Home

Defiance: The Odyssey of Ronald Bazemore

This is a discussion on Defiance: The Odyssey of Ronald Bazemore within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2017, 12:14 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Defiance: The Odyssey of Ronald Bazemore

Very unique and flavourful. Definitely following and good luck in building up yet another great dynasty. Or should I say Odyssey?
Old 05-20-2017, 12:25 PM   #10
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stout
Thank goodness. I'm sure he's a great guy in person and I also think 'Porky' really rushed the process - though I will say there's a legitimate defense for their thinking even after everything that's happened; it's not like some of Isiah's moves with the Knicks - but I don't need to see a Jason Kidd for Eddy Curry trade anytime soon.
Definitely don't need any more Billy King trades. I will not be replicating the incompetency of front offices in real life here: my aim is to make sure all 30 teams attempt to improve upon themselves, in some way, from the year before -- whether that means improving their overall record, cultivating young talent, making themselves more popular, making the playoffs, or contending for a title, I want to make sure all franchises are run competently. Now, some teams may be more desperate than others to achieve their goals, but pulling a Billy King trade for Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett is not happening, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumode
Very unique and flavourful. Definitely following and good luck in building up yet another great dynasty. Or should I say Odyssey?
Much thanks, sir! I'm really looking forward to this -- the historical aspect is fun, especially when you run across players you completely forgot about. It's like seeing old friends again.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:27 PM   #11
Rookie

This seems like its going to be great. Sorry if I missed it when reading but is there a reason you picked the Heat? As a Celtics fan I think ole Billy did a hell if a job 😂

Side question: I know you do a good amount of dynasties so thought you may be able to answer as I haven't been able to find it anywhere on site. How many posts do you need to start a dynasty thread? I'd like to start them but wasn't able to yet due to my low post #

Sorry for the derailment there. Super pumped to see where this goes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2017, 12:40 PM   #12
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazershow
This seems like its going to be great. Sorry if I missed it when reading but is there a reason you picked the Heat? As a Celtics fan I think ole Billy did a hell if a job 😂

Side question: I know you do a good amount of dynasties so thought you may be able to answer as I haven't been able to find it anywhere on site. How many posts do you need to start a dynasty thread? I'd like to start them but wasn't able to yet due to my low post #

Sorry for the derailment there. Super pumped to see where this goes.

Well, as to your post question -- I want to see it's 20 posts you need to start a thread on any of the forums, but there's a time limit too and that I don't know. As far as I'm aware, they've never specified either the time limit or the post count, so it might be different.

You best bet is to just post in threads you like as often as it suits you (don't spam, of course), and until then work on your dynasty offline in Word or LibreOffice (free word process, like diet Microsoft but quite solid) and have that ready to go once your probationary period is over.

As for the Heat and why them, I picked them for a few reasons:

1. In 1995-96, the Heat were a team that went through major changes. Glen Rice was traded for Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway was traded to Miami from the Warriors, Pat Riley took over and built the Heat into a powerhouse contender for the next 4-5 years.

However, due to the NBA lockout, this version of the Heat had none of that happen and their team is still an expansion, often lottery bound squad.

2. The Heat -- with a lack of history and success -- are perfectly primed for someone to come in and command the show, which is what I want to do. Other teams in the league, such as the Celtics/Knicks/Lakers, etc already had a direction they were going at this time or were hampered by incompetent ownership/bad team chemistry.

In my research, the Heat were easily the team most likely to make a major change.

3. I also picked Miami because I've never done a dynasty with them -- I liked them during the Shaq/Wade era, but when Riley traded Shaq to the Suns (in a move that still doesn't make sense to me for either side), I stopped caring. The Big Three era was fun, but I didn't much care for the team coming together (and how it happened), nor did I want them to win it all in that first year (which they didn't). I came around to respecting them by the time it was all said and done, but having so many guys join up like that in the prime of their careers still bugged me.

In retrospect, I understand why, but I aim not to have super-teams like that form.

4. The Heat -- despite the solid name and color scheme -- have some pretty subtle and boring uniforms. I like a number of their alternates, but their main uniforms lack pizazz. I've redesigned them into something more reflective of their name while maintaining a familiar feel. Those will be shown soon.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:16 PM   #13
Rookie

Sounds like good reasoning to me. That was a hard time to be a Celtics fan. Watching petino and that other fool (O'Brien i think can't remember) just ruin a team that could of had billups johnson pierce and walker and just trade everyone for alcholics and ball hogs. Not to mention getting screwed over on getting duncan.

Thank you for answering my question. I've been a member for years buy only recently started posting more. More often than not my thoughts have already been expresses and I didn't want to be redundant. I have a notebook full of a wwe universe I've been working on I'd love to make a thread. Maybe I need to try again.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #14
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

I almost thought you'd be leading the 'Zo and Hardaway Heat, and got pretty excited as they were my favorite team as a kid. It'll be interesting to see how this league shakes out. The Heat you have must be Seikaly, Geiger, Rice, Harold Miner, Steve Smith? Or am I getting some of my timeline messed up?

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:15 PM   #15
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
I almost thought you'd be leading the 'Zo and Hardaway Heat, and got pretty excited as they were my favorite team as a kid. It'll be interesting to see how this league shakes out. The Heat you have must be Seikaly, Geiger, Rice, Harold Miner, Steve Smith? Or am I getting some of my timeline messed up?
Close. The 1995-96 roster I used as a base was not accurate 100%; dude got a lot of the major things right, but there were a number of inaccuracies and players that simply didn't have models in the game.

Rather than go through and create those guys, the original roster maker just treated them like classic teams and filled the end of bench guys/missing guys with 40 overall John Smiths/Browns and the like.

I tried to shift as many guys back to where they belonged as I could, but this is assuming the 1995-96 season (and transactions) did not happen due to the lockout, which means the end of the 1995 season (post trade-deadline) is my starting point. Smith traded two games into the 94-95 season for Kevin Willis, so he was off my roster.

Geiger and Rice were still there -- Harold Miner was MIA from the roster, but he retired in the 1995-96 season anyway due to injuries and lack of interest from teams.

The best players the Heat have at the start of this are Glen Rice, Matt Geiger, and (by rating) Bimbo Coles, point guard. Those are my three pieces at the moment ... but, as you'll see, that won't stay true for long.

I'll be doing a full breakdown of each and every team prior to the regular season to get people acclimated to where everything stands.

Stay tuned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #16
Rookie

Super hyped for this. Hopefully it's as good as your first two dynasties. This has a lot of potential.

Are you going to be doing game reports like your St. Louis Flight series with the box scores/player of the game with a story to go along?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »