Home

The Time Is Now - Washington Wizards 2k19 MyLeague

This is a discussion on The Time Is Now - Washington Wizards 2k19 MyLeague within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2018, 02:55 PM   #9
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Time Is Now - Washington Wizards 2k19 MyLeague

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Following, glad to see someone run with the Wizards -- they were on my short list. Lots of interesting ways it could all go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Following along nice to see the 2k19 dynasty’s start up and wiz are a team with star players that have been stuck should be interesting
Glad you like the pick! I personally thought the same, as there are quite a few intriguing pieces in this team, and storylines to follow. Thanks for following!

P.S: Is the format OK?

Last edited by Cruzerr; 09-17-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:46 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

I like the format. I am glad to see some people still playing in the East. While the West is stacked there should be some interesting storylines you could play with as well. Good luck!
Old 09-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #11
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

John Wall out with a sprained knee for 1-2 weeks
November 3, 2018

The Wizards have started their season off going 5-3, and while looking sharp most games, inconsistency has really hurt them. Their 3 losses came in a row, and while one of those came against the champions, Golden State Warriors, two of them were against the Kings and the Clippers, teams that nobody would expect to make the playoffs in the long run. But their worries just got a bit bigger, as their star and leader, John Wall, will miss the next 2 weeks with a sprained left knee injury.

Coach Scott Skiles was obviously upset that he is injured but still notes that it is early days. “It is tough, John is a competitor and our leader on the floor, but luckily it isn’t a major injury and we got guys ready to step up,” said Skiles after practice. Many wonders if these increased minutes will be good for some players, as pundits have Satoransky taking the starting role, with potentially Jodie Meeks and the rookie, Troy Brown, getting their first minutes this season.

Wall himself was disappointed but is confident that his team can play well without him. “I was out for some time last season, and the guys did really well. I have faith in them still battling hard and competing night in and night out.”

The Wizards have a rather favourable run of games in the next few weeks, with only facing the Mavericks (5-4) from the West. Still, they do have to play the Nets (6-3), the Miami Heat (4-4) and the Orlando Magic twice (also 4-4). It will be intriguing to see how they do without their main man.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2018, 12:54 PM   #12
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Otto Porter injured with a sprained ankle; will miss a week of action
November 5, 2018

The injury came after a simmed Knicks game

Old 09-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #13
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Oof, injuries hitting early for the Wizards -- one hopes that the team gets it out of the way early and maintains good health going forward.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:05 PM   #14
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

very beautiful these stories, I follow you with interest

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2018, 01:21 PM   #15
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzerr
Glad you like the pick! I personally thought the same, as there are quite a few intriguing pieces in this team, and storylines to follow. Thanks for following!

P.S: Is the format OK?
The format seems fine to me I see your not posting every game which I think is good because posting something about all 82 games is prob a bit to much both for you and the reader.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2018, 03:05 PM   #16
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

[6-4] Washington Wizards 105 @ 95 Dallas Mavericks [5-4]
Wizards | Team Stats | Mavericks

Full team effort as Wizards take down the Mavericks
November 6, 2018

The Wizards might have been missing their two stars, but it was an all-around effort from the whole squad, which really didn’t allow the Mavericks ever to get on a roll.

Washington took the lead quickly, as Beal and Morris lead the team in scoring. Mavericks were right on their heels most the time, as Dennis Smith Jr. played some unstoppable offence, and DeAndre Jordan allowed them to get easy second-chance points. However, the third quarter was the deciding factor, as Beal kept on firing while Howard made it look easy on the other end, blocking every shot on the way.

Bradley Beal had a few words for the bench players, saying that he knows they can play like that every night. “We have a ton of talent, and even when missing John and Otto, we showed that we can play strong every night. I am proud of these guys.”

The Wizards go on to play the Orlando Magic next game, while Dallas will start their road-trip against the Utah Jazz.

News of the week

Russell with 30 points, 7 rebounds, 10 assists against the 76ers
Kawhi Leonard with 49-8-9 stat-line as the Raptors destroy the Lakers
Schroeder and Westbrook combine for 70 points as OKC beats the Pelicans
Grizzlies beat the Warriors for their first win of the season (record: 1-12)
Eastern Conference POTW – Kawhi Leonard (Toronto Raptors)
Western Conference POTW – DeMarcus Cousins (Golden State Warriors)

Last edited by Cruzerr; 09-18-2018 at 03:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »