Home

Reed's NBA 2k17 Dynasty (Using SimWorld's "The League" Roster): The NEW NBA

This is a discussion on Reed's NBA 2k17 Dynasty (Using SimWorld's "The League" Roster): The NEW NBA within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #1
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Reed's NBA 2k17 Dynasty (Using SimWorld's "The League" Roster): The NEW NBA

The year is 2016 and the NBA is going strong. Everything is right with the world as the Los Angeles Lakers are coming into the current season as NBA Champions after defeating the Washington Wizards 4-2 in a 7 game series. However out of nowhere in the middle of the off-season there is a shock to the NBA community as Adam Silver announces that he is stepping down and retiring as Commissioner of the NBA. This lead's to a new figurehead taking his place only known as “The New Commish” and he has big changes in mind for “The League”.
In his first press conference conducted from a dimly lit room he lays out his vision for “The League”. His first order of business is that he wants all teams to re-brand themselves. That means either moving to a new city or take on a new name. The reason behind this is never made clear. So all teams in the NBA have re-branded themselves, some have moved, and some have just adopted new names. “The League” now looks totally different. His next order of business is to announce a new expansion team that will come to Las Vegas at the end of the 2016-2017 season and they will be called the “Las Vegas Aces”.
In a letter sent to all the new teams “The Commish” has announced some changes to how the season will pan out. Gone are the 82 game seasons, now there are only 29 games per year. The reason for this he says is so that “fans are more interested in every game and it is much easier to keep up with the season.” He also wants to “lessen the strain on the players bodies” because after all, they are only human. The playoffs still warrant excitement so now the format for them will be 1-3-5-7. These new, fresh changes to the NBA should make for a very interesting first year under “The Commish”. Now let's show you how the NBA looks now after all the teams have moved....

Washington Wizards- Baltimore Bullets
Spoiler

Philadelphia 76ers- Pittsburgh Force
Spoiler

Milwaukee Bucks- Milwaukee Flying Squirrels
Spoiler

Chicago Bulls- Louisville Lightning
Spoiler

Cleveland Cavaliers- San Francisco Fire
Spoiler

Boston Celtics- Boston Colonels
Spoiler

LA Clippers- Alaska Snowstalkers
Spoiler

Memphis Grizzlies- Columbus Blue Jays
Spoiler

Atlanta Hawks- Cincinnati Apes
Spoiler

Miami Heat- Tampa Dragons
Spoiler

Charlotte Hornets- Kansas City Knights
Spoiler

Utah Jazz- Salt Lake City Wolves
Spoiler

Sacramento Kings- Anaheim Gladiators
Spoiler

New York Knicks- New York Empire
Spoiler

LA Lakers- LA Waves
Spoiler

Orlando Magic- Orlando Neptunes
Spoiler

Dallas Mavericks- Dallas Tigers
Spoiler

Brooklyn Nets- Buffalo Braves
Spoiler

Denver Nuggets- Colorado Black Bears
Spoiler

Indiana Pacers- Omaha Eagles
Spoiler

New Orleans Pelicans- New Orleans Phantoms
Spoiler

Detroit Pistons- Richmond Rebels
Spoiler

Toronto Raptors- Toronto Huskies
Spoiler

Houston Rockets- Houston Rattlers
Spoiler

San Antonio Spurs- San Antonio Devils
Spoiler

Phoenix Suns- Providence Gryphons
Spoiler

OKC Thunder- Seattle Sonics
Spoiler

Minnesota Timberwolves- Austin Outlaws
Spoiler

Portland Trail Blazers- Phoenix Tribe
Spoiler

Golden State Warriors- San Diego Surf
Spoiler

A final thing to note, “The Commish” has said that all current rosters will remain in place so all players on all teams will stay there and all prior franchise history will carry over to the new teams. Welcome....to the NEW NBA!

Our story will pick up in the next post where we will meet the main character of this thread.....the coach of the Baltimore Bullets......Byron Reed.

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2017, 08:52 PM   #2
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Reed's NBA 2k17 Dynasty (Using SimWorld's "The League" Roster): The NEW NBA

I see you Reed. Got my eye on this thread!
Old 01-13-2017, 08:59 PM   #3
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Subbbbbbbbbbbbbed 4 greatness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twitch: twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter:@simworld4k

Raiderz4eva Presents the New Era Lakers
Old 01-14-2017, 08:03 PM   #4
Rookie

bookmarking this cant wait to hear more
Old 01-14-2017, 08:39 PM   #5
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

The NBA season is about to get underway. Finally after all the changes “The Commish” has put into place, basketball is about to descend upon the world once again and this new look NBA has fans excited despite everything looking different for them. Let's show off the Power Rankings to start the first season.
 photo NBA Logo.jpg
2016-2017 NBA Pre-Season Power Rankings
1. San Diego Surf
2. San Antonio Devils
3. San Francisco Fire
4. Alaska Snowstalkers
5. Baltimore Bullets
6. Boston Colonels
7. Seattle Sonics
8. New Orleans Phantoms
9. Houston Rattlers
10. Louisville Lightning
11. Pittsburgh Force
12. LA Wave
13. Salt Lake City Wolves
14. Providence Gryphons
15. Dallas Tigers
16. Anaheim Gladiators
17. Toronto Huskies
18. Kansas City Knights
19. Milwaukee Flying Squirrels
20. Cincinnati Apes
21. Orlando Neptunes
22. Omaha Eagles
23. Buffalo Braves
24. Colorado Black Bears
25. Tanpa Dragons
26. Phoenix Tribe
27. New York Empire
28. Austin Outlaws
29. Richmond Rebels
30. Columbus Blue Jays

Most are surprised to see the defending Champion LA Waves not even in the top 10 to start the season. One team that is very happy with where they are, the Baltimore Bullets and this is where our story focus shifts. After the relocation back to Baltimore, the Bullets hired a new head coach and his name is Byron Reed. Instead of us telling you about him, let's let him take over.

Coach's Notes: Hi all I'm Byron Reed the new Head Coach of the Baltimore Bullets. Growing up in Baltimore all I had was the Ravens and Orioles when it came to sports but when the Bullets came back and they contacted me to be their new coach I had to jump at the chance. Sure it was tough to leave Morgan State and the coaching gig I had there but this chance comes once in a lifetime.
Enough about me though I'm sure you wanna know about this team right? Well let me say this is one talented group of guys here! I was following them last year when they were still the Wizards and was sad when they loss to the Lakers in the finals. But I have a very good feeling about this year. With me at the helm and all these great guys......we are going to make some noise in the East this year!
The first thing I did was put the guys in a 5v5 scrimmage to 21 and three of the guys who stood out to me were Chris Bishop Jr, Carlito Fernandez and the new point guard Donovan Robinson. Here are my notes on these three who I believe will be the core reason we make a run.

Chris Bishop Jr.- I can tell this guy is the leader and superstar of the squad. Guy can do everything well and it's amazing to watch him play. Not much else needs to be said, best player in the league is on my team and that's something I'm glad to have on my side for sure.

Carlito Fernandez- At 21 Carlito has all the tools needed to be a star in this league I can see it. He's a real humble kid too, in the scrimmage he surprised me when he hit a few threes. I pulled him aside and said “if you can make those once the games start, be my guest”. He's a real humble kid too because he knows he has a great mentor to learn from in Bishop. He's going to be a problem for these other teams if we do everything right with him. One other thing I noticed was that the guys kept calling him “Houdini”. I think that's going to stick for sure and he's a good sport about it.

Donovan Robinson- Real athletic guy who has some great handles. I saw him sauce a few guys in our scrimmage and I almost fell out of my chair a few times I can't lie. He's a playmaker but he can get his own shot and that's what I like in my point guards. After all the point of this game is to score more than the other team.

And that's all that I have really. This is going to be a wild ride, can't wait for my first game. This team is ready to avenge their Finals loss last year and goddammit I want to do that too so we're going on a plane to Ohio. Gotta get ready for these Blue Jays as we tip off the season. Bullets Nation bay bay!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2017, 02:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Subscribed for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-15-2017, 04:06 PM   #7
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

photo Bullets vs. Blue Jays.png
Bullets win first game behind Cam Jackson's double double.
The Baltimore Bullets knock off the Columbus Blue Jays 113-101. It was a fantastic game all around as Jackson, Fernandez and Robinson all finished with 20 plus points. Cam Jackson was the star tonight though as he ended with an impressive double double. 23 points and 22 rebounds. He was a beast in the paint all night and really gave the Jays fits. This win also marks the first for coach Reed in his first NBA game. The next game for the Bullets will be another away game as they will travel to San Francisco to face the Fire on November 5th.
Spoiler

photo NBA Logo.jpg
Around the League: October 26th
Apes defeat Gryphons 107-86 thanks to Tyrell Carrington's 27 point game.
Outlaws beat the Empire 106-96 as Dylan Turner has 27 points in 30 minutes of play.
Force win 94-76 against the Colonels as both J.R. Stafford and Scottie Tomlin finish with double digits in points. 17 for Stafford and 14 for Tomlin.
Waves in a close one defeat the Wolves 105-103 thanks to a buzzer beater by Cameron McKinney.

Coach Notes: Man what a game. This was incredible and if it's any indication for what to expect going forward.....look out! Cam,ohhhhhhhh Cam! Dude was on fire tonight! A double, double to start the season that's just crazy! He came to me after the second quarter and said “Coach keep getting me the ball and I'll keep scoring”. So I gave him the green light and he took off. I can't ask for much better when you finish 8-18 from the field and 7-10 from the free throw line. The other guys on the bench were getting just as excited as I was and at a couple points in the game we had 2 ally-oops from Bishop Jr and Cam that really got us fired up. I even gave a chest bump to Bishop after he threw his down with authority!
There were some things that concerned me that I hope we can clean up, the Blue Jays killed us from three point range, Zack Grinnage hit three in the fourth quarter and they almost got back in the game because of them. We have to do a better job of closing out on shooters like him. Ra'Shawn Michaels was also a threat from beyond he hit 2 of his 4 attempts so yeah, gotta close out on shooters better. I know we got out to a big lead at halftime and we kinda coasted the rest of the way, but basketball is a game of runs and it just so happened that we got lucky there at the end when it was too little too late for them. Finally, to end on a good note our defense was smothering. I love when everyone gives effort and it showed because we forced 15 turnovers!
Oh and by the way this first win feels good! The guys thought they were funny giving me the silent treatment all the way to the locker room. They wouldn't even look at me as we were leaving the court. Then they all started dancing and celebrating as soon as I opened my mouth for the post game speech. That was a fun moment for sure. Giving the guys a few days off then it's time to prepare for the Fire.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:02 PM   #8
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Excellent write up. Even though Cam is probably the fourth option at best on that Bullets team, its nice to see him getting his!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »