in the West), Cleveland (13-6, 2nd in the East) and maybe San Antonio (15-5 1st in the West)... those were the three teams that may NBA pundits believed have a chance to win the NBA Championship this season. The other 27 teams are basically playing for 3rd/4th or worse.

These teams are around the top their conferences, however none of them are lighting the league on fire like many though... Needless to say this NBA season is still wide open, although everyone knows these teams in teams will be on another level in April, so take their current records with a grain of salt.

5) The Sacramento Kings
This might as well be referred to "Boogie Watch 2016". It's no secret that DeMarcus has had a tumultuous relationship with the Kings Front Office in his time there. He wants to win, he's has public disputes with past coaches, he's publicly criticized their drafts. He says the right things when asked about the team, but sometimes actions are louder than words.

The team is off to another slow start, 8-13 and tied for last place in the West. However, once again DeMarcus has played well average 22.4 points, 13.4 rebounds, 5 assists and 2.4 blocks. He only has one more year left on his contract after this season and many are beginning to wonder (even more) if now is the time to get something for him while the still have leverage.

Rudy Gay is another player who has said that he wants out of Sacremento. He has a 14.26M player option next year and the odds of him staring are slim to none. His unhappiness coupled with their losing ways should guarantee that he will be on the move before the trade deadline.

Lastly, Sacramento has a glut of big men right now and many aren't seeing any playing time. 1st Round Draft Picks Georgios Papagiannis and Skal Labissiere have a total of two minutes played (both my Papagiannis). Even odder is that the team has decided to go with Kosta Koufos and Anthony Tolliver over WCS. WCS saw 21.6 mpg as a rookie and hasn't seen any action in 16/17. Perhaps he has an undisclosed injury or is in Joerger dog house. Either way we expect Sacramento to move someone before the deadline. It could be Boogie or it could be Koufos either way they need to see what they have in some of these young guys.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-03-2016, 12:00 PM   #55
Rookie

you should try and see if you can snag boogie from the kings. He's a legitimate target for the Celtics in real life, possibly in the game too. He would cement your team as a contender in the East.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 01:35 PM   #56
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazershow
you should try and see if you can snag boogie from the kings. He's a legitimate target for the Celtics in real life, possibly in the game too. He would cement your team as a contender in the East.
^I had Boston do that in my Sonics dynasty last year and it led to nothing but misery for them. 3 years straight finishing between 35-38 wins and outside the playoffs. I think Boogie is cursed, don't do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »