Home

The Time Is Now - Washington Wizards 2k19 MyLeague

This is a discussion on The Time Is Now - Washington Wizards 2k19 MyLeague within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2018, 08:29 AM   #1
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

OVR: 0
The Time Is Now - Washington Wizards 2k19 MyLeague

Hello everybody and welcome! I haven't posted here in a while, but I figured while picking up NBA2k19, I'd get back into the mix of posting here and making a new MyLeague. I've really enjoyed the gameplay of this years 2k, as it feels more of a basketball game than just an arcade sim.

I've chosen the Washington Wizards as my MyLeague team, as this team has a lot of intriguing new pieces and a lot of intricate parts and storylines around them. I hope you enjoy this!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2018, 08:30 AM   #2
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Re: The Time Is Now - Washington Wizards 2k19 MyLeague

| | | |

Markieff Morris | John Wall | Dwight Howard | Bradley Beal | Otto Porter Jr

| | | | | | |

Austin Rivers | Jeff Green | Tomas Satoransky | Kelly Oubre Jr | Ian Mahinmi | Jodie Meeks | Thomas Bryant | Jason Smith | Troy Brown Jr (no picture)

Last edited by Cruzerr; 09-16-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:43 AM   #4
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

[0-1] Miami Heat 83 @ 111 Washington Wizards [0-0]
Heat | Team Stats | Wizards

Good defence gives the Wizards a 1-0 start
October 18, 2018

The start of a new season – the best time for all the NBA fans, as everybody has the “real” or “fake” sense of hope that their team will be competing for the title this season. And while the Wizards and Heat aren’t the top-dogs in the East, they both wanted to make sure that they start the season off well. Unfortunately for Miami’s fans, the Wizards came out swinging.

Some solid defence right from the start caused a lot of headaches, as Washington went on a 14-2 run. Bradley Beal came out firing, as he scored 11 of his 30 points in the first quarter. Coach Skiles praised his team for their strong play defensively, saying that was the reason which allowed them to get easy buckets. “We suffocated them early. Obviously, with the pace we have, we can get the ball up quickly and score, but it starts from D. You defend well, you get easy looks. Simple as that.”

Miami was on the back foot for the whole game, as they really couldn’t get it going. Their poor shooting was visible across the board, as multiple players struggled, with the likes of Dragic (4-11), Waiters (3-11) and James Johnson (4-13). Hassan Whiteside lead the team in scoring, with a couple of good offensive rebounds, but it never seemed like Miami would make a run and claw this game back.

The Heat play Hornets in their next game, hoping to get their first win, while the Wizards go on the road to face the Raptors.

News of the week

• Kyrie Irving drops 32 PTS and 7 AST in the win against the 76ers
• Walker’s 37 PTS enough to beat the Bucks
• Trae Young’s debut ends with 41 PTS (10-17 3PT) as the Hawks beat the Knicks
• D’Angelo Russell with 37 PTS – 17 AST in the win against the Knicks
• King James drops 30 as the Lakers beat the Rockets
Eastern Conference POTW – D’Angelo Russell (Brooklyn Nets)
• Western Conference POTW – Marc Gasol (Memphis Grizzlies)

Old 09-16-2018, 12:08 PM   #5
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Following, glad to see someone run with the Wizards -- they were on my short list. Lots of interesting ways it could all go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2018, 03:56 PM   #6
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

[2-0] Washington Wizards 124 @ 92 Portland Trail Blazers [0-3]
Wizards | Team Stats | Trail Blazers

Battle of backcourts sees Wizards come out on top
October 22, 2018

It is always a fun one when the two premier pairings go up against each other, and as Washington rolled into Rip City, both teams wanted bragging rights. And right from the start, it was intense.

Wizards took an early 7-point lead, with Beal taking over. However, Portland clawed it back rather quickly, when the bench players came in. Washington couldn’t match their intensity and that allowed them to go on a 10-2 run to finish the first quarter.

However, the Wizards weren’t done, as the starters really took charge and played some crippling defence. Wall was all over Lillard, and that allowed Beal to take over on the other end. Portland couldn’t fight over the screens, allowing him to take easy threes, as he finished the game going 8-11 from deep. “I just felt confident, my team was doing everything right and that gave me a ton of room offensively, and I was just feeling it.”

The real nail in the coffin came in the final quarter, as Markieff Morris stepped up and scored 14 of his 23 points then. Portland might have kept a lid on Wall, but that allowed openings for other players.

Portland will look to snap their 0-3 start next game against Orlando, while the Wizards go on to play another undefeated team, the Golden State Warriors.

News of the week

Zach LaVine with 39 points as the Bulls beat the Mavericks
Cousins (37 PTS, 16 REB) goes off as the Warriors beat the Suns
Chris Paul with a triple-double (29 PTS, 10 REB, 15 AST) in the win over the Jazz
Greek Freak (20 PTS, 20 REB) and Middleton (33 PTS) as Bucks beat the 76ers
Harden scores 42 points in an OT win over the Clippers
Booker with 47 points as the Suns cruise past the Grizzlies (Ayton 20-20 game)
Eastern Conference POTW – Giannis Antetokoumpo (Milwaukee Bucks)
Western Conference POTW – James Harden (Houston Rockets)

Last edited by Cruzerr; 09-17-2018 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:48 PM   #7
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Following along nice to see the 2k19 dynasty’s start up and wiz are a team with star players that have been stuck should be interesting
Old 09-17-2018, 02:52 PM   #8
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

[3-2] Washington Wizards 108 @ 112 Los Angeles Clippers [2-3]
Wizards | Team Stats | Trail Blazers

Harris and Beverly shine as Wizards lose third in a row
October 28, 2018

The deciding factor for this game was defence, and it showed, as the rugged, hard-working Los Angeles players kept on grinding, while the stars of Washington really couldn’t ever get it going. While some might have hoped that the Wizards could bounce back from this game, it quickly turned into a nightmare for them.

The Clippers came out early with some strong presence, not allowing the opposition to heat up. While the offensive talent really isn’t the greatest for them, it was their good defence that allowed them quick and easy points, with Beverly being a nuisance for the guards and Gortat guarding the middle. “It is what we do best. Teams hate playing us,” said Doc Rivers after the game, quite happy with his team’s effort on the court.

Beal was shooting horrendously the whole night, which was one of the reasons why Washington could never get a grip of this game. And with Wall turning the ball over too much, they really had to look for other options to step up, with Markieff Morris being one of them.

The game was quite tight till the end, but it was Tobias Harris, who scored 8 of his points in the last 2 minutes of the game. Washington tried throwing multiple players at him, yet couldn’t shut him down, resulting in a Clipper win, and the third loss in a row for the Wizards.

Washington will continue being on the road as they face the Grizzlies, while Clippers start their road-trip against the Oklahoma City Thunder.

News of the week
  • Westbrook (36 PTS, 19 REB, 7 AST) in the win against the Suns
  • Russell (32 PTS, 9 REB, 11 AST) as the Nets beat the Knicks
  • Curry goes off (38 PTS, 8 REB, 8 AST) as the Warriors destroy the Bulls
  • McCollum (47 PTS) not enough against Paul (31 PTS, 6 REB, 13 AST) as Rockets beat the Blazers
  • Eastern Conference POTW – Aaron Gordon (Orlando Magic)
  • Western Conference POTW – Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »