Home

Taking a Gamble: NBA 2k17 Expansion Dynasty

This is a discussion on Taking a Gamble: NBA 2k17 Expansion Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2016, 07:50 AM   #9
Rookie

Stout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Taking a Gamble: NBA 2k17 Expansion Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35

Ace's Win First Game as a Franchise

The Las Vegas Aces held their first game as a franchise on Friday night, heading to Phoenix to square up with the Suns. Luckily for the Aces, Phoenix is one of the worse teams in the league, and they aren't out of the game before it even stars. However, I don't think anyone could have predicted what happened tonight.

The Aces got off to a hot start, finishing the 1st quarter on a 16-5 run, leading 34-22. Patty Mills got the Ace's off to a hot start, shooting 5-6 in the quarter, including two threes. The Ace's never looked back after that point, either. The 2nd quarter was led by big man Festus Ezeli, who had 8 points, including 4-4 on free throws. Las Vegas took a 60-47 lead into the intermission.

The 3rd quarter was beautiful all around, with every player that played during the quarter, scoring. Festus Ezeli was also a force on the defensive end, racking up three blocks during the third period. The Ace's led by 12 at the end of three, 85-73.

Las Vegas could taste victory in their mouth, and they were not going to let it slip thru the cracks of their teeth. Every player on the team entered the game at some point during the final period of the day, which was a very emotional moment, according to Point Guard Patrick Mills. "I am not gonna lie to you, that got to me. We have all been together since day one on this team, and we are invested. Everyone doubted us, and it was huge to silence those haters. I loved that coach got everyone involved in the final quarter. Great win!"

Las Vegas ended up winning the game 107-93. Dragan Bender was impressive in his debut, recording a double double, scoring 18 points, and hauling down 11 boards. Brandon night also had a nice night, scoring 18 points on 8-14 shooting. For the Ace's, Patrick Mills led the way with 18 points, on 7-12 shooting, including three three pointers.

Team News
1-0, 6th place in conference (1.5 GB, Portland), 2nd place in division (.5 GB, Clippers)

Looking Ahead: Las Vegas has their first home game in franchise history, hosting Denver (1-1). Vegas has set the line at Las Vegas +4.5.
Ah crap, forgot about the 31 game sched LOL. Nice first win, though. Patty Mills coming through clutch! Bender is a beast in 2K so the 18/11 isn't unexpected, but nice job (I'm assuming) keeping Devin Booker quiet because if he gets hot in game, he can't stop making shots. That speed kills too..
Old 11-02-2016, 09:02 AM   #10
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stout
Ah crap, forgot about the 31 game sched LOL. Nice first win, though. Patty Mills coming through clutch! Bender is a beast in 2K so the 18/11 isn't unexpected, but nice job (I'm assuming) keeping Devin Booker quiet because if he gets hot in game, he can't stop making shots. That speed kills too..
Thanks. When I saw patty mills available I had to take him. He can score at will if he is open. I think i shot 73 percent in the first quarter, which is whhy I won. Booker didn't do to much. Had 7 points. Bender is really good, hit a lot of tough shots.

Thanks for following.

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 11-02-2016, 06:41 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

As a huge fan of expansion dynasty's I will be following and excited to read it. Lets see how it goes...Surprised you didn't start in the offseason so you could get a draft pick to develop for the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2016, 08:38 PM   #12
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
As a huge fan of expansion dynasty's I will be following and excited to read it. Lets see how it goes...Surprised you didn't start in the offseason so you could get a draft pick to develop for the future.
Thanks for following. I didn't want to do this because I wanted the rosters to be accurate for the main part. It just wouldn't have felt right to me if Brandon Ingram wasn't a Laker, or if Durant didn't end up with the Warriors.

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 11-02-2016, 10:02 PM   #13
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

The NBA has Entered Las Vegas

The NBA has two new expansion teams -- one team in Louisville, and the other in Las Vegas. Tonight, we got to witness one of the two teams opening up at home, and that was the Aces of Las Vegas. Denver traveled to town to square off with Las Vegas, and the Ace's were dealing all game long.

Point Guard Patrick Mills once again got off to a hot start, shooting 4-6, scoring 8 points in the first quarter. Normal Powell also added 5 points in the opening quarter, including one ball from downtown. Las Vegas led by just one at the end of the quarter, but after that, the wheels fell off for the Denver Nuggets.

Starting out the 2nd quarter, the Nuggets couldn't find a basket, going almost 5 minutes without scoring. This opened a huge opportunity for the Ace's, going on an 11-0 run, led by backup Point Guard Ty Lawson. Lawson had five of the eleven points, finishing gracefully around the rim. However, Shabazz Muhaamad was the start of the 2nd period, scoring 10 points in just three minutes of action. Muhammad got into foul trouble early, but coach threw him back out their with 3 minutes left in the half, and he responded. Shabazz scored 10 points, on 4-4 shooting, and added 2 points at the charity stripe. The Ace's took a 53-40 lead into the intermission.

The Ace's came out of the break firing on all cylinders once again, starting the half on a 16-6 run. The Ace's connected on five three pointers during the quarter, fueling the fire. They led 80-59 heading into the fourth.

During the final quarter of action, every player got to enter into the game. Las Vegas was set to cruise control, and was never threatened, although the final score ended up being closer than it really was, with the Ace's winning 107-94.

Nugget's Point Guard Emmanuel Mudiay led all scorers with 20 points, and also had 14 assist. It was one of the greatest games we have seen out of a point guard all year, but the rest of his team could not add much help. Kenneth Faried added 17 points, on 8-10 shooting.

The Ace's made a living at the free throw line tonight, going 16/18 (89%). This is huge for a team like Las Vegas, because they don't have the players to score in the half court, so they need to get out and run, or get to the free throw line. They also had 12 second chance points.

Shabazz Muhammad and Patrick Mills led the Aces in scoring, each scoring 15 a piece. Muhammad did his work in just 10 points, on an efficient 6-8 shooting. We got a chance to catch up with him after the game. "I think this is just the confidence boost I needed. I have done it in practice, but it feels good to finally do it with the lights on. Watch out, because we are coming in hot. I also want to thank all the fans for their great support tonight."

Center Festus Ezeli flirted with a double double, scoring 13 points, and hauling in 9 boards, 2 of which were on the offensive end. Ersan Ilyasova was also a key contributor off the bench, scoring 7 points, and grabbing a team high 13 rebounds

Player of the Game:Festus Ezeli - 13 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block

Team News:
2-0, 4th in conference (1.0 GB, Portland), T-1st in division (Las Angeles Clippers)

Looking Ahead: Las Vegas travels to Los Angeles to take on the Lakers in what should be their toughest test of the young season. Vegas has set the line at Lakers -6.5.

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 11-02-2016, 10:04 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
Thanks for following. I didn't want to do this because I wanted the rosters to be accurate for the main part. It just wouldn't have felt right to me if Brandon Ingram wasn't a Laker, or if Durant didn't end up with the Warriors.

I can totally understand that. I can also tell you that the quality of the expansion draft is so much better if you start at season . I did a test run twice, at Offseason and season starts. And my lineup was way better at start of season. But, I protected . Anyway, good luck
Old 11-02-2016, 10:13 PM   #15
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Mills, Muscala resign, Shabazz on the market

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2016, 10:14 PM   #16
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
I can totally understand that. I can also tell you that the quality of the expansion draft is so much better if you start at season . I did a test run twice, at Offseason and season starts. And my lineup was way better at start of season. But, I protected . Anyway, good luck
What did your roster turn out like?

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »