Home

Superman's Palace: NBA 2k11 Orlando Magic Association

This is a discussion on Superman's Palace: NBA 2k11 Orlando Magic Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2017, 12:25 PM   #1
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0
Superman's Palace: NBA 2k11 Orlando Magic Association

2010-11 Orlando Magic Season Preview

If big men win championships, and the Magic have the best big man in the world, then they can’t be counted out of the championship picture, right? Even if Dwight Howard (18.3 ppg, 13.2 rpg, 2.8 bpg) didn’t really infuse pieces of summer tutor Hakeem Olajuwon‘s game into his own, he’s still going to be an MVP candidate and front-runner to win a third straight Defensive Player of the Year … As dominant as Dwight is, though, Orlando brings more to the table than just its franchise beast. The core of the team that fell two wins shy of a second straight NBA Finals appearance is back mostly intact, with only Matt Barnes out of the picture, replaced by Quentin Richardson … Offense won’t be a problem. The Magic were 6th in the League in scoring and again led the NBA in three-pointers made, and added another shooter in Q-Rich, re-signed J.J. Redick in free agency, and Stan Van Gundy has been tinkering with some lineups where Rashard Lewis would get more time at his natural small forward position. Jameer Nelson (12.6 ppg, 5.4 apg) is coming off a postseason where he had multiple big-time performances; if he can stay healthy and play close to 75 games, Orlando will be a Top-4 team offensively … Defensively, the Magic were 4th in points-against and tied for the League lead in field-goal percentage defense. Losing Barnes hurts them in guarding the perimeter, but Mickael Pietrus may be able to fill that designated stopper role. And at the same time, Orlando should be stronger rebounding and defending the paint with Brandon Bass getting more playing tinr. More than any other team, Orlando may be the most motivated by the excess hype bestowed upon the Miami Heat. The Magic are a legit title threat, and are being overshadowed in their own state by LeBron, D-Wade and Chris Bosh’s star power. Dwight has already been a little snippy during interviews whenever he’s asked about Miami.

I don’t know what to make of Vince Carter right now. It was understandable that his scoring would drop (16.6 ppg) due to playing on a better team than he had in New Jersey, but his percentages (42.8% FG, 36.7% 3PA) weren’t supposed to drop as well. Was he taking a step back and being a good teammate, or is he losing some of his skills at 33 years old? With whatever he has left, Vince needs to play more aggressive this year; more like the guy who dumped 48 points on the Hornets, less like the one who couldn’t figure out the Celtics’ defense in the Eastern Conference Finals. When Orlando’s shooters aren’t hitting and Dwight is being denied the ball, VC’s job should be to take over and make things happen offensively … Have the refs figured out how to call games involving Dwight Howard yet? Has Van Gundy figured out how to put some muscle alongside Dwight on the front line without sacrificing too much scoring? Has Dwight improved enough over the summer to at least not be an offensive liability in crunch time Jameer’s health is always a question mark, and again the cast of backup PG’s in case he does get hurt isn’t great. Duhon couldn’t hack it with the Knicks, and Jason Williams is a stop-gap starter at best … Just like their Finals run in ’09, this will be a year of exploiting matchups for the Magic, and whether they’ll be on the positive or negative end of those exploitations. In a seven-game series, Miami has to find a way to neutralize Dwight. Against Boston, the Magic are the team that needs to adjust. Van Gundy has to find a way to keep “Superman” from being locked in a phone booth while opening up looks for Vince.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #2
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Re: Superman's Palace: NBA 2k11 Orlando Magic Association

Settings
  • Season Length: 82 Games
  • Simmed Game Minutes: 12 Minutes
  • Played Game Minutes: 10 Minutes
  • Difficulty: Undecided (Will toy with sliders until liking)
  • Rosters: 2011 Flo Mo Ball
  • Draft Class: 2kShare draft classes

Other Info
  • Playing between 10-15 Regular Season games
  • Playing the entire playoffs
  • Only doing realistic free-agent signings

Inspiration
    The inspiration behind this came from Dwight Howard being traded to my favorite team the Hornets. I've always been a big Howard fan even though he wasn't on my favorite team due to his style of play. So I wanted to relive Howard's glory days in Orlando with Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis and Van Gundy. Special thanks to studbucket, vtcha and the legend trekfan for giving me ideas and such to implement into this.

Last edited by RolePlayer; 08-30-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:28 PM   #3
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Reserved for later use
Old 08-27-2017, 12:29 PM   #4
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Reserving for later use
Old 08-27-2017, 12:32 PM   #5
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Feel Free to comment now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2017, 12:45 PM   #6
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Well, first, let me say how honored I am to be listed as an inspiration. Secondly, really like the idea of a retro-chise using 2K11. There were a lot of good memories with that game, and that Orlando team was fun to play with.

I look forward to seeing what you're able to do. I miss the days when Dwight was good and not seen as a team cancer -- he was genuinely fun to follow back then.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:49 PM   #7
Rookie

Stout's Arena

This has the makings to be great, especially with draft classes. I agree with Trek about missing the days when Dwight wasn't viewed as a cancer. It's easy to forget this now, but Dwight's peak from 2007-13 alone was enough to guarantee him a Hall of Fame spot.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:43 PM   #8
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Secondly, really like the idea of a retro-chise using 2K11.
Definitely, I was 12 years old when this first came out so I didn't appreciate how balanced and good the gameplay was on this game. Instead I just started making crazy super teams or 7'7 guys who could do everything in myplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stout
This has the makings to be great, especially with draft classes. I agree with Trek about missing the days when Dwight wasn't viewed as a cancer. It's easy to forget this now, but Dwight's peak from 2007-13 alone was enough to guarantee him a Hall of Fame spot.

Exactly, kind of being way over optimistic but after he was traded to my favorite and hometown team this off-season. I've been praying the combination of going back to a good system with his old coach and Michael Jordan plus the reality of this is his last big chance to remain a star will motivate him to have a semi-resurgence back into somewhat of the player he used to be. As a Hornets fan I remember back in his Magic days when he would destroy us most significantly when the whole city was excited for Charlotte to be back in the playoffs and Dwight just killed us in four games.

All this just fueled my fire to want to go back and recreate some of those memories plus rewrite the Dwight Howard story in a way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »