Home

The Spirit of Detroit | Detroit Pistons MyLeague

This is a discussion on The Spirit of Detroit | Detroit Pistons MyLeague within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2017, 12:57 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Spirit of Detroit | Detroit Pistons MyLeague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman14
I would keep KCP. Especially if you plan on making Payton your point guard of the future. He's gunna need a lot of shooters around him to space the floor since he can't make a jumper to save his life.
KCP is not a lights out shooter (I'm playing on real fg%) and I plan to do exactly that - surround Payton with multiple great shooters that he can feed the ball to.

In addition, I am not sure on the final decision yet, because KCP is a good player. He's a solid all around shooting guard and a decent defender. It's really a question whether I want an all around shooting guard who seems to be a prolific 3 point shooter or I want a lights out shooter for Payton to feed, but give up something on the defensive side of the floor.

I really do see your point and I have a huge decision to make (in terms of this franchise).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2017, 03:48 PM   #42
Rookie

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope parts ways with Detroit following a 3 team trade
January 15, 2017 | by NBA News

League Office has approved a 3 team trade involving Detroit Pistons, Charlotte Hornets and Oklahoma City Thunder.
  • Detroit Pistons receive: 2017 1st round pick (top-3 protected) (CHA), Briante Weber (CHA), Nick Collison (OKC)
  • Charlotte Hornets receive: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (DET), Doug McDermott (OKC), Alex Abrines (OKC)
  • Oklahoma City Thunder receive: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (CHA), 2018 2nd round pick (DET)

This move solidifies recent rumors regarding KCP parting ways with the Detroit Pistons and officially starts a new rebuild period in the franchise.

Charlotte Hornets bolsters their shooting and perimeter defense with KCP, McDermott and Abrines.

Oklahoma City Thunder receives a starting caliber Small Forward with great defensive abilities. This move follows recent signing of Terrence Jones from free agency, which puts Oklahoma even closer to the finals run.

Last edited by Kumode; 05-26-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:53 PM   #43
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumode

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope parts ways with Detroit following a 3 team trade
January 15, 2017 | by NBA News

League Office has approved a 3 team trade involving Detroit Pistons, Charlotte Hornets and Oklahoma City Thunder.
  • Detroit Pistons receive: 2017 1st round pick (CHA), Briante Weber (CHA), Nick Collison (OKC)
  • Charlotte Hornets receive: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (DET), Doug McDermott (OKC), Alex Abrines (OKC)
  • Oklahoma City Thunder receive: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (CHA), 2018 2nd round pick (DET)

This move solidifies recent rumors regarding KCP parting ways with the Detroit Pistons and officially starts a new rebuild period in the franchise.

Charlotte Hornets bolsters their shooting and perimeter defense with KCP, McDermott and Abrines.

Oklahoma City Thunder receives a starting caliber Small Forward with great defensive abilities. This move follows recent signing of Terrence Jones from free agency, which puts Oklahoma even closer to the finals run.
MKG to OKC? I like it. MKG doesn't need the ball in his hands to make a difference -- he's very much a defensive/hustle player that can take the toughest assignment night in and out. This will, of course, put more pressure on Westbrook to score more BUT I don't think Westbrook will mind.

Solid trade for Detroit -- I like Weber and Collison, but that 1st rounder will be good. In a draft as loaded as 2017, you should at least find a solid rotation piece with that pick. Weber could develop into something under SVG, but he's a decent backup.

Hornets finally got Kemba some help with KCP and Dougie Fresh. Hornets are banking on a playoff run this season, so we'll see if they made the right call with this trade, but on paper I like it for everyone.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:28 PM   #44
Rookie

Confirmed trades of the 2016 - 2017 season, as the trade deadline passes
February 16, 2017 | by NBA News

As the trade deadline has officially passed below you can find a list of trades which were approved by league office and are actual as per February 16, 2017.
18/11/2016 - Pistons: Reggie Jackson, Aron Baynes for Magic: Elfrid Payton, Jeff Green, 2018 2nd rounder
19/11/2016 - 76ers: Jahlil Okafor for Pacers: 2017 1st rounder (top 5 prot.), 2017 2nd rounder, Lavoy Allen
20/11/2016 - Nets waive Randy Foye
20/11/2016 - Nets sign FA Jarred Sullinger
21/11/2016 - Raptors waive Fred VanVleet
02/12/2016 - Magic fire Frank Vogel
02/12/2016 - Magic hire Derek Fisher
03/12/2016 - 3 team trade
Knicks receive: Jamal Crawford (LAC), Wesley Johnson (LAC), 2019 2nd rounder (LAC), 2020 2nd rounder (LAC)
Clippers receive: Carmelo Anthony (NYK), Sasha Vujacic (NYK), Jordan Mickey (BOS)
Celtics receive: Paul Pierce (LAC), 2020 2nd rounder (CLE)
04/12/2016 - Pistons: Boban Marjanovic, Beno Udrih, Reggie Bullock, 2019 1st round (top 3 protected) for Heat: Wayne Ellington, Okaro White, Josh Richardson
04/12/2016 - Pistons waive Darrun Hilliard
05/12/2016 - Thunder waive Josh Huestis
05/01/2017 - Pelicans: Tim Frazier for Rockets: Kyle Wiltjer, 2018 1st rounder, lottery protected
15/01/2017 - Hornets waive Treveon Graham
15/01/2017 - 3 team trade
Pistons receive: 2017 1st round pick (CHA), Briante Weber (CHA), Nick Collison (OKC)
Hornets receive: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (DET), Doug McDermott (OKC), Alex Abrines (OKC)
Thunder receive: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (CHA), 2018 2nd round pick (DET)
17/01/2017 - Nets: Justin Hamilton for Celtics: Tyler Zeller
12/02/2017 - Lakers: Corey Brewer for Nets: Andrew Nicholson
15/02/2017 - Pistons: Ish Smith for Timberwolves: Brandon Rush, 2018 2nd rounder, 2019 2nd rounder
Old 05-27-2017, 12:38 PM   #45
Rookie

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2017, 02:22 PM   #46
Rookie

I actually started simulating a bit and I will spoil the rest of the season 1 real quick & slick - it did not end well. I won less than 10 games post-all star break.

Which is bad, but in reality this brings me closer to my end goal and pushes the rebuild greatly.

I will be following up on this in the coming days with off-season and draft news.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:33 PM   #47
Rookie

Recapping 2016 - 2017 NBA season awards
June 18, 2017 | by Hang Time

NBA 2016 - 2017 Season Awards
AwardPlayerPosTeam
Most Valuable PlayerRussel WestbrookGOklahoma City Thunder
Rookie of the YearJoel EmbiidCPhiladelphia 76ers
Sixth Man of the YearJoakim NoahCNew York Knicks
Defensive Player of the YearHassan WhitesideCMiami Heat
Most Improved PlayerD'Angelo RusselGLos Angeles Lakers
Coach of the YearSteve KerrCOACHGolden State Warriors

Coach of the Year - Steve Kerr was very close to repeating the historic 73-9 run, however was kept down a bit and Warriors finished the season with a stellar record of 71-11. Even battling some personal injuries over the middle of the season, Kerr managed to bounce back and finish the season strong. In post-season he rallied his team to an outstanding 4-1, 4-1, 4-1 run to the Finals. In Finals his strong leadership helped Warriors to win their 2nd NBA title in 3 years.

Most Improved Player - D'Angelo Russel managed to post an amazing scoreline of 19.7 points, 8.9 assists, 4.7 rebounds, while shooting splits of 41/38/79. His shooting definitely needs some work in the off-season, however he improved his all around game in a great fashion and led his Lakers to a great second half of the season. Unfortunately, they fell short of the playoffs and will have to try next year.

Defensive Player of the Year - Hassan Whiteside had one of the closest races between all awards with Andre Drummond, who had a great showing also, however Whiteside managed to edge him out to a rebounding title and block title. Whiteside posted a great score line averaging - 16.1 points, 16.2 rebounds, 3.5 blocks per game. He was overall block machine for the whole year and Heat is definitely happy about Hassan winning the DPOY award.

Sixth Man of the Year - Joakim Noah surprised everyone this year, when he was voted as a sixth man of the year with averaging 4.9 points, 9.3 rebounds, 4.6 assists, 0.8 steals and 1.3 nlocks, while shooting only 38 percent from the field and 40 percent from the free throw line. But it is what it is and Joakim is showing he is truly worth the contract he has been given.

Rookie of the Year - Joel Embiid finally had his rookie season and he finally showed the NBA what he is made of. Posting 20.1 points, 9.2 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 3 blocks per game while shooting 46/30/81 shows that Joel will have a bright future in the league if he can stay as healthy as this season. In our eyes he is the potential NBA MVP in a few years and strong leader for the young 76ers.

Most Valuable Player - Russell Westbrook never left any doubt in that. He averaged triple double for the whole season! He broke the triple double record of the NBA and carried his team to the playoffs, where he couldn't carry Thunder over the Spurs, however took San Antonio to 7 games. This young man is one of the kind and is taking his game to another level. Westbrook averaged - 31.4 points, 12.1 rebounds, 12.4 assists and 1.5 steals per game while shooting 48/35/81. Amazing.

Last edited by Kumode; 05-27-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #48
Rookie

Detroit Pistons must ask themselves - What is our future?
19 June, 2017 | by Steve Vozniak
Detroit Pistons had a good start to the season and held onto a .500 record up until the All-Star Break time, when they decided to part ways with Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. This trade did net them a pick, which is projected to be the 4th one in the upcoming draft. But at what cost?

Pistons finished their 2015 - 2016 season with the best record since the bad boy era. In 2016 - 2017 season Pistons had a record of 32-50. Which is horrible in the eyes of some of the fans, however to the most loyal and intelligent fans this means the fresh start Pistons have been looking for. Many teams have adapted the so called tweener psychology. These teams manage to keep a great core of players, however there is nothing elevating them to the NBA finals, or even conference finals appearances.

Detroit is projected to have 4th and 6th pick in the draft and this definitely is a good sign for Pistons, as they will be able to snag some great talent in this year's draft. Many speculate what Detroit should be picking? This year's draft is packed with extremely good point guards - such as Fultz, Ball, Fox and Smith, however Stan Van Gundy has pledged his trust in the young Elfrid Payton, who indeed showed glimpses of star-power that's hidden somewhere in him. Maybe it's hidden too deep? That's something many analysts and fans are claiming. Van Gundy is sure about Payton and he is sure about Drummond who fell a few votes short of being named the Defensive Player of the Year. This title would be very welcome in Detroit once again.

One thing is certain in the eyes of Detroit fans - Pistons will start their new season in the new Little Caesars Arena and officially come back in to the Detroit city limits. Which are great news for the fans, who live in downtown Detroit. Hopefully this change brings a fresh start to Detroit and with added youth talent, they will be able to contend in the playoffs once again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »