Home

Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

This is a discussion on Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again" within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2018, 11:18 PM   #89
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Lightbulb Re: Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

2019 Draft - Late 1st and Early 2nd

Old 10-26-2018, 11:40 PM   #90
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

Great draft recap, love what the Hawks did, Zion is a transcendent (if not uncommon) talent at a key position on that team, then add in Bol Bol, DeAndre Hunter and this Edwards kid? Good haul. Like what the Grizzlies did too, smart trade there for them I feel, and they used that extra 2nd rounder well.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:05 AM   #91
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Carsen Edwards and Tyler Herro went in the second round? Dang, those are steals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2018, 11:06 AM   #92
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Edwards was ranked about 41st overall so I actually took him about 10 spots ahead of his rank. I’m very pleased to have him and I’ll have more on his fit before the season starts. I believe that’s around the ranger where herro was suppose to go And he could get some playing time for the pelicans this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
Carsen Edwards and Tyler Herro went in the second round? Dang, those are steals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Great draft recap, love what the Hawks did, Zion is a transcendent (if not uncommon) talent at a key position on that team, then add in Bol Bol, DeAndre Hunter and this Edwards kid? Good haul. Like what the Grizzlies did too, smart trade there for them I feel, and they used that extra 2nd rounder well.
I wanted to do a larger draft recap since it fit with my team and doing so much emphasis on rookies. I’ll likely do the same thing for next draft. I think the trade worked out for both of them as if the grizz had stayed at 6 they would have got a similar player maybe even still the same player. I figure plumlee is also a good trade piece for them with being a expiring. I am beyond excited for this rookie class and hit all of my needs.

My next article will be more about my rookies and their ratings
Old 10-27-2018, 04:36 PM   #93
炭治郎

kibaxx7's Arena

OVR: 0

It has been a great draft for you, man. Following!
Old 10-29-2018, 09:29 AM   #94
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderxx7
It has been a great draft for you, man. Following!
thanks glad to have you following along... I am very excited and anxious to get season 2 underway and test out all my young guys in real action

i'll have more content up today and just about done with the last of the FA stuff which has been more annoying then I expected.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:02 AM   #95
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Hawks 2019 Draft Class

Last year the Hawks had 3 1st round picks headlined by Trae Young who averaged 22 points a game his rookie year. The other two Huerter and Spellman at worst look to be solid shooters off the bench. Last year they basically gave away 2nd round picks this year they used them to select some useful role players.

Zion is the headliner and everyone knows about him the 6'7 285 pounder who will play both the 3 and the 4 his rookie year. His ability to score inside mixed with his athleticism will have all eyes on him as he comes in with a fan base thanks to his youtube dunks. Its hard to project what kind of rookie year he will have the sky is clearly the limit for him and he should be a future all star. Bol Bol fills the desperate need of a rebounder and shot blocker and he should start right away. At 7'2 future all defense team player with shooting skills Bol should become another fan favorite. His scoring and 3 point shooting will come down the line for now his job his to grab 10+ rebounds a game and block shots.

Deandre Hunter is a bit old at 21 and offers great size at 6'7 221. He will team up with last year 3 point ace Kevin Huerter to hold down the 2 guard spot. Its to early to tell if this tagteam is the long term answer at SG. Hopefully the Hawks get a answer to that question this year as they will be loaded with more draft picks and cap space next summer and SG will likely be the biggest hole to fill. Deandre is a 3 & D guy and if he improves his perimeter defense to an A he very could be the long term starting 2.

Carson Edwards fills a major need at backup PG which the hawks didn't have last year after the Lin trade. He will likely see about 15 minutes of playing time right away. Carson can really shoot in fact one of the better shooters in the whole draft. He makes a ton of sense as the longterm backup to Young. He isn't going to wow you in all areas of his game so he isn't a starting PG. He should always have a role on this team even if its as a 3rd PG. The last player Tom Walton is intriguing mid 2nd round pick. Atlanta thought they had the steal of the 2nd round then he got to camp and couldn't shoot as good as expected. He can play defense even as a rookie he is well above the SG average. That's pretty much all he can do is play defense as he has no other skills. Its unknown at this time if he will be on the regular roster or a 2 way contract. We expect him to double down on his defense this year and be a defense ace that can played for short stretches.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2018, 12:54 PM   #96
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Roster Preview Post Draft

Here we will take a quick look at the roster after the draft and before FA starts. The Hawks have 13 guys locked in so you have 2 more people to be brought in. Tyler Dorsey can shoot 3's and is cheap however you don't need another shooter on this team. Tom Walton if he doesn't make the main roster will atleast be under a 2 way contract. Justin Anderson and Bembry aren't expected back as its not likely either would see a lot of playing time. The last two spots are likely to go to vets that aren't seeking playing time and are ok sitting on the back of the bench. A 3rd PG seems like a lock at this point and for the last spot either you give it to a C or Walton. My guess would be the 15th spot goes to a SG as even though you only have 2 official C's several of your PF's could play C if a injury happens.

PG
Trae Young
Carson Edwards

SG
Kevin Huerter
Deandre Hunter
Tom Walton (could be signed with 2 way)

SF
Tauren Prince
Chandler Parson
Solomon Hill

PF