Home

A Rebuild Worthy of a King (Kings Myleague)

This is a discussion on A Rebuild Worthy of a King (Kings Myleague) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2018, 01:01 PM   #25
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A Rebuild Worthy of a King (Kings Myleague)

Big Trades Today

Mirotic to New Orleans, DeAndre Jordan to Cavs

Cavaliers Receive: DeAndre Jordan
Clippers Receive: Tristan Thompson, Ante Zizic, 18' 1rst Round (Net)

Bulls Receive: Omer Asik, Dante Cunningham, 18' 1rst
Pelicans Receive: Nikola Mirotic
With the deadline looming, two major trades went down today in the NBA. The first being DeAndre Jordan to Cleveland, the Cavs threw away their future over the deadline. Opting to compete now and hope to keep Lebron rather than play it safe. By picking up DeAndre Jordan they now have a monster in the paint who can dunk over anyone.

The Clippers get the Nets pick, a sure fire top ten pick and possibily a top 5 pick. The Clippers may now be able to get another offensive stud to pair with Blake Griffin. They also get Tristan Thompson, who many could call a poor mans DeAndre Jordan.

The Bulls and Clippers also completed a significant deal. The Bulls got rid of Mirotic who is a great player but is out of the teams timeline. For trading him they got a First round pick to add to their young core and will be able to give more minutes to the young players.

The Pelicans got another tower to add to the twin towers of Demarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis. The duo has been one of the most electric big man duos the NBA has seen in the last decade and Mirotic will be a great piece of the bench.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #26
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Bogdanovic Traded to Atlanta

Kings Trade Bogdanovic to Open up More Cap

Hawks Receive: Bogdan Bogdanovic
Kings Receive: 18' 2nd Round Pick, 19' Round Pick
The Kings have been very active this deadline, in a move to free up more cap they have moved again. The Kings have traded 25 year old Bogdan Bogdanovic for two 2nd round picks and a filler player that is expected to be cut. The trade has been highly controversial and many Kings fans have expressed their displeasure about the move.

The front office clearly has a plan this off season, they will have over 61 million to play with this offseason and a top pick.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:46 PM   #27
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I like the trades very good logic in all of them... The cavs never seem to win in 2k so maybe they will have better luck with DJ
Old 02-12-2018, 06:19 PM   #28
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I like the trades very good logic in all of them... The cavs never seem to win in 2k so maybe they will have better luck with DJ
Yeah, I liked all the trades. The Bogdan one was a little funky to me but he was getting 10mil a year for the next four years and I hated playing with him. He has decent potential but I just hated him for some reason so I threw him out the door.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:04 PM   #29
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Gasol, Evans to Dallas

Dallas Gears up for One Last run in 2019

Grizzlies Receive: Wesley Matthews, Max Klebber, 18' 2nd Round Pick 19' 1rst Round Pick
Mavericks Receive: Marc Gasol, Tyreke Evans
One last trade squeaked in during the final hours of the deadline, the Grizzlies and Mavericks were able to connect on a deal that gives the Mavs life for 2019.

The Mavs have been in a weird spot the last several year, with a horrible roster but stuck with older player such as Dirk, Wes Matthews, J.J Barea and Devin Harris. The team caught a big break in the off season by drafting Dennis Smith JR. But clearly with a old veteran roster all under contract for the next two years it would be hard for the Mavericks to do a true tank and play the young talent.

The team also has Harrison Barnes who is a great player buts timeline may not quite match up with a team looking to tank. The team found a way to compete again and give Dirk Nowitski the final run to end his career on instead of dwelling in bottom to end his career.

By doing the trade now instead of waiting Dallas will also have a half season to get the team to gel and figure each other out before the season it counts.

For the Grizzlies they will be able to commit to their tank now, the team is having a awful season but Gasol and Evans were both talented players who can help another team.

This also marks the end of the Grit and Grind era in Memphis as the final players from that team have been traded.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:13 PM   #30
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

This trade was probably the weirdest out of all of the ones I've done the last two days so i'll explain the logic. The Mavericks had a roster full of veterans so they wouldn't be able to fully commit to a tank, the idea behind this trade is that by collecting Gasol and Evans it gives them two great talents to give Dirk one last shot to make some noise in the playoffs.

Also by the time all these big time players are off the books Dennis Smith JR will be ready to take the ropes.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:40 PM   #31
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2018, 09:47 PM   #32
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Alright, I hope nobody hates me for this but I'm going to sim the rest of the season. This first season was set up to what I want to create in the offseason in general with the Kings and the rest of the league. I want to turn the league in a different direction this offseason.

I've thought long and hard about this and decided it's the best. Hopefully nobody will hate me for this. I just really wanted to get to the off season and set up what I have planned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »