Home

Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

This is a discussion on Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again" within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2018, 01:18 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaiveer
westbrook and ayton for me
I will go with Westbrook and Doncic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2018, 02:26 PM   #66
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Playoff Results

1st Round Highlights
The 8th seed Bulls upset the #1 seed Raptors lead by Levine's 24.6 PPG and Parker's 20.2 PPG and 8.6 REB.

The Pistons beat the Celtics in 5 games so this sets up a matchup of #5 vs #8. The devastating news Blake Griffin and Reggie Jackson both suffered major injuries. Blake had the series of his life with 31 PPG, 11 REB and 7 AST. Reggie Jackson also was phenomenal with 26.8 PPG and 9.2 AST. Heartbreaking Injuries for the Pistons and the best they can hope for is Griffin to come back late in the series and Reggie maybe the finals.

The Lakers got beat in round 1 however you cant blame Lebron with a insane state line 43.4 PPG, 10.4 REB, 8.2 AST and 2.0 STL. The Rockets win in 5 games.

The Thunder, Warriors, Jazz, Bucks and 76ers are the other teams that advances so the better seed wins 6 of 8 series.

2nd Round Highlights
Ben Simmons wasn't 100% still the 76ers sweep the #2 seed Bucks which sits up the easy conference finals matchup.

Blake Griffin returns in game 6 with 29,10 and 10. It wasn't enough as the Bulls win in 7 games. In the 7th game Markkanen has 26 points and 7 rebounds as the Bulls shock the NBA world and are in the Eastern Conference Finals.

The Thunder and Rockets have a fantastic series and the Thunder win in 7 games. In the final game Westbrook has 36, 7 and 9. The skeptics were giving Hardin a lot of flack as he once again went quiet in a big playoff game. He has 15 points, 0 rebounds, 4 assist, 2 of 8 from 3, 4 of 14 from FG and fouled out in 28 minutes.

The Warriors easily take care of the Jazz in 5 games.

Conference Finals Highlights
Westbrook has 38, 16, and 10 in a huge game 5 victory over the Warriors.

Simmons has 30, 11 and 9 in game 5 to take a 3-2 lead over the Bulls

The Thunder shockingly beat the Warriors in game 6 with 3 players scoring over 25 including Dennis Schroder. Curry has a awful game fouling out in 17 minutes.

The 76ers have to go to 7 games to beat the Bulls and defense wins it for them holding Chicago to 36% and 8 of 36 from 3.

Finals Highlights
76ers barley win game 1 by 4 points as Simmons post a triple double 30, 13, 10

76ers win game 2 as Simmons again has a triple double 28, 11, 11 and added 3 steals

76ers win game 3 as Fultz stepped up scoring 18 and shooting 9 of 12. Embiid also has 27, 7 and 5

76ers make it a sweep and win the championship as Covington goes 9 of 14 for 26 points.

Old 10-16-2018, 02:28 PM   #67
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy14fan
I will go with Westbrook and Doncic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaiveer
westbrook and ayton for me
Sounds like I should have gave Russ more thought as I ended up giving it to Curry. Rookie of the year was a tough call several players easily deserved it.

I think next year what I will do is post this a week or so before the season ends and give everyone a few days to cast their vote and just pick the winner with whoever gets the most votes.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:29 PM   #68
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Draft Lottery Preview

Hawks
The main things the Hawks want is to have their own pick land either 1 or 2 with 3rd being the lowest they want to draft. The front office is said to be split on R.J Barrett or Zion Williamson. The mavs pick should be 8 or 9 however if they get lucky and jump up the pick will not convey. It would take something even crazier for the Suns to jump into the top so its looking like the 14th pick will go to the Hawks. The latest rumor we are hearing is the Hawks could package the 8/9th pick with the 14th pick and move up in the draft. The Hawks could also take some salary back in return so a team like the Hornets or Knicks would be possible trade partners.

Celtics
Boston is hoping their luck continues and the Kings pick doesn't jump up to #1 which means they would get a much lower pick. The Grizzles pick is top 8 protected so Boston needs two teams to jump up and push the pick back to 9th to get it. The Clippers pick is lottery protected so they will not be getting that this year. The big one for Boston is the Kings pick if it can land somewhere 2 to 5 they will be happy. All signs point to Irving signing back and of course you still have Brown and Tatum who aren't going anywhere. You have to think they have their eye on a big like Zion or Bol.

Cavs
They will keep their pick as its top 10 protected so all the pressure is off the ping pong balls. They will need to decide if they want to be bad one more year as their draft pick is again top 10 protected or start pushing for the playoffs. They appear to have found a keeper in Sexton and Kevin Love is still a all star caliber player. We expect them to go BPA.

Hornets
They are loaded with bad contracts and reports are they will not be able to sign Kemba Walker to a new contract. They could use a G as they have a lot of bodes at F and C. A lot of rumors going around about a trade with the Hawks

Pelicans
They aren't suppose to be drafting inside the top 5 and of any team might have the most at risk. They have to fix things this offseason or you have to seriously look at trading away AD. If they stay in the top 5 a SF like Cam Reddish would be a perfect fit.

Knicks
They are hoping to land a big FA this year even if they don't they are heading in the right direction. Another high potential rookie to team up with KP and Knox makes for a great young core mixed in with solid vets like THJ and Kanter.

Grizzles
They are projected 7th so if they stay at 7 or 8 they will keep their pick. If it drops to 9 that pick will go to Boston. They will eventually have to give up a pick to Boston they just hope its not this year. They are another team that could look to move this pick to get off Parson's contract.

Nuggets
Their pick is top 10 protected and its projected to be 9th so if its drops 2 spots it will go to the Nets. They have the chance to land another skilled young player and you get the feeling this will be the last time they are picking in the lottery. If they keep the pick look for them to add a F or they could trade it for a proven player.

Magic
They are in desperate shape for a PG and this looks to be where the first one will be taken. This isn't a great class for PG just the need is to big not to draft someone as they are a few people expected to start going in this range.

Clippers
I don't thin anyone knows what direction the Clippers are going and they are loaded with bodies at G's and just about all the BPA on the board are expected to be G's.

Wizards
A team that needs some depth likely takes BPA and looks more toward the front court.

Nets
They finally get their own pick and like the Wizards likely takes BPA and looks toward the frontcourt.

76ers
They will only be picking in the lottery if the Kings pick goes from 2 to 1. Since they won the championship and Fultz was the starting SG losing this pick doesn't hurt nearly as bad.

Suns
They will need a miracle of biblical proportions to jump into the top 4 and not lose their draft pick to the Hawks. If it wasn't for a tiebreaker they would have made the playoffs so the trade worked out for them.

Mavs
You could argue its good for them to go ahead and lose the draft pick this year and get it out of the way since its likely to be 8th. Dallas fans are still hoping to jump into the top 5 and land a star to team with Smith and Doncic.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:51 AM   #69
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

FA Survey - Share Your Thoughts

Share your thoughts on what you would like to see with some of the bigger questions in the NBA this summer. If most people are on the same page that's the direction I will go in.

1. The 76ers won the championship do they go after a high profile wing like Jimmy Butler or spend it on a few role players off the bench?

2. Who should leave the Warriors Durant or Klay ? Any teams you would like to see them go to ?

3. The Raptors lost in the 1st round after being the #1 seed. Should Kawhi resign or go to another team ? Any teams you would like to see him go to?

4. Should the Suns sign Kemba Walker to fill the PG slot ?

5. Should the Pelicans give it one more run or trade Anthony Davis ? If the lottery goes as planned they will have the 5th pick.

6. Should the Lakers go after Cousins or another high profile wing like Kawhi or Durant?

7. The Nets have a lot of cap space assuming they cant sign a big name what should they do roll the cap space over or sign some tier 2 players to multi year deals ? They were in 9th place this year and 3 games back of the playoffs and will have atleast 1 lottery pick.

* I didn't want to post a ton of these, but if its something everyone likes I can do another one.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:45 AM   #70
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0

1. The 76ers won the championship do they go after a high profile wing like Jimmy Butler or spend it on a few role players off the bench?

Jimmy go big or go home

2. Who should leave the Warriors Durant or Klay ? Any teams you would like to see them go to ?

Klay and probably to the Lakers

3. The Raptors lost in the 1st round after being the #1 seed. Should Kawhi resign or go to another team ? Any teams you would like to see him go to?

Kawhi leaves for LAC

Yes

5. Should the Pelicans give it one more run or trade Anthony Davis ? If the lottery goes as planned they will have the 5th pick.

Keep AD obviously

6. Should the Lakers go after Cousins or another high profile wing like Kawhi or Durant?

Cousins

7. The Nets have a lot of cap space assuming they cant sign a big name what should they do roll the cap space over or sign some tier 2 players to multi year deals ? They were in 9th place this year and 3 games back of the playoffs and will have atleast 1 lottery pick.

I'd say sign some tier two guys or do a large one year deal to a tier two guy. Similar to 6ers and JJ Reddick
Old 10-18-2018, 07:05 PM   #71
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

1. If Philly won a ring with who they have, I think they'll look for role players. Jimmy would be a great addition, but not to risk giving up key players to make space for.

2. Kevin Durant is more likely to leave than Klay Thompson, though I don't thnk Kevin leaves just yet. Not winning would fuel him to stay and try to get another ring.

3. Honestly, it's a toss up. I don't know what's important to Kawhi other than feeling wanted.

4. Orlando is a better fit for Kemba than Phoenix. Both teams need PGs, but Orlando's other players don't need to have the ball in their hands as much as Phoenix does. I could see Phoenix still offering him though.

5. New Orleans should keep Davis, but if they are out of the playoff race but All-Star break trade him.

6. Lakers should go after Cousins and Kawhi.

7. I think based on Brooklyn's history, they'll try to play it smart and go after Tier 2 guys instead of trying to hit a home run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2018, 12:16 PM   #72
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0

Young role players. Sometimes too many chiefs & not enough Indians is detrimental. I think their core is set for the long haul, building longevity through the bench is the key.

I'd rather see Klay go, but I think Durant will. Durant doesn't strike me as the type that actually loves being the bad guy, I think he wants his legacy to clean up, and going somewhere as a savior would help. I'd like to see him go to somewhere like Indiana (like he did in my MyLeague), low key, not a glitz and glam market, sort of off-the-radar.

Kawhi resign. I like him up there in Toronto, I think it fits him. Him joining the Clippers or I'll be damned, the Lakers, is just not his style. He's so low key and reserved, and even if it works out, I just don't like it as a fan.

That team could be hella dangerous if they do so. Go for it.

I'm the type that believes you never trade a super star, you do what you can to build around him, even if that means you rebuild. If he goes in FA, that's his choice, but never hit that trade button on someone that talented.

I don't like the thought of LeBron playing alongside Durant and Kawhi, so I'll go Boogie.

Roll it over. Legacies aren't built in a day and even if they got to the playoffs, the Nets aren't topping other teams in the East. Wait your turn, give two guys pay days, and enjoy your lotto pick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »