Home

Make Room for the Sun - A Phoenix Suns MyLeague

This is a discussion on Make Room for the Sun - A Phoenix Suns MyLeague within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2017, 09:58 PM   #1
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

OVR: 0
Make Room for the Sun - A Phoenix Suns MyLeague

I am going to be using the updated 2k rosters with the Suns, as I think they have a great young player, and I loved watching Josh Jackson in college. However, after Jackson and Booker, they have absolutely nothing and I want to see what I can build. I will be using MyLeague so I am not forced into making moves which you are in MyGM.

I will be using custom sliders that I have adjusted to be very competitive.

I will be playing one game every two weeks, or two a month, plus any important games such as a tie breaker down the playoff stretch. All playoff games will be played.

I will be giving an update after every week. I hope you all enjoy.

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2017, 10:07 PM   #2
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Re: Make Room for the Sun - A Phoenix Suns MyLeague

4 Things to watch this season:

#1 - Devin Booker's Progression

Booker had a fabulous 2016 season, but now team's know that he is "the man." Will Booker be able to handle this? Will he be able to average 25 points per game, which he needs to do to give the Suns a shot at making the playoffs in the stacked west?

#2 - The Teams Direction

The Suns have been out of contention ever since Steve Nash called it quits, and don't look like they will be competitive this year, either. However, will the new front office decide to blow it up even more, or will they look at brining in veterans to add a few wins to this squad?

#3 - The Point Guard Position

Tyler Ulis is an exciting, young player, but isn't tall. He doesn't have the typical build of a point guard, but then again neither does Isaac Thomas. However, the Suns acquired college star Josh Jackson, who the new front office is considering to run the point, this off-season, and he looks like the future at the position for the Suns. How will the team handle the minutes distribution at the one?

#4 - Tyson Chandler

What will the Suns do with Tyson Chandler? He isn't a shell of the player he once was, but he does provide one thing. Veteran locker room presence. Will the front office keep him around to help pave the path for the young guns, or flip him for another potential young asset?

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild

Last edited by milldaddy35; 11-23-2017 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:22 PM   #3
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Suns Introduce New Front Office

(Suns owner speaks to the media)

Phoenix, AZ - Ryan McDonough was relieved of his duties this past off-season after he serves as the general manager for the suns, starting in the 2013 seasons. McDonough has been relieved from his role because the team is not headed in the right direction, and a change was needed, starting at the top. The Suns have decided on a new, young, innovate GM named Archie Wagner, who is 32 years old. He joins Toronto GM as the youngest in the game.

Archie was hired away from the Golden State Warriors this off-season, and is thought to be one of the main analytical thinkers inside of that organization. Archie relies heavily on numbers, and isn't afraid to hand to make moves that some will question. He is also upfront and honest about everything.

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 11-23-2017, 11:32 PM   #4
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Suns Release Opening Day Roster

Suns 2017-18 Roster
#NAMEPOSAGEHTWTSALARY
8Tyler UlisPG215'10"1.31M
11Brandon KnightPG256'3"13.62M
1Devin BookerSG206'6"2.32M
30Troy DanielsSG266'4"3.41M
32Davon ReedSG226'6"815K
12TJ WarrenSF246'8"3.15M
20Josh JacksonSF206'8"5.09M
10Derrick Jones Jr.SF206'7"1.31M
15Alan WilliamsPF246'8"6.00M
3Jared DudleyPF326'7"10.00M
35Dragan BenderPF197'1"4.47M
14Greg MonroeC276'11"17.86M
21Alex LenC247'1"4.19M
4Tyson ChandlerC357'1"13.00M
">

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 11-24-2017, 01:12 AM   #5
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Week 1 Review

Team Review

The Suns started the season hosting the Portland Trail Blazer's and their talented back court of Lillard and McCollum, and they did not disappoint. The duo combined for 58 points, but that would not be enough for the Trail Blazers, as Phoenix came out victorious 114-109. Devin Booker came out firing, scoring 30 points on 19 shots, including 11-11 at the charity stripe. Greg Monroe also posted a double double, with 21 points and 12 boards, on 60 percent shooting. The Trail Blazers scorched home 14 threes on 29 attempts, which is a major concern for the Suns, and must improve if they want to have a successful season.

Game two of the season brought Lonzo Ball and the Lakers to town, and this was a disappointing game for Suns' fans. Not much defense was played, as both teams shot over 50%, but the Lakers added in 32 points from the line. Defense was once again the downfall, and allowed the Lakers to score 67 points from their bench. Lonzo was disappointing as well, only scoring six points, on 1-3 shooting. Marquese Chriss led the Suns with 21 points, including three deep balls.

The third and final game of the week brought Phoenix to LA, but this time to face the Clippers, and this was the most lackluster performance of the week. Blake Griffin went off for 31 points on 11-16 shooting in 31 minutes. Patrick Beverley also added 18, including 3-5 from long distance. The Clippers shot 57% from the floor, while the Suns just managed to shoot 47%. Devin Booker had a strong showing, dropping in 26 points, and dropping five dimes. No other starter scored in double digits.

League News:

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2017, 04:40 AM   #6
Rookie

Doing a Suns rebuild (be it in Vegas) myself and having a lot of fun with it.
So I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this!

New management's a great first step. Curious to see what you do with Monroe, Chandler and others ... Lots of nice pieces to work with
Old 11-24-2017, 10:32 AM   #7
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogo
Doing a Suns rebuild (be it in Vegas) myself and having a lot of fun with it.
So I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this!

New management's a great first step. Curious to see what you do with Monroe, Chandler and others ... Lots of nice pieces to work with
Thanks. I really like the idea of running Jackson at point, which I did at the end of that blazers game. I will be following yours around as well. I think chandler and Dudley both need to go, but I need to find the right deal.

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 11-24-2017, 03:36 PM   #8
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Week 2 Review

Team Review

The Suns hosted the lifeless Kings, and the Suns came out on top for their second win of the year. Booker once again led the team in scoring with 22, but it took him 23 shots to produce that output. Brandon Knight was solid off the bench with 14 points in just 15 minutes. Both teams shot below 45%, but the Suns edged the Kings 100-93.

The second game of the week brought the Utah Jazz to town, and the Suns lost this one in a heartbreaker, 91-89. The Suns had six players score in double digits, and Alan Williams had his first double-double of the season with 11 points and 10 boards. Rodney Hood hit one of his two three pointers within the final minute to give the Jazz the win on the night. Hood had 17.

The final game of the week had the Suns traveling to Portland for a revenge game, and the Blazers got just that, blazin' the Suns 117-74. Lillard and McCollum once again led the way with 24 and 24 points, respectively. Lillard did so on 10-14 shooting, while CJ was 9-19, including 3-7 from long distance. The Blazers shot 56% from the floor, while the Suns just shot 31%, but had 21 made free throws. Brandon Knight was once again impressive with 17 points in 17 minutes. Devin Booker was a no show with just 3 points in 23 minutes on 1-12 shooting.

The Suns now sit at 3rd in the division, and find themselves 11th in the conference.

League News

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »