Home

Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

This is a discussion on Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again" within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2018, 11:27 AM   #145
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

Trade Alert

We have our first trade in a while in the NBA and even though its a small one we will take a closer look at it.

Magic Take
They are currently one of the worst teams in the NBA and trade away two players over 30. They save about 14 million this year and pick up a 2nd round pick. They were likely to move on from both players this summer as they aren't under contract. It also opens them up to take on another bad contract at the deadline since they have cap space.

Bulls Take
They are currently .500 and if the season ended today would somehow make the playoffs. They have 2 major injuries PG Kris Dunn is out 4 to 6 weeks leaving the highest ranked PG on the team 74 overall. Jabari Parker is also out 6 to 8 weeks so this leaves Rudy Gay as your starting SF. They had the cap space to take on these contracts and it doesn't hurt anything long term as both are on expiring deals. Augstin will come in and be the starting PG till Dunn gets back and Simmons will join the rotation maybe even start.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2018, 03:47 PM   #146
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Trade Alert

Knicks Take
New York is only 14-23 however they signed Jimmy Butler to a big deal this summer and drafted Cam Reddish. They are trying to make the playoffs and are only 1.5 GB from the 8th seed. Teague will be the best PG on the roster and is solid steady veteran PG. The 2nd round pick they give up isn't even for this year.

Timberwolves Take
The biggest disappointment in the league is the Timberwolves who without Jimmy Butler are currently tied for the worst record in the NBA. They also just found out Karl Anthony Towns is injured and will miss 4 to 6 weeks. They didn't get much back for Teague mostly because his 19 million salary just not many teams willing to take that on even if its just for a half a year. Since KAT and Wiggins are both locked up long term they are hoping to pull a Spurs like tank and land a elite player and then be set as a force long-term. This will give minutes to younger PG's and Lee is a expiring.

Last edited by georgiafan; 11-21-2018 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:07 PM   #147
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Hawks Update Mid January

Atlanta is winning a few more games still only a few games separate them from either a top 5 draft pick or being in the playoffs. Trae continues to lead the team in scoring at over 20 and his assist are now just under 9. The biggest increase is Zion who has been playing out of this world since being moved into the starting lineup. Bol and Collins have solidified the frontcourt and as along as they can stay around 15 and 10 Atlanta will take it. Huerter continues to have a breakout year as 3 point shooter. Prince is trending in the right direction still overall hasn't had a good year. Hunter has showed flashes as rookie and Spellman probably deserves more playing time. Carson Edwards hasn't done much as the backup PG.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:09 PM   #148
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Rookie Report

Old 11-21-2018, 08:08 PM   #149
炭治郎

kibaxx7's Arena

OVR: 0

Butler, Reddish, Porzingis. They should be a little higher
Old 11-28-2018, 09:10 AM   #150
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderxx7
Butler, Reddish, Porzingis. They should be a little higher
Yea the Knicks definitely should be a playoff team as their roster is pretty good and talent wise they easily have enough to win a 1st round game. Teague should help them out and upgrade the PG spot which is their weakest spot. A potential move I have for them is to trade THJ for a expiring contract and get a small asset back.

quick update
Sorry for the lack of updates its been a busy week with the holidays and me off work which is where I post my updates. I'm also getting ready to leave on my cruise so i'll be away for 10 days starting this Friday. I will have a small update for a trade today and 1 more hawks article then not sure if I'll have another update or not before I leave. I want to get to the all star break before I go, but since trade deadline that's not likely to happen as I don't want to rush through that. Once I get back I'll def be able to focus more attention on this.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:19 PM   #151
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Trade Alert

Bucks Take
They are 1st in the East with a record of 32 and 16 so its win now for the Bucks. They got destroyed with injuries at PF/ C with Henson out 1 to 2 months, Lopez out 2 to 4 weeks and Ulyasova out 4 to 6 weeks. This meant the only healthy bigs on the roster were 77 overall Maker and Trevor Booker. Snell hasn't been in the rotation for 2 years and Dieng will atleast start for the next month. They are over the cap so taking on the extra salary isn't a big deal since they upgrade the roster.

Timberwolves Take
They continue their tank job as they are currently 18 and 30 and 2nd to last in the conference. Remember KAT isn't coming back for at least a month and Teague was just traded away. Deing is a solid backup C the problem is he is paid a ton of $. Snell is a decent 3 & D guy who has been buried in the bench for the last year and a half. Even when Snell picks up his option this saves 6 million next year. This also clears up minutes both short and long term for their rookie Center.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 03:38 PM   #152
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

I am back from my cruise so I should be back with a update tomorrow or Wednesday and should be able to play some tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »