Home

The Time Is Now - Washington Wizards 2k19 MyLeague

This is a discussion on The Time Is Now - Washington Wizards 2k19 MyLeague within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2018, 12:41 PM   #41
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Time Is Now - Washington Wizards 2k19 MyLeague

Wizards Team Stats

Jeff Green is injured for 4-6 weeks with a broken left leg, happened mid-December.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2018, 03:00 PM   #42
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Damn, Green was putting up some tidy numbers -- 10 PPG on over 50% shooting. Either Oubre or Brown will need to step up and neither has been particularly good (under 40% from the field, yesh). Might need to dive into free agency to see if a veteran pickup on a minimum deal can help you out.

Still, sitting at 26-11, rolling with what you got would probably be preferable -- at least it would be less disruptive.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:21 PM   #43
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Booked with the big season average 28 doesn’t look like it’s helping the suns be a whole lot better. Nice year for Dwight Howard
Old 10-11-2018, 06:00 AM   #44
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Damn, Green was putting up some tidy numbers -- 10 PPG on over 50% shooting. Either Oubre or Brown will need to step up and neither has been particularly good (under 40% from the field, yesh). Might need to dive into free agency to see if a veteran pickup on a minimum deal can help you out.

Still, sitting at 26-11, rolling with what you got would probably be preferable -- at least it would be less disruptive.
Yeah, Green offered a lot of flexibility, as he could switch between the 3 and the 4 and offer solid numbers, not just scoring. His injury does hurt and I do need others to step up, but I have a bit of a different plan in regards to free agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Booked with the big season average 28 doesn’t look like it’s helping the suns be a whole lot better. Nice year for Dwight Howard
Yeah, sadly the Suns still suck - Booker is putting up insane numbers, but I don't think he is anywhere near the All-Star voting as well. Dwight is solid as well, I've kinda gotten the hang of the PnR with him and Wall.

E: I am also glad you guys didn't mind the quick summary!

Last edited by Cruzerr; 10-11-2018 at 06:04 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:03 AM   #45
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Wizards sign Jamal Crawford
January 1, 2019

What a way to kick off the new year!

The Washington Wizards have started their season quite well, sitting second in the conference, with a record of 26-11. While they have quite good depth this season, they have had a few injuries to deal with, most notable Porter and Wall sitting out for some time, and Jeff Green being out currently for 6 weeks with a broken left leg. So, they decided to bring in extra creativity, scoring and razzle-dazzle, as they announced the signing of Jamal Crawford today.

Crawford, the 3x Sixth Man of the Year, joins the Wizards on a 1yr/$4.33m contract. He himself was quite happy to join a dominant force in the East, as he hasn’t played there since his Atlanta days back in 2011. “They have a good thing going here, so honestly, it was a no-brainer for me. I am ready to do what I do best and show them that I can still play at a high level.”

Coach Skiles praised his work ethic and his experience. “We picked Jamal because he is a professional, a veteran, who can help the younger guys here. He still has quite a bit to show, I wouldn’t look at his age and say that he can’t contribute anymore – we brought him here to make us a force.”

The signing of Crawford gives the Wizards a very good line-up coming off the bench and another ball-handler, allowing players like Wall and Rivers to score more. Time will tell how he will fit into the team, but it does seem like he can be a difference maker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2018, 11:02 AM   #46
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

[17-19] Atlanta Hawks 77 @ 119 Washington Wizards [26-11]
Hawks | Team Stats | Wizards

Crawford debuts as Wizards brush the Hawks aside
January 2, 2019

It wasn’t much of a contest between these two teams, as the talent level was too significant, but the Capital One Arena was as electric as ever. Jamal Crawford was now a Wizard, and the fans were excited to see the premier sixth-man.

The game was one-sided right from the start. Washington was up by 20 already in the first quarter, as the dunks of Wall energized the team heavily. “We ran right from the start, and while young teams can run with you, there is a noticeable difference between a young team versus an experienced team running the floor. They just couldn’t cope with us,” said coach Skiles after the game.

As for Atlanta, there really wasn’t that much to talk positively about. Trae Young scored at a good pace, but the Hawks were never going to catch up to the Wizards

Washington will go up against the Heat in their next game, while Atlanta hosts the Raptors.

News of the week

• J.J Barea with 36 points as the Mavericks beat the Thunder
Simmons with 35 points, 12 rebounds as Sixers beat Portland
Leonard drops 37 against his old team, as the Toronto Raptors beat the Spurs
Harden with 34 points as the Rockets beat the Warriors
EASTERN CONFERENCE POTW – Kevin Love (Cleveland Cavaliers)
WESTERN CONFERENCE POTW – James Harden (Houston Rockets)

Old 10-12-2018, 04:28 PM   #47
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

[27-12] Washington Wizards 133 @ 123 Oklahoma City Thunder [25-13]
Wizards | Team Stats | Thunder

Bench play makes the difference
January 6, 2019

An exciting inter-conference matchup between two teams who currently both sit in second, as the Washington Wizards rolled into Chesapeake Arena to face the Oklahoma City Thunder. While both teams’ stars showed up to play, it was the performance of the bench players that gave the Wizards the edge in this one. Multiple runs were started by the bench players, with both Crawford and Rivers leading the charge. Coach Scott Skiles was very happy with the energy.

“We at times have been sloppy with the ball, and the same was expected tonight. Thunder are a good team defensively, so sometimes we got punished by our quick tempo, but I like this style of play. The more we run, the more points we are putting up, and it seems like the guys are enjoying it.”

As for Thunder, the had a few chances to pull the game back, but in the end, they couldn’t hit their shots, while both Beal and Morris torched them deep and from the line. Oklahoma will host the Jazz in their next game, while the Wizards face the Sixers twice.

News of the week

LeBron with 40 points and 11 assists as the Lakers beat the Timberwolves
Porter Jr with 22 points as the Nuggets blaze past the Rockets
DeRozan scores 37 points in the win over the Grizzlies
Mitchell’s 38 points and 10 rebounds enough as the Jazz beat the Magic
EASTERN CONFERENCE POTW – Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks)
WESTERN CONFERENCE POTW – LeBron James (Los Angeles Lakers)

Old 10-13-2018, 05:42 AM   #48
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

[36-8] Toronto Raptors 113 @ 128 Washington Wizards [30-13]
Raptors | Team Stats | Wizards

Titans of the East collide; Washington comes out on top
January 13, 2019

The game was one the most anticipated ones in the East, as many have this pair facing in the Eastern Conference Finals – it was the Toronto Raptors rolling into Washington to face the Wizards. While Kawhi Leonard has been producing a potentially MVP-worthy season, the boys in Washington gave them a fight and ultimately, a beating.

It was the aggressiveness of the Wizards that gave them the edge, as they managed to get to the line more, leaving Toronto in foul trouble. John Wall lead the team with his scoring and play, which really made it difficult for the Raptors bigs, as they couldn’t find an answer to his inside play. “I was just feeling it. It was a big game, it is what I do,” said Wall after the game.

As for Toronto, Leonard was as good as ever, hitting big shots and being impossible to guard – Wizards rotated multiple defenders on him, with very little success. However, it was the rest of the team that was quiet, while Washington had multiple players stepping up, even from the bench.

Washington will host the Knicks in their next game, while the Raptors go up against the Celtics

News of the week

Trae Young with 44 points and 9 assists in the win over the Bucks
King James with a triple-double (38-11-10) against his old team, the Cavaliers
Devin Booker with 36 points as the Suns beat the Pacers
Kevin Love goes for 45 points as the Cavaliers beat the Trail Blazers
EASTERN CONFERENCE POTW – Trae Young (Atlanta Hawks)
WESTERN CONFERENCE POTW – Paul George (Oklahoma City Thunder)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »