Home

The Sun Sets In The West - A Los Angeles Lakers Story

This is a discussion on The Sun Sets In The West - A Los Angeles Lakers Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2016, 08:00 PM   #1
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0
The Sun Sets In The West - A Los Angeles Lakers Story

I want to first thank all those that voted on my thread in the main forum, My League – Team Choice, and for trekfan and jeremym480 (who is an inspiration to me as a writer) for his words that helped contribute to this decision. I also borrowed his layout as seen below, with my own tweeks, as to preface the setup around this dynasty. I am excited to begin this journey with the Lakers and the new faces of SHOWTIME!

SYSTEM/GAME: PS4/NBA 2K17
MODE: MyLeague
ROSTERS: ClutchOz Current Roster
SLIDERS: Hall of Fame – Sim World Sliders
MY LEAGUE SLIDERS: Sim World Sliders
STYLE OF PLAY: CPU vs CPU 12 Minute Quarters
SIM QUARTER LENGTH: 12 Minutes
DRAFT CLASS: ClutchOz
SEASON LENGTH: 82 Games
PLAYOFF FORMAT: 7-7-7-7
INJURIES: On
PROGRESSIVE FATIGUE: On
TEAM CHEMISTRY: On
CPU TRADES: On
CPU TRADE APPROVAL: On
TRADE OVERRIDE: On
CONTROL: 32 Teams, I will control primarily the Lakers but I have everything else set to automation. I will override trades and will manually control Free Agency in the offseason as to not allow any Lebron James to the Phoenix Suns type of signings occur.

I will be writing this dynasty in a story form and some of the characters (though names have been changed) will intertwine with the many lefts and rights within my own life. I want to thank each of you who have written these dynasties before as it encourages me each year to write more and more. If you have any opinions, please feel free to voice them as it will only help me to formulate the story and critique my writing.

Well, without further ado…

Last edited by Teleo; 07-10-2017 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Corrected Wording
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 08:22 PM   #2
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Re: The Sun Sets In The West - A Los Angeles Lakers Story

LA LAKERS.jpg

The West. The Wilt. The Magic. The Hook. The Shaq. The Mamba. The Falling Away. The Rising Again.

The Setting of the Sun…

Sebastian Eastley had drowned his life in a sea of intoxication. His father, Chip, had recently passed and he was left with the task of inheriting his father's organization, The Los Angeles Lakers.

Distant memories of a young boy staring into the eyes of the legend, Magic Johnson along with the arms of Kareem Abdul Jabbar, who he used to climb onto and swing back and forth in the locker room before games. The sad days that loomed over Sebastian for several years as he watched his father disappear before his very eyes. Bas, as he was often referred to, had his own magic as he would often vanish in and out of his father's life. Much had not been the same since the fall of 2010, when Sebastian lost his entire world...Rachel and Cooper. His wife and son...gone forever.

All of these thoughts filled his head as he made his way into his father's office. He sat down and stared at a picture that was on his desk. His mom, who had been gone for 12 years now, he and his dad.

As he began his journey towards redeeming not only his father's beloved Lakers, but his own personal life, two words entered his mind as he cried from his soul,"Help me."

Last edited by Teleo; 07-10-2017 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Rewording
Old 10-14-2016, 08:38 PM   #3
MVP

Teleo's Arena

October 1, 2016

Sebastian had a hard time getting out of bed from last night’s media night about the upcoming season beginning with their first preseason game on Wednesday, October 4th, at the Staples Center against the Sacramento Kings.

He slowly walked to his bathroom, dreadfully regretting his late night ventures and the headache that now resided and was pulsating from his left eye.

Having just purchased a 3,000 square ft. slice of escape in the 717 Olympic Blvd area, Bas was trying to reinvent himself.

The view overlooking Los Angeles skyline was breathtaking and brought a feeling through his body as he gazed out.

The great height of the moonlight sky brought memories through his mind of Magic performing a no look pass to James Worthy on a fast break. As a young 5 year old, Bas, remembers conversations that his father would have with Magic as his dad would run his fingers through his hair.

He loved that feeling…

The phone rings and General Manager, Kyle Rose, says on the other line, “We have a meeting at 11 today with Luke. Just wanted to remind you.”

Kyle had not been pleased with Bas’s return. He had made his attempt in purchasing the team but the contractual agreements stating that Sebastian was the heir apparent to the Lakers organization ultimately ended and derailed his attempts in being in consideration from Chip.

Rose was not pleased with the selection, mostly due to Sebastian’s vacancy in his father’s life as Owen had slowly become a second son to Chip.

“I will be there,” I said and slowly hung up the phone.

Making his way to the Staples Center, Sebastian relaxed his mind to the tunes of Boney James. The sounds of jazz had always had a calming effect on him and this morning was the new beginning to a new chapter in his life.

“Good morning, Mr. Eastley,” Amelia said as he exited the elevator to make his way to his office in preparation of the meeting with Rose and 2nd year head coach, Luke Walton.

Luke had great success in his first year as a coach leading the Lakers 26-56 and beginning to revitalize a once beloved organization with the youth movement on the roster along with this summer's blockbuster selection of point guard Lonzo Ball.
“Good morning coach, it is great to finally meet you,” Sebastian said.

“Thank you Mr. Eastley.”

“Please call me Sebastian.”

Last edited by Teleo; 07-10-2017 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Rewording
Old 10-14-2016, 10:05 PM   #4
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Following. Eager to see where you take the organization and how the Lakers get back to their winning ways.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:05 PM   #5
MVP

Teleo's Arena

October 26th, 2017

Opening Night…

The Lakers had gone through the preseason with a 2-6 record and began its journey towards finding its identity under the leadership of Luke Walton with their home opener against the Houston Rockets.

Sebastian sat in his office; formerly his dad’s and stared out onto Chick Hearn St. The relationship between him and his dad had dissipated to nearly a wisp of air months after the death of Rachel and Cooper. Chip tried to reach out to his son, but Sebastian had drowned himself in misery and regret that his inner demons had tortured his mind and soul. The pain took him to a far corner of his own personal universe in complete isolation from any and every one, except for his best friend, Jack.

“Dad, I don’t know what I’m doing. You left me with this team…this team that I grew up with. These teams that I saw you scream with, cry with, laugh with and die with. I miss mom, Rachel…Cooper.”

Cooper had been named after the great 6th man of the Lakers, Michael Cooper. He never got to hear his voice…

“I need help Dad…I don’t know why you held onto me being the sole heir to the heart of your life. I’m trying hard at just trying to stay sober and now this. I don’t want to screw this up.”

The crowd in the Staples Center was electric.

Ingram was warming up shooting jump shots.

Ball was working crossover dribble drills.

Van Halen’s, “Jump”, begins blaring through the speakers and the deafening roars from the sold out crowd pierced the atmosphere as the players were introduced.

Harden aka The Beard, laser focused, making his way to center court and with that the 2017-18 season had begun…

Last edited by Teleo; 07-10-2017 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Wording
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2017, 09:16 PM   #6
MVP

Teleo's Arena

This is a dynasty that I had created at the start of last season and between being a full time pastor, single father raising two kids, earning my master's degree and many other things...life got in the way and busy. But, my son, who is about turn 11 had an enormous leap for his passion of the NBA this past season has encouraged me to pick this dynasty up again. I put out a poll and ironically the Lakers were the number one selection again as they were tied with the Bulls (I created a thread on this forum and the main 2K Forum). So, I am going to do my very best at writing on this thread as the things that kept me busy then are still there...can't wait till school is finished. I have changed some of the wording on the original post to coincide with this upcoming season.

I do have a request and would like the opinion of the community...what do you think I should do with Carmelo? When I begin and a current trade happens in the NBA, I can always trade him to that team, but I am starting off the season against the Rockets and that is the team that he is rumored to possibly be traded to. Thoughts and opinions are very much welcomed in this thread -- Thank you to each of you, who in a very large way, help a grown man fantasize about a virtual NBA world through creative writing.

One last thing -- how are you guys able to get the screenshots from your game system into your threads? I know how to implement the box score generator that is accessible through Operation Sports, but I don't know how to get the box scores from my actual PS4 onto the thread.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:11 AM   #7
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
This is a dynasty that I had created at the start of last season and between being a full time pastor, single father raising two kids, earning my master's degree and many other things...life got in the way and busy. But, my son, who is about turn 11 had an enormous leap for his passion of the NBA this past season has encouraged me to pick this dynasty up again. I put out a poll and ironically the Lakers were the number one selection again as they were tied with the Bulls (I created a thread on this forum and the main 2K Forum). So, I am going to do my very best at writing on this thread as the things that kept me busy then are still there...can't wait till school is finished. I have changed some of the wording on the original post to coincide with this upcoming season.

I do have a request and would like the opinion of the community...what do you think I should do with Carmelo? When I begin and a current trade happens in the NBA, I can always trade him to that team, but I am starting off the season against the Rockets and that is the team that he is rumored to possibly be traded to. Thoughts and opinions are very much welcomed in this thread -- Thank you to each of you, who in a very large way, help a grown man fantasize about a virtual NBA world through creative writing.

One last thing -- how are you guys able to get the screenshots from your game system into your threads? I know how to implement the box score generator that is accessible through Operation Sports, but I don't know how to get the box scores from my actual PS4 onto the thread.
Thanks for the update, you're a busy guy, and I appreciate that your priorities are in order.

In terms of Carmelo - I have no preference. I would just come up with a story that you feel is plausible and enjoy and roll with it.

In terms of screenshots, I use Xbox One, but I can easily download the screenshots I take on the console using the Xbox App. I know that PS4 makes it easy to take screenshots and videos, and I imagine there's a way to access them on the web or some app to download them.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.

Last edited by studbucket; 07-11-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:56 PM   #8
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Thanks for the update, you're a busy guy, and I appreciate that your priorities are in order.

In terms of Carmelo - I have no preference. I would just come up with a story that you feel is plausible and enjoy and role with it.

In terms of screenshots, I use Xbox One, but I can easily download the screenshots I take on the console using the Xbox App. I know that PS4 makes it easy to take screenshots and videos, and I imagine there's a way to access them on the web or some app to download them.
Thanks man! Yes - priorities definitely have to be in place as it is easy to get lost in the world of 2K. I'm not the best player (my son destroys me) but having the ability to play CPU vs CPU allows me to work on studying and doing things around the house while the game plays. During the NBA season, I'd have my PS4 playing and games on the tv flipping back and forth - nuts - but it's my own virtual sanity!

I'm looking at doing the Rockets trade as it makes the most sense for Carmelo at this stage of his career to win an title and play with his friend Paul. Going out west will be difficult but things weren't going to happen for him in NYC so a change is necessary AND south Texas is a change - I live here - It's HOT! Plus - sometimes in hardship - being around a friend such as Paul could help revitalize his passion.

I downloaded the PS4 app on my phone and I'll look and see if this will be useful. Thanks man for your vote and reply! Blessings!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »