Home

Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

This is a discussion on Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again" within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
The Best Sports Game of 2019: MLB The Show 19
The Best Franchise Mode of 2019: NBA 2K20's MyLeague
Worst Trend in Sports Games in 2019: Single-Player Modes Getting Shafted
Does the XFL interest you at all? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 10-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #49
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

Trade Alert

The Rockets are 35 and 15 so once again have a goal of winning a championship. They don't lose anything at backup PG going from Knight to Yogi while saving a ton of $ next year. They also get Zach Randolph to lead the 2nd unit off the bench and prove some much needed depth. The 1st round pick this year will likely be mid 20's.

The Kings are sitting with a record of 15 and 35 so with Bagley out hurt they aren't goin to get close to the playoffs. They officially get into the 1st round so now with a few 2nd round picks and cap space they are armed to move up in the draft this summer if they need to or sit back and bring in a young player.

Another pleasant surprise the Nets are 24 and 27 and currently the 7th seed. They have a lot of bodies 1 to 3, but badly need some depth at PF/C as the Faried and Allen aren't going to get you far in the playoffs. Its a low risk move to give up a 2nd round pick and upgrade C while you hope to make the playoffs for the first time in a really long time.

The Bulls are 19 and 31 and 14th in the East so the playoffs aren't happening this year. They sell of a piece which should help them a tank a little and pick up a 2nd round pick. They don't take on any long term $ as Dudley is a expiring contract.

* I will make more trades going forward just with the standings to tight and only a handful of teams out of the playoffs just not many moves to be made.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:01 PM   #50
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Hawks Update 2019 All Star Break

Trae is still putting up crazy scoring numbers for a rookie and is now over 22 a game. Collins and Price are still a bit of disappointment stat wise though both are playing better after the trade of Lin / Dedmon. The other two rookies Huerter and Spellman for getting thrown into the fire have did about as good as you could expect.

Draft Pick Watch
Own Pick 10-38
Cavs 22-36 (top 10 protected)
Mavs 23-34 (top 5 protected)
Suns 26-33 (top 10 protected)

The hawks have 5 fewer wins then the next closest team which is the Kings outside of them its a boatload of teams in the 21 win range. The Hawks have basically already "won" a spot in the bottom 4 teams.

This is where things get fun the Cavs currently have the 2nd worst record in the East and 4th worst overall with 22 wins. If they had just 3 more wins that puts them at 25 wins and outside of the top 10 which would mean the Hawks get their draft pick. This looks like the least likely of the 4 picks to convey this year however a few extra wins and it could happen.

The Mavs have 23 wins which currently means the pick would be tied between the 6th and 9th pick. They are only 2 games back from getting the 8th seed which is the Suns. The current 7th seed has 30 wins so it looks like the best the Mavs can hope for is the 8th seed. The odds continue to go up that the Hawks land this pick.

The Suns trading for Lin and Dedmon so far appears to be working out as they are all the way up the 8th seed. The pick is top 10 protected so the Hawks have some wiggle room even if the Suns go on a losing streak. If the Hawks can land this pick in the 12th to 14th range it would be a huge deal paired with the Mavs pick.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #51
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Looks like the Hawks are gonna get at least two picks the next draft and theirs is gonna be nice on their own.

Dallas suffering with Harrison Barnes as their best player -- no surprise there (BARNES!).

Like the trades made, Houston could use a younger (healthier) body at PG and Yogi is good for that. ZBO will give them a nice vet in the front court, and their 1st wasn't likely to convey a solid player (in the short-term) that late in the draft anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #52
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

2019 NBA Update - All Star Break Part 1

Last edited by georgiafan; 10-15-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:40 PM   #53
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Looks like the Hawks are gonna get at least two picks the next draft and theirs is gonna be nice on their own.

Dallas suffering with Harrison Barnes as their best player -- no surprise there (BARNES!).

Like the trades made, Houston could use a younger (healthier) body at PG and Yogi is good for that. ZBO will give them a nice vet in the front court, and their 1st wasn't likely to convey a solid player (in the short-term) that late in the draft anyway.
Yea If I can get my pick in the top 3 and then the Dallas somewhere 6 to 10 I'll be happy with that. If either the Suns or Cavs can be somewhere 11 to 15 It will be perfect.

Dallas as you know year 1 doesn't really have the depth and when Dirk went down their record really suffered. He is back now so I expect them to get a little better. Barnes and the Mavs are going to be a interesting team this offseason just hopefully not with a top 5 pick lol.

I didn't really want to force a big trade year 1 so I just made smaller moves. I moved Nene to PF and his rating is up to around a 80 now so between Capella, Zbo and Nene they have a good trio of bigs heading into the playoffs to help out all the big names.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:20 PM   #54
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Random Ramblings

The next several weeks my free time will be really busy here is a peak behind the scenes at some random thoughts and non important things going on.

I have a few more pics to post of all star things and then it will likely be the last update I have till the end of the regular season. I have paid my dues longer then I expected for season 1 so I’m ready for the offseason and season 2 which will greatly bump up my excitement with a few new rookies. I don’t think I’m going to post anything super fancy or detailed for season 1 playoffs.

I still have some more draft profiles I want to write up so I’ll hold some off and post once I get into the offseason when I have finished some more scouting for the mid 1st type guys. I’ll try and post some more tomorrow as well.

I will be going out of town this upcoming weekend for 3/4 days so my goal is to have the offseason done by the time I leave likely on Thursday. I’m still currently at the all star break break.

As soon as i got to the all star game the patch came out which allows you to override selections. I may go back to my save from a few days before the break and do that if I can’t overide it from where I’m at now.

Also New seasons for my 2 favorite Netflix shows I have to watch which is ozark and making a murderer. I’ve got 5 more shows on season 2 of ozark that I want to finish that up before making a murderer which is this Friday. Also the real life NBA starts this week so I have that to watch as well.

For the first In my life I have pre ordered a non sports game and paid 60$ for and that’s red dead redemption 2. It’s the most excited I have ever been and I’m counting down the days till the 26th. So between that and 2k I’m I’m video game heaven for a while. I don’t know how exactly I will manage to split the time between the two but I’ll have a ball figuring it out. A month after it comes out I’ll be on a cruise which is a huge deal for me so I’m not sure if I’ll try and hurry and finish the main game or go slow so will just have to see. If any of you plan on getting it for ps4 add me screen name is the same.

Once I get to the offseason I think I’ll post a survey and allow everyone to give their feedback on what moves they would make both for me and the league stuff like “should KD sign or leave the warriors”. Big picture plan I won’t be going after a FA and may look to take on another bad contract to move up In the draft but we will have to see how the ping pong balls fall.

So I’ll try and get to the end of the regular season tonight which leaves me a few days to at worst get through part of the offseason before I leave for a few days
Old 10-14-2018, 07:35 PM   #55
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

2019 NBA Update - All Star Break Part 2

NBA Standings - Updated: Feb 9, 2018
EAST PLAYOFF RACEWLGB
Raptors4712
Bucks41165
76ers39197.5
Celtics352311.5
Pistons292716.5
Heat282817.5
Wizards283018.5
Pacers (8th seed)273119.5
Nets273220
Hornets253221
Magic243523
Bulls233523.5
Knicks233523.5
Cavs223624.5
Hawks ***104836.5
WEST PLAYOFF RACEWLGB
Warriors4611
Thunder42154
Rockets40176
Jazz362110
Spurs342513
Lakers312615
Wolves302716
Suns (8th seed)263321
Clippers253422
Trailblazers243322
Mavs233423
Grizzles233624
Nuggets223524
Pelicans213826
Kings154231

Key Injuries
PosPlayerInjury Note
SGLou WilliamsSeason
PFSerge Ibaka 6 to 8 weeks
PFDomantas Sabonis4 to 6 weeks
SFReggie Bullocks2 to 4 weeks
PF Anthony Tolliver2 to 4 weeks
PGKemba Walker2 to 4 weeks
CIan Mahinmi2 to 4 weeks
PFMarvin Bagley 2 to 4 weeks
SGMalik Monk1 to 2 weeks
SGTyreke Evans1 to 2 weeks

Last edited by georgiafan; 10-15-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2018, 02:01 PM   #56
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Help Decide MVP & Rookie of The Year

Share your thoughts on who you think should win MVP and rookie of the year

Russell Westbrook 31.1 points, 11.1 rebounds, 9.1 assist. FG% 48 (2nd in west, 61 wins)

Steph Curry 31.6 points, 6.1 rebounds, 8.2 assist. FG% 52, 3% 45 (1st in west, 67 wins)

Giannis Antetkonmpo 28.6 points, 12.0 rebounds, 6.5 assist. FG% 51 (2nd in east, 55 wins)

Chris Paul 22.4 points, 5.7 rebounds, 13.4 assist, 2.2 steals, FG% 48, 3% 41 (3rd in west, 60 wins)

James Hardin 28.8 points, 4.8 rebounds, 10.0 assist. FG% 47, 3% 42 (3rd in west, 60 wins)

Luka Doncic 17.6 points, 6.7 rebounds, 7.4 assist. FG% 45

Trae Young 22.3 points, 1.9 rebounds, 5.2 assist. FG% 40, 3% 36

Collin Sexton 16.7 points, 2.5 rebounds, 5.3 assist. FG% 41, 3% 35

Deandre Ayton 17.6 points, 10.6 rebounds FG% 51

* Suns have the best record of the bunch and the others were at the bottom of the standings

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »