Home

Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

This is a discussion on Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again" within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 10-05-2018, 02:38 PM   #33
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

Nassir Little - Draft Profile

Size - 6'6 - 221 pounds
Age - 18
Position - SF / PF
DE Rank - 1st overall
DE Mock - 2nd

Grades
Inside Scoring C+
Mid Range C-
3 Point B-
Playmaking B-
Prem D B-
Post D C-
Rebound C
Athlete A
IQ C+
Potential A+
OVR B

Strength
Nassir many believe has the most potential in the class and is a elite athlete. He can shoot 3's and play some small 4. He can also defend and should be able to guard 2 through 4. He isn't the polished player that some of the other elite players are. If he can reach his full potential someone could get a huge steal that likely drops a bit as we get closer to the draft.

Weakness
He isn't the complete player like R.J is as he cant score inside and doesn't have the basketball IQ that some of the other elite SF's has. His mid range shot needs some work as does his rebounding. He is more of a 3rd or 4th scoring option on a playoff team.

How does he fit with Trae Young ?
He is a decent fit since he can defend and shoot some 3's. It doesn't seem like he will be able to guard many PG's so another true defensive minded G would need to be brought in. Ideally I think your first pick is either a rim protecting big or a wing that can defend and help take the scoring load of Trae.

How does he fit with current roster ?
He is a bad fit with the current team as the Hawks need a 3 that can play 2 where as he is a 3 that plays the 4. He doesn't really give you anything that Prince doesn't already since they are similar players and you can easily sign Prince to a extension. You can't have Little, Prince and Collins be the long-term frontcourt because you don't have a rim protecting and defense big man. If the Mavs pick ends up being 7th and you can get him that's one thing. If your own pick lands in the top 4 its hard to see Little being the pick as the fit just isn't good and he doesn't bring anything new to the table.

* all ratings based off my scout who is graded an A
Old 10-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #34
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Pretty deep draft class and the Hawks seem well positioned to take a high caliber player with their brutal record ... so, the question is who to go for -- I think a high-flying SF is the way to roll. Truly, I think you could slot Prince in as a stretch 4, move Collins to the 5, and roll out a devastating five out offense.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:48 AM   #35
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Pretty deep draft class and the Hawks seem well positioned to take a high caliber player with their brutal record ... so, the question is who to go for -- I think a high-flying SF is the way to roll. Truly, I think you could slot Prince in as a stretch 4, move Collins to the 5, and roll out a devastating five out offense.
Yea the draft class seems to be pretty deep I have two more profiles I want to post today. I will do about all my articles about the draft as nothing super exciting to post about from my last place team. I want to try out the lineup with Collins at 5 and Prince at the 4. I cant really do that this year as all my depth is at PF/C and I have none at wing after trading Baz. If I did that lineup now it would be Justin Anderson at the 3. Part of me doesn't want to the 1st pick as I wont have to decide which of the elite guys to pass on lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2018, 10:58 AM   #36
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Yea the draft class seems to be pretty deep I have two more profiles I want to post today. I will do about all my articles about the draft as nothing super exciting to post about from my last place team. I want to try out the lineup with Collins at 5 and Prince at the 4. I cant really do that this year as all my depth is at PF/C and I have none at wing after trading Baz. If I did that lineup now it would be Justin Anderson at the 3. Part of me doesn't want to the 1st pick as I wont have to decide which of the elite guys to pass on lol

If you do end up with the first pick, you could always trade it -- remember, the Warriors really didn't become the Warriors we know until they landed Iggy via a sign and trade. Within two years they had won a title in part due to him and Draymond Green.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:15 AM   #37
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Hawks Update 1-1-19

A small bright spot the Hawks won more games this month then before even with Jeremy Lin missing some time. Trae Young is putting up over 20 a game still, but his FG % is under 40. Spellman stats are down which is mostly because of getting fewer minutes. The lack of rebounding shows with nobody averaging in double figures and the overall assist are low also. Collins and Prince still have yet to take their game to the next level. Hawks fan anxiously check the box score every night hoping for just enough loses to land the pick between 6 and 10.

Draft Pick Watch
Own Pick 6-30
Cavs 13-24 (top 10 protected)
Mavs 16-20 (top 5 protected)

They race for the worst record is getting stronger for the Hawks as they have 6 wins and the next team is the Kings with 12. That pick continues to look like its going to fall in the top 3. The Cavs won 5 games this month so that gets them to 13 wins. The odds of the pick landing outside the top 10 now has gone up a bit. The Mavs are playing without Dirk and that's not changed their record much as they sit 16-20 after winning 8 games this month. Its still way to early to tell as 2 game difference gets them either the 7th seed or pushing into the top 5 of the draft.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #38
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

NBA Update 1-1-19

NBA Standings - Updated: Jan 1, 2018
EAST PLAYOFF RACEWLGB
Raptors316
Bucks279
76ers2612
Celtics2115
Wizards2017
Heat1916
Pacers1918
Pistons (8th seed)1718
Knicks1820
Nets1721
Hornets1620
Magic1323
Bulls1324
Cavs1324
Hawks ***630
WEST PLAYOFF RACEWLGB
Warriors2810
Rockets2511
Thunder2511
Jazz2216
Lakers2116
Spurs2018
Grizzles1818
Trailblazers (8th seed)1820
Wolves1720
Mavs1620
Clippers1522
Suns1523
Nuggets1223
Pelicans1325
Clippers1225

Key Injuries
PosPlayerInjury Note
SGLou Williams4 to 6 months
C Ian Mahinmi1 to 2 months
SGTyreke Evans8 to 10 weeks
PF Dirk Nowitzki4 to 6 weeks
PGElfred Payton 1 to 2 weeks
SGJosh Hart1 to 2 weeks
C Justin Patton1 to 2 weeks
SGLonnie Walker1 to 2weeks

Old 10-08-2018, 01:26 PM   #39
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Cam Reddish - Draft Profile

Size - 6'8 - 212 pounds
Age - 20
Position - SF / SG
DE Rank - 2nd overall
DE Mock - 1st

Grades
Inside Scoring B+
Mid Range C-
3 Point B+
Playmaking B-
Prem D C
Post D D
Rebound C-
Athlete A-
IQ C
Potential A+
OVR B

Strength
Cam can score and many say he is the best pure scoring wing in the draft with higher 3 point and inside scoring grades then R.J Barrett. He also has unlimited potential as much as anyone in the class. He has good size at 6'8 and over 200 pounds so he can easily play the both wing spots and maybe even some PF.

Weakness
He isn't a great defender and as we have said many times the Hawks desperately need another wing defender. His basketball IQ is also not the best in the world. He is also 20 so a little older then some of the other players going in the top 5. He would have to improve on his post defense if he wants to play the 4 more then just a few minutes.

He would fit in well on offense as he can shoot 3's and score inside. He wouldn't fit in well from the defense side as he isn't going to be able to defend scoring PG's. He would slide in and instantly become the 2nd leading scorer on the team. They would make for a dynamite combo on offense for the next 7+ years.

How does he fit with current roster?
He fits in well overall and would eventually leapfrog Prince and move him to the 6th man role. He should be able to average 20 points a game so that helps out any team. He would make this a crazy high scoring and fun team to watch which would be deadly from the 3 point line with Young and Huerter. If he can improve his defense to about the B when you factor in his potential he could easily be a All-NBA type player.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:04 PM   #40
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Zion Willamson - Draft Profile

Size - 6'7 - 285 pounds
Age - 19
Position - PF / SF
DE Rank - 6th overall
DE Mock - 5th

Grades
Inside Scoring A+
Mid Range D+
3 Point D+
Playmaking B
Prem D C+
Post D C+
Rebound B+
Athlete A
IQ B-
Potential A-
OVR B

Strength
Zion has been a YouTube sensation for a few years thanks to his highlight dunks. He has unreal athleticism for someone that weighs 285 pounds. He will be a elite scorer in the paint from day 1. He should also be able to average double digit rebounds. In a few years he should be able to defend both perimeter and down low at least at a average level. He is also a playmaker with good basketball IQ.

Weakness
What position is he at 6'7 285 pounds ? can you play a 285 pounder at SF ? Can someone 6'7 be a full time PF ? Does he have a chance to play C ? He isn't going to start shooting 3's or mid range shots so you have to keep that in mind if you play him at SF. If you play him at PF he wont ever be a shot blocking rim protector.

He isn't going to be able help Trae on the defense end and guard #1 scoring options or be a great shot blocker. His ability to score down low and get double teams will help Trae get some open looks. His athleticism and rim running on fast breaks would be huge especially teamed up with John Collins.

How does he fit with current roster?
How could start at the 4 and move Collins to the 5 for a nightmare young athletic combo for opposing teams. Prince can still have a role even if that means him coming off the bench. It doesn't solve who is the lockdown wing defender or rim protector, but it would make such a young, athletic, offense team you might be able to find those players with other assets and somehow make this core work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »