Home

The Cincinnati Lions: a 2KTale

This is a discussion on The Cincinnati Lions: a 2KTale within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2016, 09:55 PM   #9
Rookie

JuiceboxCA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Cincinnati Lions: a 2KTale

Lions Make Moves In Multiple Trades

Looks like we can't trust anything the GM says. After Brandon Jennings practically gave the ball to the competition throughout the team's first five games, the Lions have shaken things up via two trades.

Bulls Receive: Brandon Jennings (PG, 75)
Lions Receive: Doug McDermott (SF, 74) and Paul Zisper (SG, 68)

Despite suffering the Lions' first ever win, the Bulls were down to do business after realizing this whole Rondo / Butler / Wade thing has flaws. Looking for a PG and attempting to solve a logjam at the wing spots, Chicago was all too happy to offer McDermott and Zisper (a little known 6'8" SG from Germany just teeming with potential) in exchange for Jennings. For the Lions, this meant a legitimate (or somewhat legitimate?) scoring threat in the second unit behind Thabo.

Of course, that left an opening at the back-up PG. To rectify that, Cincinnati gave Indiana a call.

Pacers receive: Jordan McRae (SG, 70), 2018 2nd Round Pick
Lions receive: Joseph Young (PG, 71) and Jeremy Evans (PF, 67)

While the team enjoyed McRae's athleticism and potential, Young's ability to run an offense was the perfect yin to Jenning's yang. He'll see time immediately with the second unit.

Season 1 Updates

Last edited by JuiceboxCA; 10-04-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:14 PM   #10
Rookie

JuiceboxCA's Arena

The Golden State Massacre

Listen, we all knew the Warriors would be great. We all knew the Death Star line-up would be essentially unguaradable. And on top of that, we knew that the Lions, a first-season expansion team, would have a difficult time acclimating to the NBA.

But we didn't know it would be this bad.

The Lions managed a decent 64 points, which certainly feels in range... until you realize that Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Kevin Durant combined for 72. And that those 3 only scored a little more than half of their team's points.

That's right. The Warriors put up 136. That's a 72-point margin, making the game the most lop-sided loss in NBA History (previous record: the '91 Cavs' 68-point beatdown of the Bulls).

This was following a 40-point night from James Harden & his Rockets. Things are gloomy in Cincinnati, who sit at 2-5 with their tails between their legs.

Season 1 Updates

Last edited by JuiceboxCA; 10-04-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:57 PM   #11
Rookie

are the Cincinnati lions a pre build team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 11:06 PM   #12
Rookie

JuiceboxCA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool667
are the Cincinnati lions a pre build team
Yes, although I updated the jerseys.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:29 PM   #13
Rookie

JuiceboxCA's Arena

While the L's have been piling up in Cincinnati, there's been a surprise in the Western Conference: the expansion San Diego Surf. After 12 games, the team's in 6th place out west, outperforming the Jazz, Rockets, and T-Wolves in the playoff race.

As another expansion team, the Lions have begrudgingly noticed their success, circling the date on their calendar. This is a pride game.

It was a PG-on-PG battle from the get-go, with Deron Williams (18 points) and Shaun Livingston (16 points, 8 assists) seemingly playing 1-on-1. In the end, Shauny found his buddypal Ezeli for enough dunks to embarrass San Diego's front court and seal the victory. LIONS WIN!

(not that 3-7 is anything worth writing home about...)

Season 1 Updates

Last edited by JuiceboxCA; 10-08-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:02 AM   #14
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Goodness gracious that was a rough loss to the Warriors! And definitely surprising to see the Surf at 6th in the West.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:44 AM   #15
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Man, I really think the Surf might have the worst uniforms in the NBA. That side striping ... oh my.

As to the Lions, rough loss to the Warriors -- like, really rough -- but year one is like that. Good trade for Mighty Joe Young, he's going to do good things for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 09:49 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Man, I really think the Surf might have the worst uniforms in the NBA. That side striping ... oh my.

As to the Lions, rough loss to the Warriors -- like, really rough -- but year one is like that. Good trade for Mighty Joe Young, he's going to do good things for you.
See I'm the opposite, I actually like the uniforms. Although as a Steelers fan I like the Force and Pitts better . If either of you HAD to choose your two favorite premade unis, which would you choose?

Following!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »