Home

Sonic Boom - A New Orleans Pelicans Franchise

This is a discussion on Sonic Boom - A New Orleans Pelicans Franchise within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2017, 07:54 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Sonic Boom - A New Orleans Pelicans Franchise

Seattle is the plan

Pelicans owner Bob Sanderson has informed me that the plan is in fact in place to move the New Orleans Pelicans to his hometown of Seattle after this season.

As of today, there is no confirmation on the move and everything is still officially pending. He has asked me to keep this move quite as much as possible while all the Details are ironed out

stay tuned...

psn - CeeGee
Old 12-03-2017, 07:57 PM   #18
MVP

2017/18 Trade Deadling

We're sitting here at the Trade Deadling with the worst record in the NBA, which means currently we have the best odds of Acquiring the #1 pick in the draft.

There weren't any moves that I personally WANTED to make today, so the phone lines were pretty quite on our end.

However, Ast GM Andrew Sanderson, took it upon himself to pull off a deal just minutes before the deadline, acquiring PF Montrez Harrell from the Clippers in exchange for Ian Clark and AJ Martin.

Needless to say, I'm not thrilled that Andrew pulled the trigger on this deal without coming to me first. We've talked about it and he's assured me that it wont happen again.

Moving forward, we're simply trying to get through this ugly season and get into the Offseason so we can really start to rebuild this franchise.

psn - CeeGee

Last edited by cgalligan; 12-04-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:25 PM   #19
MVP

Hey everyone,

i may be restarting this franchise (again) because I've been looking around at some of the other Franchise Stories and its given me some ideas that I'd like to use from the very beginning.

I'll still be rolling with the Pelicans, using My GM mode, mainly because I love the first rookie draft class and i think it can add really interesting story lines down the road.

psn - CeeGee
Old 12-06-2017, 10:17 AM   #20
MVP

Hey everyone, sadly, I feel like I've come to the harsh realization that the MY GM game mode is simply not going to be able to deliver the type of experience that i can fully get behind. For many reasons that I wont go into to much detail, as most of this has been addressed here on OS many times.

1. the 1st draft class kills any sort of realistic franchise experience for me going forward in the franchise. I get the idea they were trying to capture, but for "sim heads" like myself, Jackson Baldwin, Freddie Staples and Mirko Petrovic basically break the game for me honestly. Don't get me wrong, they are fun to play with, just for fun, but for me to get "into it" and create a running blog its just not fun for me for simply regurgitate how amazing Jackson Baldwin is, and list him as League MVP for the next 15 Seasons.
If its not fun for me it wont be a good read / follow for you

2. not having control over the CPU teams breaks the franchise after a few years because of stupid trades and terrible cap management from nearly every single team in the league.

All that being said, I've spent a ton of time researching the threads here on OS, figuring out how i want to attack a 30 team franchise going forward, I've found some awesome resources from the community here and I can't wait to get this thing rolling. Look for a new thread from me opening up shortly. I'll give you the cliffnotes version of what to expect, and of course a more detailed explination of what to expect when i make the 1st new post in the next few days.

1. 30 team control, obviously. while I'll be mainly handling my hometown Cavaliers, i will be deeply entrenched in the rest of the league as well. I'll allow the CPU handle some aspects of the other teams, but, I'll be managing nearly all of the Roster management for every single team with the goal of keeping this as realistic as possible.

2. I'll be using the owner personalities from the MY GM mode and bringing them into the 30 Team MY LEAGUE so we keep some sense of identity with all the teams in the league

3. I'll be using sliders, rosters, draft classes, fictional draft classes (after year 3 or 4 of real classes) and much more. I think you guys are really going to enjoy it

Check out my Cavaliers franchise blog that i wrote a few years back if you're interested, it should give you a good idea of what to expect from me this year in 2k18

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...p-rebuild.html

Anyway, that's all i got for now, I'll be getting the new thread posted soon so make sure you guys subscribe to it when it goes up so you get notifications when i make new posts.

Take care
-
Cg

psn - CeeGee
Old 12-06-2017, 01:55 PM   #21
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

For the draft I would just take the BPA for positions 1-3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 02:00 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
For the draft I would just take the BPA for positions 1-3
yeah thats true, i do wanna give the CPU "some" freedom, just not enough freedom to ruin the franchise haha

psn - CeeGee

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »