Home

Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

This is a discussion on Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again" within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2018, 02:18 PM   #25
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

Possible Lin & Dedmon Trade Options

The Hawks made the traded of Bazmore getting a future lottery protected 1st round pick. The last major trades the team is expected to make this year is packing PG Jermey Lin and C Dwayne Dedmon together. They are both in the final year of their deals and both rated 78 overall. Both players would strength a teams bench and in return the Hawks would take on a bad contract with a 1st round pick coming back.

Lin is playing 25.1 minutes per game and averaging 11.8 points, 3.7 assist and shooting 39%. Dedmon Is playing 28 minutes and averaging over 7 points and rebounds a game. The two players combined for about 19 million in salary and in 19 days they can add Ajinca's 5 million of expiring money.

Strongest Teams Interested

Grizzles (10-9)
Pros - They are over .500 and their bench is weak so If a injury happens to a starter they are in trouble. They would send back Parson's (76 ovr) contract which would free up 25 million in salary.

Cons - How much extra $ would you have to spend in FA this summer ? What protections and what year do you put on the draft pick ?

Trailblazers (11-9)
Pros - They need a backup PG and Dedmon might even be able start at PF. You would send back Evan Turner (73 ovr) and free his 18 million in salary next year. The Hawks could throw in Justin Anderson or Vince Carter for help at SF.

Cons - If you make this trade then it will be harder to start over and rebuild without this years 1st round pick.

Rockets (13-6)
Pros - The rockets desperately need some big man help so dedman would play big minutes and Lin is a upgrade from Brandon Knight (75 ovr) at backup PG. If they only give up a 1st round pick your basically getting off Ryan Andersons contract for a 1st round pick, Melton (went to suns) and then maybe another 2nd. Then your also getting Chriss (hurt now) and Dedman and upgrading at PG.

Cons - They need all the young players they can get with so much future $ tied into the big 3 and you could lose both players in the offseason. The first round pick the Hawks get back would likely be mid 20's.

Suns 6-13
Pros - They get a massive upgrade at starting PG in a perfect system for Lin. They also shed Ryan Anderson's 20 million salary next year. This should allow them to be real players in FA. If the Suns can win enough games to where they aren't picking in the top 10 and in the playoff race this trade could happen.

Cons - They are 6 and 13 so they aren't in the playoff race now. They might not need another young player however they could use the draft pick to bring in a player this summer especially if the pick lands in the top 10. What protections do you put on the pick. top 5? top 10 ? swap ?

Others

Pistons (8-9)
They are around 500 and could ship out the bad salaries of Leuer (76) & Gallaway (75). The problem is they traded last years 1st and have big $ next year tied into Drummond, Blake and Jackson.

Bucks (16-4)
This deal doesn't look like its going to happen as Henson is playing well and the Hawks don't want Tony Snell's lengthy contract back. Hawks should be able to find a better offer then swapping Lin for Delly.

Nets (9-12)
They could swap out the 18 million owed to Crabbe next year however do they want to trade a 1st round pick now that the debt has finally been paid to the Celtics ? They would be smarter to just ride the year out and have two 1st round picks. They can move Crabbe this summer if they need to as they aren't a lot of overpaid SG and he still has some value.

Magic
This trade in a way makes perfect sense the Magic trade Biyombo who despite his low overall and overpriced contract would be the rim protector the Hawks need. The magic have a huge gaping hole at PG so Len would easily start. The problem Fournier just got hurt and the Magic aren't close to making the playoffs.

Heat
They need a true backup PG the issue is none of their contracts are so over priced they need to attach a 1st round pick to them since they don't have many draft picks to give up. They have a ton of bodies at SG already.

Hornets
They have a lot of bad contracts however they don't need another big man so they don't have a use for Dedman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2018, 09:48 AM   #26
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Len Healthy and Lin Hurt

Just as Center Alex Len is getting back healthy PG Jeremy Lin has a back bruise and will miss about 2 weeks. Lin could play through the injury however since the Hawks aren't close to the playoffs they will be cautious and let him get back to 100% before he returns. They don't wait to risk him making the injury worse and being out till after the trade deadline.

Alex Len coming back does crowd the big man rotation so Spellman for the time being takes a little bit of a backseat. The Hawks don't have 3rd PG on the roster so the backup PG minutes will have to go to Tyler Dorsey and Bembry. We will take a look at the current rotation below which will likely change a bit in the coming days.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:38 PM   #27
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

NBA Update 12-1-18

NBA Standings - Updated: Dec 1, 2018
EAST PLAYOFF RACEWLGB
Raptors195
Bucks175
76ers168
Celtics149
Heat129
Pistons119
Wizards119
Pacers (8th seed)1211
Hornets1111
Nets1113
Bulls1014
Knicks1014
Cavs815
Magic815
Hawks ***221
WEST PLAYOFF RACEWLGB
Warriors177
Rockets157
Jazz149
Thunder138
Wolves1310
Trailblazers1210
Spurs1111
Grizzles (8th seed)1011
Lakers1012
Nuggets913
Kings913
Mavs812
Suns814
Pelicans815
Clippers615

Injury Report for Key Players
PosPlayerInjury Note
PGFrank Ntilikina 4-6 weeks
SGJJ Redick4-6 weeks
SGEvan Fournier4-6 weeks
CTristan Thompson2-4 weeks
SGDelon Wright1-2 weeks
SGTim Hardaway Jr.1-2 weeks
SFJayson Tatum1-2 weeks

Old 10-04-2018, 03:02 PM   #28
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Hawks Update 12-1-18

Hawks fan came into the year with very low expectations and so far the record is worse then expected with a brutal 2 and 21 mark. If your looking for some positives Trae Young is averaging 20 points a game. Price and Collins need to perform better and should be averaging in the teens some of that is lack of shot attempts which could fall back on Young taking to many shots earlier in the year.

Draft Pick Watch
Own Pick 2-21
Cavs 8-15 (top 10 protected)
Mavs 8-12 (top 5 protected)

The Hawks currently have opened up a large lead for the worst record with only 2 wins. The next worse team is the Clippers with 6 wins and then a bunch of teams with 8 wins. The Clippers have been on a winning streak as of late with everyone back healthy. The Cavs only have 8 wins and Kevin Love and Triston Thompson both will miss the next few weeks. They are 14 teams between 8 and 11 wins now so the Cavs could go in either direction. With two key bigs hurt odds are they slip into the top 10 for the time being. The Hawks desperately are wanting the Mavs pick to fall between 5 and 10. Its to early to tell where the Mavs will end up the early projections is the best they could hope for is the 6th seed .
Old 10-04-2018, 05:32 PM   #29
Rookie

trippyN's Arena

OVR: 0

Hopefully your dynasty isn't predictive of what's about to happen IRL haha, but at least you're going to have some good picks to work with.

Are you planning on keeping John Collins around for the long run? I think he's one of the most underrated and fun to watch players at his position. I hope the Hawks can hold onto him.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:00 AM   #30
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0

Seesh 2 and 21, this sure is a learning year for these young guys. Young is playing out of his mind though.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:03 AM   #31
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyN
Hopefully your dynasty isn't predictive of what's about to happen IRL haha, but at least you're going to have some good picks to work with.

Are you planning on keeping John Collins around for the long run? I think he's one of the most underrated and fun to watch players at his position. I hope the Hawks can hold onto him.
Yea hopefully it will be a few more wins then 2 & 21 in real life to start. Collins def had a quiet great rookie year for the 19th pick. He looks like he has taken his game to the next level in summer league with his jumpshot. He is a good athletic rim running big and I still need to use him more to see if its possible he can play the 5 or just a 4.

Ideally I am keeping at least one of Collins and Prince and I will try to keep both. Collins should be easier to keep as his extension will be a year later then Prince. If i am already over the cap when it comes time to sign Collins I will do that and should get him for somewhere in the 15 million per year range. The Issue will be if i get into a spot where signing Collins will prevent me from bringing in someone else. If i had to predict I would say Collins will end up as like my 5th starter once I rebuild my team. I am thinking about sending Collins to untapped potential this summer as I believe he is maxed out at B now. Hopefully that will allow him to get up to the 85 range in overall.

I am also planning / hoping the two other rookies develop enough where I can keep them as solid bench players for the whole dynasty. That way I have atleast 4 players that see playing time that's on the original roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
Seesh 2 and 21, this sure is a learning year for these young guys. Young is playing out of his mind though.
Yea Youngs putting up huge stats so its looking like a 20 point a game rookie year. My skill level is improving it might not show up on the record just yet however I'm competing and even winning some games now when I jump into them now.

I'm trying to go a little slow year 1 and see if any roster updates or major trades happen before I start season 2. I am def ready to get to the offseason and season 2 where the fun will pickup with at least one high profile rookie. I am still enjoying season 1 despite the awful record just part of "trusting the process"

I will start up the rookie player previews today
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2018, 01:49 PM   #32
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

R.J Barrett - Draft Profile

Size - 6'7 - 202 pounds
Age - 18
Position - SF / SG
DE Rank - 3rd overall
DE Mock - 3rd

Grades
Inside Scoring B-
Mid Range C
3 Point B-
Playmaking B+
Prem D B-
Post D C-
Rebound C+
Athlete A
IQ B
Potential A
OVR B

Strength
R.J is a pretty much a lock to go in the top 3 and has everything a modern NBA wing needs to have with size and athleticism. He can play defense, shoot 3's, score inside and make plays. He isn't close to reaching his potential so in a few years could be a all star. He might be the safest player in the draft with almost no bust potential.

Weakness
He doesn't' have a elite skill so even though he can do all things well he doesn't have one trait to hang his hat on. He isn't going to get a ton of rebounds and won't be able to play small ball 4. He has a lot of work to do on his mid range shot. He does project to be a plus defender however likely never makes a All defense team.

How does he fit with Trae Young ?
He would be a perfect with Trae as he can do so many things on offense and would likely be the #2 scorer as a rookie. He should eventually be able to guard most PG's with his athleticism and then Trae could guard some of the non scoring SG's.

How does he fit with current roster?
He is officially listed at SF however he should be able to play SG with no drop-offs with his size which is the bigger need for the Hawks. This would allow Prince to stay as the starting 3 and have Huerter be the shooter off the bench.

* all ratings based off my scout who is graded an A

Last edited by georgiafan; 10-05-2018 at 02:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »