Home

2k18 - 76ers "the process needs results"

This is a discussion on 2k18 - 76ers "the process needs results" within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2017, 03:55 PM   #49
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: 2k18 - 76ers "the process needs results"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Gracious, you are LOADED with assets. I agree, trade up with one of your picks

I would package the 8th overall, two early seconds, and Kormaz to the Bulls for 6th overall, if a shooting guard you want is still there. Chicago doesn't need a SG (they have Lavine) but they do need an SF -- Kormaz is plenty young enough and decent enough to be a rotation piece now and develop into a starter beside Lavine.

It's a bit of a steep price to pay, granted, but the Bulls need a major rebuild. The more picks they have, the better, and they're not wagering anything in the future so they won't lose out on their own picks.
I like the thinking with trading up and giving away pieces I don’t really need. I think I have decided on doing something similiar to what you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
My only thing is I dont think Reddick will agree to that small of a deal. He took a $23M deal to come to Philly and granted it was a 1-year deal but I feel like he's looking in the $10-15M/year range. If anything that's my only fault with 2K, there seems to be no middle ground on contracts. The stars want absurd deals and then everyone else takes pennies on the dollar.

Going to be interesting how Philly navigates the off-season though. They have the potential to run a deadly lineup of Fultz-Covington-Simmons-Saric-Embiid, not to mention whoever they end up drafting.
When I did a test offseason run I think that’s what he asked for, but yea good point it would take a little more then that to get him back. I’ll be doing the FA contracts myself so I’ll look more into it afterthoughts draft. As I think I have made my mind up what to do I’m just trying to keep everything fair and real as it’s easy to cheese on trading up in the draft. I should have a decent amount of cap space
Old 11-23-2017, 10:45 PM   #50
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

I hate you have to sacrifice the suspense of the off-season and draft to some degree because the CPU AI isn't smart.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:35 AM   #51
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
I hate you have to sacrifice the suspense of the off-season and draft to some degree because the CPU AI isn't smart.

Yea while I love doing the 30 team control for the first Time part of me misses the suspense of crossing my fingers the guy I want drops to my pick

I Am at the summer league and will post update this weekend can’t wait to play with my team

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 08:45 PM   #52
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

76ers 2018 Draft Recap

Once again the Celtics and 76ers have made a big trade involving a top draft pick.

Celtics Get
Draft Rights to Mohamed Bamba (8th overall pick)

76ers Get
2019 Kings Draft Pick (top 1 protected)

* If the Kings pick lands in the top 1 then 76ers would get the Grizzles pick if it lands 6, 7 or 8.

* If the Kings pick lands in the top 1 and Grizzles pick is 9-14 the 76ers get either a lottery protected Clippers pick or a Celtics 1st in 2019 in addition to the Grizzles pick.

* If the Kings and Grizzles picks both land from 5 to 9 whichever is the highest choice the 76ers get.

* If the Kings, Celtics, Clippers and Grizzles picks all are 10 or lower then the 76ers get the 2 highest of those picks

The Celtics went out in the 1st round of the playoffs this year and Bamba (76 ovr with A- potential) fills the need they have of rebounding and interior defense. The kings pick comes with some protections and will still likely still leave them with 3 first round picks next year. Bamba will step in right away and start at PF.

We knew the 76ers had to make a move in the draft and didn't have a room for all the rookies to play meaningful minutes. The front office must have not fell in love with any of the guards as many expected them to trade up and take one. Still with the 12th pick and those 3 early 2nd's the night isn't over for the 76ers yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Sexton
Everyone knew one Guard was going to be drafted and that player ended up being PG Collin Sexton. While numerous conversations with other teams was had in the end the 76ers sit back and got the 2nd PG off the board. Our inside sources tell us Sexton and Duval had the same grade from the front office even though Duval may be more ready to play now. Sexton is 6'3 so he can play some 2 if need be and we expect him to jump T.J for the backup PG spot. His defense and outside shooting does need some work. He can finish at the rim and is a great athlete.

Grayson Allen
The 76ers ended up trading up a few spots with the Warriors and got a J.J Reddick clone in Grayson Allen. Even after the pick the front office said they still hope to bring J.J back so we will have to see how that unfolds. While being 23 may scare some teams off it is a good thing for the 76ers as It puts him around the same age as the stars on the team. While he may never start it gives a nice role player and shooter off the bench.

Ian Paven
With the last of the initial three 2nd round picks a international prospect was taken Ion Paven. He is a 6'8 246 pound SF who will spend 1 year overseas and some reports are out he may not have the upside they thought he did when he was drafted.

** Note **

I hope the pick swap makes sense and is fair so if its not let me know and I can adjust it. I spent countless hours going over so eventually just had to do something and relax lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sexton.jpg (125.2 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg allen.jpg (107.5 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg DPmfFT1UIAAPlFU.jpg (104.5 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by georgiafan; 11-26-2017 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #53
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

2018 Draft Picks - 1st Round
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1st 18 -1.jpg (138.7 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg 1st 18 -2.jpg (128.0 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg 1srt 18 -4.jpg (127.5 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg 1st 18 -3.jpg (138.0 KB, 95 views)

Last edited by georgiafan; 11-26-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:53 PM   #54
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

2018 Draft Picks - 2nd Round
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2nd round -2 18.jpg (136.5 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg 2nd round 18.jpg (133.3 KB, 97 views)
Old 11-27-2017, 09:20 AM   #55
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

OVR: 0

I love the Sexton pick. He can fill it up.

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 09:35 AM   #56
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
I love the Sexton pick. He can fill it up.
I played with him in summer league and he is going to be good. I was torn on him and Duval and I liked a little Duval better just not enough to move up to get him. Duval is a better shooter overall, but Sexton was rated better inside scoring. He is 6'3 can play the 2 guard if I want to play Ben or Fultz at PG. I am going to have a lot of depth so not sure how many minutes he will get as a rookie.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »