Home

One Last Shot: Jordan's Final Chapter.

This is a discussion on One Last Shot: Jordan's Final Chapter. within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2018, 02:11 PM   #17
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What to watch in MJ comeback

Lots of story lines for your upcoming season ... does Jordan still have what it takes to compete with the younger generation of Kobe/VC/Pierce? We're soon to find out.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:26 PM   #18
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: What to watch in MJ comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Lots of story lines for your upcoming season ... does Jordan still have what it takes to compete with the younger generation of Kobe/VC/Pierce? We're soon to find out.

We will see! It's the supporting cast I have my doubt's about. Have played a few warm-up games with the roster and intra-squad scrimmages. There are some people with very poor hands.... and others that can't hit a contesed shot. Yikes... There is a lot of work to do, and learning how to play with a slower MJ is going to be challenging too. Still deciding whether to go with player lock or control the whole team...

Finalizing the contracts for season 2 and 3 on all players then i'm ready to go.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:38 AM   #19
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Re: One Last Shot: Jordan's Final Chapter.

So 99 percent finished on roster and setup. I'm going to be playing this on player lock with Jordan. Learning the plays now and it gives a more realistic feel for the story this way. Totally up to the roster to step up for Jordan!
Old 06-19-2018, 11:21 AM   #20
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaboh
So 99 percent finished on roster and setup. I'm going to be playing this on player lock with Jordan. Learning the plays now and it gives a more realistic feel for the story this way. Totally up to the roster to step up for Jordan!

Man, you're putting alot of faith in those players. I mean, you're basically setting up the season as Jordan himself set it up -- I'll do it all if I need to, which was always his mentality and only Phil Jackson really convinced him to trust in others at critical times.

Young Rip, very young Kwame, and Ty Lue? Let's hope the sim engine is kind.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:06 PM   #21
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Man, you're putting alot of faith in those players. I mean, you're basically setting up the season as Jordan himself set it up -- I'll do it all if I need to, which was always his mentality and only Phil Jackson really convinced him to trust in others at critical times.

Young Rip, very young Kwame, and Ty Lue? Let's hope the sim engine is kind.
Yep, well I am going to write a review of the game post match from Jordan, so best to feel his frustrations first hand! I think it will make it easier to write. Have ran a few practice games and scrimmages so have a feel for what I can and can't do!

Updated presentation on my earlier posts, looks a lot cleaner and like web page now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 08:17 AM   #22
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Game 1 - 76ers vs Wizards

Jordan leads the way with 44, but 76ers win behind Iverson's 36

October 18th, 2001 | by NBA.COM

Its official, Jordan is back, and he has picked up where he left off. Jordan took the 76ers and Matt Harpring for 44 points tonight. Outdueling Allen Iverson's 36 points. The 76ers however where the better team on the night and pulled out the win.

The first two quarters were an extremely tight affair with the Wizards leading 58-57 heading into half time. Jordan was scorching in the first half hitting 22 points. But the rest of the Wizards too often stood around and watched Jordan take over. Jordan ended up shooting 32 shots, and incredible number. The only other player to attempt double figure shots was Patrick Ewing with 13.

On the other side Iverson had Derrick Coleman backing him up as they went to battle wit Jordan. Iverson kept the scoreboard ticking, as Rip Hamilton and Tyronn Lue struggled to contain him. Coleman and Mutombo owned the glass grabbing 29 rebounds between them. The 76ers moved the ball well and really played as a team, something the Wizards could not say.

Christian Laettner hit double figures for the Wiz, along with Ewing. Rip Hamilton was inconsistent, and will need to learn how to play off Jordan. 6 shots is far too few. However the 76ers are the favorite for the Eastern Conference title this year. The Pacers won the East last season, but they have lost a little depth. Iverson's 16 point 4th quarter was enough to take the 76ers out of sight in the end.

"I shot the ball 32 times, tonight was too much about me, this won't work. I need to do a better job of getting everyone involved. Tonight's loss is on me." Said the returning Michael Jordan. He's certainly right, he may not have a great supporting cast, but he has to use them more than this.

Box Score
Spoiler

Last edited by RMJH4; 06-22-2018 at 04:12 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:34 AM   #23
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Game 2 - Pistons v Wizards

Wizards power home with win over Pistons.

October 20th, 2001 | by NBA.COM

Win #1 for Jordan and the Wizards in 2001-02. And it was a very comfortable victory in the end. Jordan was much more efficient tonight, and got some great backup from his teammates. Hamilton, Laettner, Ewing and Chris Mullin all scored in double figures.

The Wizards seem to have learned a big lesson from their loss to the 76ers. Share the ball and good things will happen. It's not just the Michael Jordan show in Washington, and it seems like the Wizards realised that tonight. Jordan still top scored with 24, but on 10-16 shooting with 6 assists, it was a much more balanced performance.

Yes it's paragraph three before we mention the Pistons. And for good reason. they were awful. Corliss Williamson got it in his mind to have a battle with Jordan. And you can tell it didn't go too well. It kept the Pistons from getting a rhythm, and Jerry Stackhouse struggled to shrug off Rip Hamilton. Hamilton's defense was much better tonight, and has sown the seeds of a becoming a solid perimeter defender.

The Wizards were only up 50-39 at half time, but they came out even stronger early in the 2nd half. Jordan only needed to play 32 minutes tonight which was a real positive. A real negative though has been Kwame Brown who is yet to score a basket in the NBA. in 20 minutes playing time, Brown has 4 rebounds and 3 assists total. He's only attempted 1 shot though. It'll take time with Brown, and Patrick Ewing has been leading by example so far as his primary teacher. 0 turnovers so far is a positive.

The Wizards face the Nuggets next, and they will look to take the same mentality into that game. "Much better all around performance tonight, we shared the ball, and worked hard on defense. This is the blueprint for success." Jordan was buoyant afterwards and Hi-5ing his teammates.

Box Score
Spoiler

Last edited by RMJH4; 06-22-2018 at 04:13 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:44 AM   #24
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Game 3 Wizards @ Nuggets

Nick Van Exel leads Nuggets over Wizards.

October 23rd, 2001 | by NBA.COM

Nick Van Exel rolled back the years tonight and lead the Nuggets to an unexpected win. James Posey and Voshon Lenard played the role of Jordan tamers tonight, and both did a respectable job. Jordan was held to 16 points on 7-13 shooting. Playing only 29 minutes, his impact was a lot smaller than the opening 2 games.

Tim Hardaway and Juwan Howard also hit 22 points each. Howard the former Wizard was determined to show Jordan just what he gave up at last year's trade deadline. Howard was effective with 7 rebounds and 2 assists. He played well off Van Exel and Hardaway. The Nuggets were without star player Antonio McDyess tonight (Strained Ankle), but what that did was allow Juwan Howard to play some time at the center. The Nuggets played a faster style and shot a massive 29 three pointers in the game and hit 13 of them. The Wizards had no answer for the ball movement and shooting tonight.

Christian Laettner led the challenge though, and a double-double of 20 and 10 was impressive. Rip Hamilton was MIA again, and Courtney Alexander had to try and shoot the Wizards back in to contention. The Wizards shot a total of 12 three pointers, and this was the biggest difference between the two teams. The Wizards couldn't get much scoring going in the post apart from Laettner, who shot a number of long two's.

Another game dropped for the Wizards, and Coach Collins has a lot to think about. The Starting 5 of Whitney, Hamilton, Jordan, Laettner and Ewing is not really working, so something needs to change.

"We got ran of the floor tonight on defense. The Nuggets moved the ball really well, and we just stood and watched. We have to step it up." Jordan was a frustrated figure as often he was first man back on fastbreaks. Not a good sign when you are the oldest player on the team.

Box Score
Spoiler

Last edited by RMJH4; 06-22-2018 at 09:07 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »