Home

NY State Of Mind [MyLeague 2k17]

This is a discussion on NY State Of Mind [MyLeague 2k17] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2017, 11:05 AM   #9
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NY State Of Mind [MyLeague 2k17]

Definitely a hangover in that Clippers game after the double OT thriller.

Does Jim Cruzerr travel with the team on the road?

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:05 PM   #10
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Definitely a hangover in that Clippers game after the double OT thriller.

Does Jim Cruzerr travel with the team on the road?
That is the downside of simming games, seeing some consistency is pretty much impossible.

Jim Cruzerr is with the team and keeping check of his surroundings. The next chapter comes after a certain game (You will understand instantly why after that one).

E: Consistency is probably a bad word, considering they actually did lose just like I did while playing, haha.

Last edited by Cruzerr; 07-11-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:52 PM   #11
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

[1-3] New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers [0-5]

One man versus whole team – Indiana prevails
November 5, 2017

While the Pacers have started their new season probably the worst way possible after PG13 has left them, you could say that today, they showed some great class and team-play. Coach McMillan was proud. “We have been struggling badly, so the fact we finally got a win to turn things around, makes everybody happier – especially me.”

Indiana controlled the game for the start, and looked like shutting it down completely in the second quarter, as they were ahead by 18 at some point. However, one man was keeping New York at bay, as Porzingis was a one-man wrecking crew, finishing with 20 in the first half, and cutting the game back to 4. However, rest of the team could not contribute enough for them to claw back completely, while the Pacers looked great the whole four quarters.

Porzingis wasn’t happy with his own game. “This just means I need more points next game. If we don’t win, it doesn’t matter. Last season I think it was that Booker – scored 70 yet team loses. Why should we celebrate big wins?”

The Knicks will face the Spurs in their next game, while Indiana hosts Atlanta.

Stats for the game:
Spoiler

Result vs Spurs:
Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #12
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

[2-4] New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers [7-1]

New York ends the Rockets streak
November 10, 2017

5 in a row and counting. Houston has been on roll, and it helps if both of your leaders are in the top 5 both scoring and assists. However, it was all New York show, as they clicked completely and ended the Rockets' streak.

Carmelo lead the team in scoring, followed by a season-high from Hardaway and a solid game from Porzingis. Jeff Hornacek was pleasantly surprised. "The way the ball moved today, it was quite something. One thing is that Frank [Ntilikina] found everybody at their right spots, but the fact that we were hitting shots was the main thing."

For the Rockets, CP3 did score 21, but really struggled from the field, making it harder for them to catch up properly. The rest of the team didn't really step up to carry the load as well. However, James Harden wasn't too upset because of it. "It was just one bad shooting night, we are still top of the conference and have had a fantastic start. I ain't worried."

Houston will catch a plane to face Sacramento, while New York goes to face Dallas on the road.

Stats for the game:
Spoiler

Result vs Dallas:
Spoiler
Old 07-12-2017, 12:36 PM   #13
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Chapter 2 – Melo

A week break. Not going to lie, I do honestly feel that it was a good reset for us. One day, we play the Houston, the best team in the Western conference with probably the best back-court in the league, and we win. Next day, we lose to a mediocre Dallas team.

For me, a week break meant a lot of individually training on these guys – and gave me a chance to gather a more individually picture alongside what I had seen during the games.

Porzingis is an insanity, my god. There isn’t a guy working harder and playing harder most games. Sure, wouldn’t tell the whole picture, but the 21-year old has a mean hook shot, a mean P&R game, and a pretty good deep range shot.

Hardaway has some good qualities to him, but inconsistency sums up his game at the moment. Yet Jeff loves him, he works hard in training and for him, the fact that Lee loves coming off the bench and being an instant offense kind of a guy gives him a bit of breathing room. I ain’t going to talk about Lee too much, the man loves being the head of the second offense and really is glad taking a step down. You can see it in his performances and his attitude. I honestly thought he was not a great team chemistry kind of a guy, but, I was wrong.

The rookies – well, what can I say. They are rookies and the only actual point guards in the team, the pressure is on them. If I was Phil, I really would get somebody behind Ntilikina (don’t get me wrong, I love Randle, and the man has hops, but that foul that cost us the game against 76ers, is the reason why I would get somebody else). Frank, however, loves to push the ball and is so unselfish that we really struggle with getting him more looks. He hasn’t found his go-to shot yet.

I got no problem with the centers. Noah does get so much sh*t for his contract, but he really is a great team player and is a strong presence in the paint. Same goes for both Willy and Kyle; one provides a ton of strength, the other the great reach. I honestly hope Willy would be starting next season.

The rest of the bench, the guys like Kuzminskas and Thomas and so on, just are poor. It is the start of the season, so everybody is quite peaceful at this moment, but they as players just aren’t individually enough talented to be in NY. Maybe Thomas, he seems to have a bit of game, but his jumper is nothing to depend on, and I thought that was what he was here for.

And then there is Melo. Carmelo Anthony, the coolest cat in New York. You know those early morning radios that I keep moaning about? They ain’t gone, but this man is keeping them a lot more subtle.

Carmelo is a jokester, a fun guy, and a player, who really, REALLY is an offensive talent. Everybody loves him here this season. KP talks to him constantly, Jeff is pleased with his leadership, and he keeps telling me how he will go ask Phil so that I would get a raise.

This is why something doesn’t add up. He is playing and working out of his mind, what happened with the superstar Melo? What happened to the guy that everybody has been moaning about, that had the skill set to be side-by-side with LeBron as the generation-defining player, yet never really gave two f*cks about it?

Things took a different turn against the Rockets. It all started with Phil showing up before the game. Let me tell you, I couldn’t hold my excitement towards seeing him. The first thing he told me?

“Hey, go fetch Jeff for me, will you?”

Aww, that’s the boss I love. Great sport him. But even more of a “bad apple” was Melo. Actually, that is too strong of a statement, but he was different. Usually, he would run in late, making jokes and talk to Jeff about what our game plan should be.

Usually, I am the first one in the locker-room, drawing on the whiteboard and making sure we have everything sorted, yet when I walked in, Carmelo was standing in the middle of the room, with a jump rope in his hand, getting warm. I shouted his name and nothing, he didn’t respond. Obviously, he had his headphones on so I bumped him on the shoulder.

“Hey, Melo, nice to see you in so early!” – nothing. He looked at me with this angry, yet focused gaze. I swear to god something got turned upside down today. He just suited up and went to shoot warm-up jumpers.
But when the game was on, we just all clicked. I mean all of us. Frank was playing out of his mind, making it difficult to CP3 and dishing the ball out, Tim looked horrible from deep but made sure to hit the mid-range, and KP was his usual self. Yet, Melo, he was even more fierce. Ariza had no chance against him, and neither did Harden. 13 first half, 14 second half – jumpers were dropping, Houston was never in it, and this is the best team in the West.

And then I realized it – something is up. After wins, Jeff gives his usual “be motivated, but look ahead to the next game speech”, but it was Phil, who talked to the team. With the widest grin in his face, while Jeff sat back, not even content with the situation.

What is Phil up to?
Old 07-12-2017, 02:03 PM   #14
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Interesting! I also like the perspective on each of the players.

Frank Ntilikina is doing alright to start the season.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:47 PM   #15
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Phil is doing some zenmaster stuff ... or he's about to trade Melo and Melo was PISSED and went out to prove he still had it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2017, 10:40 AM   #16
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Interesting! I also like the perspective on each of the players.

Frank Ntilikina is doing alright to start the season.
Yeah I figured I gave my two cents on the team. Frank is actually great when it comes to passing the ball, I think he is second highest APG within the rookies (Ball is first), but I really have to figure out his shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Phil is doing some zenmaster stuff ... or he's about to trade Melo and Melo was PISSED and went out to prove he still had it.
Your guess is as good as mine, I suppose. :P

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »