Home

Survive The Swarm - Charlotte Hornets MyLeague

This is a discussion on Survive The Swarm - Charlotte Hornets MyLeague within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2018, 01:57 AM   #1
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9
Survive The Swarm - Charlotte Hornets MyLeague

I spent more time that I would have like deciding what team I wanted to run this MyLeague with. I live just outside of Charlotte, having been in the area for about a decade now. Growing up in New York City, the Knicks will always be my team despite their lack of success. I seem to be a stickler for that, as the Charlotte Hornets aren't the far from the same boat. They've never been to the Conference Finals, let alone made a NBA Finals appearance.

The contracts doled out are a bit of a mess, to say the least. Their best player is sixth-highest paid on the team and that's not because he's on a rookie contract. Michael Jordan may have win now on his agenda but they don't have the roster to do it. Even a playoff appearance this year is in doubt, which is saying something considering how wide open the East looks for those final three playoff spots. There's a new GM and head coach in Charlotte, only time will tell if Charlotte can become a consistently good team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2018, 02:01 AM   #2
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Re: Survive The Swarm - Charlotte Hornets MyLeague

Version: NBA 2K19
Platform: PS4
Difficulty Level: Hall of Fame, with edits
Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Roster: Official 2K Roster (as of October 16th)
Draft Class: NBA2KCreationz (subject to change)
Draft Class Quality: 40
Hard Cap: OFF
CPU-CPU Trades: On, with Trade Approval
Injury Severity: 55
Injury Duration: 45
Career Ending Injury Frequency: 35
Player Progression Rate: 40
Player Regression Rate: 55
Training Intensity: 40 (Very Low), 45 (Low), 50 (Medium), 55 (High), 60 (Very High)
Work Ethic: 40 (Medium), 45 (High), 50 (Very High)

Last edited by Knickerbocker91; 10-17-2018 at 03:26 AM.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:02 AM   #3
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Old 10-16-2018, 02:03 AM   #4
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Old 10-16-2018, 03:50 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Following this, looks promising!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #6
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Last Season: 36-46 (3rd Southeast, 10th Eastern), Did Not Make Playoffs

Key Losses: C Dwight Howard, HC Steve Clifford

Key Additions: PG Tony Parker, SF Miles Bridges, HC James Borrego

With Charlotte missing the playoffs for the third time in the last four seasons, the Hornets parted ways with head coach Steve Clifford and brought in James Borrego from the Spurs organization. Borrego wasn't the only one to arrive from the Lone Star State, as long time Spur Tony Parker joined the Hornets this off-season. Parker spent his entire career in San Antonio, who no longer have their long standing trio of Parker, Tim Duncan, and Manu Ginoboli. As for Charlotte, the search for consistency travels into another season. They're now three seasons removed from 48 wins and taking Miami to seven games in the first round of the playoffs, but haven't been able to replicate that success.

The roster looks like the organization wants to win now, especially if you look at the contracts. This season will start and end with All-Star Kemba Walker, who faced quite a few trade rumors last season thanks to some bloated contracts on the roster. Walker will be joined at the starting guard position by Jeremy Lamb, who showed promise in games he started last season. Lamb will have to take another step forward, not only because he's entering his seventh season but because Malik Monk is his backup and his aggressive scoring is a trait that can only help Charlotte.

Borrego faces a challenge determining what lineups he'll run with all the forwards and big men on the roster. With Lamb starting at shooting guard, Nicolas Batum will more than likely start at small forward, pushing Michael Kidd-Gilchrist to the bench. Marvin Williams will continue to play the stretch four role in the starting lineup, while Frank Kaminsky III will have to improve his shooting to be a reliable scorer on the second unit. Cody Zeller will move into the starting lineup with the departure of Dwight Howard to Washington, and Charlotte brought back Bismack Biyombo as depth. Willy Hernangomez didn't have the same numbers as his rookie season in New York, but the team is high on his ability to contribute.

Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, Indiana, Milwaukee, and Washington are considered locks to make the playoffs. That leaves Charlotte fighting teams like Detroit, Miami and Cleveland for the final two spots. Charlotte will have to avoid being on the outside looking in by that All-Star Break, as the last seven weeks of the season have 20 games against teams that made the playoffs last year, not to mention a trip out west to play the Los Angeles Lakers. Making the playoffs is possible, but I wouldn't ask Charlotte fans to hold their breath. At least this year's All-Star Game is in the Queen City this season.

Prediction: 39-43, No Playoffs

Old 10-17-2018, 10:01 AM   #7
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes Moist Monk on Operations sports

Some things though, Frank is playing the 5 this year, MKG is playing 4
Old 10-17-2018, 10:13 AM   #8
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12