Home

The Association: Dallas Mavericks

This is a discussion on The Association: Dallas Mavericks within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2016, 11:13 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Association: Dallas Mavericks

excited for the possibilities with this. What are your plans for the roster? Are you planning on moving anyone if the season starts getting away?
Old 10-19-2016, 02:27 PM   #18
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Your HTML skillz are tight, son. Looks great and will be following.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-20-2016, 02:22 AM   #19
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazershow
What are your plans for the roster? Are you planning on moving anyone if the season starts getting away?

Probably not straight away. I do want to keep the transactions as realistic as possible. So in that sense, the roster will still be geared more towards a 'compete now' mentality since that's what I'd think Cuban and the Mavs would do. However, do expect some moves to be influenced by myself, as an advisor for the team.

Last edited by vtcha; 11-08-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:04 AM   #20
MVP

vtcha's Arena

Unfortunately due to technical difficulties from 2K, the premiere date has been postponed indefinitely.

Once Patch 1.05 and the opening rosters drop, I'll pick things back up shortly after.

Last edited by vtcha; 11-08-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:55 PM   #21
MVP

vtcha's Arena

The Dallas Mavericks will begin their 37th NBA season without their All-Star forward, Dirk Nowitzki, who has been sidelined indefinitely due to an Achilles soreness, per Mavs.com beat writer, Bobby Karalla.

“He’s not feeling super great at the moment”, coach Rick Carlisle told reporters after Saturday’s shootaround. Nowitzki is dealing with a sore Achilles as well as getting over an illness that zapped his energy during the preseason finale earlier in the week.

To add to further complications, the Mavs may also be without their starting point guard, Deron Williams, who is listed as doubtful, according to Earl K. Sneed of Mavs.com.

The Mavericks host the Minnesota Timberwolves Monday (9:30 p.m. ET, 2K TV).

Last edited by vtcha; 11-08-2016 at 10:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2016, 08:16 AM   #22
MVP

vtcha's Arena

Timberwolves dominate Mavericks in season opener

October 31, 2016 | by Juan Carlos Blanco via RotoWire.com

The Minnesota Timberwolves defeated the Dallas Mavericks, 115-88, at AmericanAirlines Arena on Monday.

Both teams were short-handed, each missing their starting point guards, Ricky Rubio and Deron Williams, whereas Dallas was also missing their all-time leading scorer, Dirk Nowitzki, who had been ruled out indefinitely due to an Achilles injury.

It was a tightly contested first quarter with both teams trading buckets, however, the T'Wolves picked it up a notch during the second quarter with their stellar play on the defensive end, limiting the Mavericks to just 15 points. The biggest factor during the first half was Minnesota's sizable difference in the assist column, out-facilitating their opponent 18-4.

Despite getting into early foul trouble, sophomore, Karl-Anthony Towns led the way with a double-double, 17 points and 10 rebounds in just 20 minutes of play. Minnesota also punished the Mavericks on the fast-break, scoring 16 points of Dallas' 19 turnovers, and the game was pretty much done at the half.

Newcomers Harrison Barnes (24 points, 7 rebounds) and Seth Curry (18 points) were just a few bright-spots for the Mavs in what would rather be a forgetful opening night.

Dallas' next chance to redeem themselves will be on November 12 when they visit the Memphis Grizzlies and a familiar face in Chandler Parsons. Deron Williams is expected to be back by then whereas Dirk Nowitzki and Devin Harris remain questionable. As for Minnesota, they'll be getting an extended break until November 26 when they face the OKC Thunder.

Box Score
Spoiler

Last edited by vtcha; 11-09-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:57 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 8

Nice, clean layout you have here. Keep it up!
Old 11-09-2016, 05:09 PM   #24
MVP

vtcha's Arena

Grizzlies outduel the Mavericks

November 12, 2016 | by NBA News

MEMPHIS — In a tightly contested battle, it was former Maverick, Chandler Parsons, who had the last laugh as his Grizzlies' side escaped with a 97-91 victory over Dallas.

The Mavericks, who were crushed by the Timberwolves at home, welcomed back two of their starters, Dirk Nowitzki and Deron Williams. It was some much needed relief as Nowitzki poured in a double-double, with 23 points and 11 rebounds, whilst Williams dished out 7 of the team's 21 total assists; something that was severely lacking for the Mavericks in their opening game.

But it was all just too much for the Mavs to handle as Marc Gasol bullied his way to a monster line with 18 points, 16 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 blocks. He also contributed two vital putbacks down the stretch that sealed the game with the clock winding down. Zach Randolph, whom Grizzlies coach, David Fizdale, recently appointed as the newly sixth man after being the starter of the team for the past seven seasons, did not miss a beat, finishing with 17 points as well as making a huge three with 55 seconds left in the game that gave the Grizzlies a commanding 5 point lead.

"I feel like I can be a starter, of course, and carry a team like I did last year," Randolph said. "But I'm being positive and staying ready. If Coach wants me to play 10 minutes, I'll come in and play the hardest 10 minutes." It seems Randolph is really embracing the change as Memphis will continue looking for him to bring some scoring punch in the second-unit.

Box Score

Spoiler

Last edited by vtcha; 11-09-2016 at 05:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »